Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tito's Vodka

• 06-06-2014 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Does anyone know if you can buy Tito's Vodka in Ireland, preferably the Dublin area? I used to drink this a lot in America and enjoyed it (not usually a vodka drinker). Would live to pick up a bottle if I can find one.

TitoVodka.jpg

Thanks,

DM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I haven't seen it. Is it flavourless? if so I would recommend you try skyy vodka, or smirnoff black.

I thought the gluten free thing was odd, thinking no spirits would contain it since they are distilled.

How is Tito’s gluten-free?

Tito’s is made from 100% corn and as a distilled spirit, is completely gluten-free. Some producers add a little bit of mash back into the spirit after distillation, which would add gluten content into an otherwise gluten-free distillate (if using wheat as the base), but I don’t do that regardless. It’s an important thing for us, and we actually include “GLUTEN-FREE” in lots of our materials and on the website so people can make informed choices. But, I am a vodka man, not a doctor, so if you have more questions or concerns, you should definitely talk to your doctor about it!
    never heard of mash being put back into spirits. I have heard of them putting back the some of the early distillate (aka the heads) or the end bits, but not actual mash.

Reminded me of this
    free.png

Seems to be an issue though.

http://celiacdisease.about.com/od/glutenfreefoodshoppin1/f/Is-Vodka-Gluten-Free.htm
    Most experts on celiac disease believe that distillation removes enough of the harmful gluten proteins to render alcohol made from gluten grains gluten-free. In fact, the National Institutes of Health advises that distilled alcoholic beverages are safe to drink, even if they're made from gluten sources.

However, many of us who are very sensitive to gluten cross-contamination (me included) get truly nasty gluten symptoms from any form of alcohol that started its life as gluten grains ... and that includes vodka made from wheat or rye. In fact, the Celiac Sprue Association recommends against consuming gluten-based vodkas.

Fortunately, there are plenty of vodkas on the market that are not wheat-based (although some are made in facilities that also distill gluten grains).

Potato vodka is quite common (especially in imports from northern Europe), and one common vodka distillery (Smirnoff) makes its vodka from corn. Other, smaller companies make well-rated vodkas from grapes. For a complete, extensive list of gluten-free vodkas (including potential cross-contamination issues and some other shopping hints), check out the Gluten-Free Vodka List.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 jackwillson772

as far as i know its not in any other country but the states. I could be wrong but i have never been able to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

Thanks for the replies, its a shame its not available here. I have drank Sky Vodka a lot, but its definitely not as good as Tito's. If anyone does happen to come across it please let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Staplor

I've been keeping an eye out for years after a barman in the states told me about this little vodka that was winning awards all over the place, never found it here though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

It's available online in the UK for delivery to NI, Parcel Motel maybe?

http://www.drinksdirect.co.uk/acatalog/titos-handmade-vodka.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Parcel Motel won't take alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JenJen89

It's available in Redmonds Off-Licence in Ranelagh now, bought a bottle the other day.

How much was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

• Registered Users Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭mikeecho

https://www.obrienswine.ie/titos-vodka-70cl.html

€47.00

Tito's Handmade Vodka is produced in Austin at Texas' first and oldest legal distillery. It's made in small batches in an old fashioned pot still by Tito Beveridge (actual name), a 50-something geologist, and is microdistilled in an old-fashioned pot still, just like fine single malt scotches and high-end French cognacs.

• Advertisement

mikeecho wrote: »

you can book it for store pickup there. In some other thread someone saw a low selling item on the o briens site and figured they would all have it. The only shop with it is the beacon, which is sandyford ind. estate.

Expensive for what it is, but if I was forced to pay around 50 for vodka it would certainly be that stuff before the likes of grey goose or crystal skull.

It was in O'Brien's in the blanch centre today 47

• Registered Users Posts: 8 stay at homer

Love this vodka! Got 2 bottles in duty free in Newark Airport on a recent trip. $20 for a litre bottle so if any of your friends are going stateside get them to pick you up a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Just spotted it in Tesco Douglas for 30euro

Just in case anyone is looking for it for xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Just spotted it in Tesco Douglas for 30euro

Just in case anyone is looking for it for xmas

I saw this in tesco ballybrack too, I had forgotten about it since there were so many other offers going!

It's in Dunnes, but it's €40.

Dunne's had it for 30 last couple of weeks, got it for 30 in Tesco, great value and made the Toy Show extra fun.

Advertisement