Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 16 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I thought he was very lively 2nd half.

Once Danilo got out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Me too. I'm very happy to keep him and see others selling him in their droves!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Done my first early transfer of the season. Silva out for Ramsey. Fed up seeing my team value suffer so wanted to get on Ramsey earlier.

Next transfer later this week will be Brady finally out. Want to leave some "get Hazard" room so Rich a tiny bit too much. Surman interesting but tougher fixtures so might jump on Palace. I must be the only one who doesn't rate RLC. I might go left field and jump on the spacecraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

what do ye think of ozil?
    hes a big differential going to get off the city train for a while not quite as free flowing lately.
    i know ramsey is a lot cheaper but most in my league have him and ive a bit of ground to make up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,627 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

pimpmyhat wrote:
    what do ye think of ozil? hes a big differential going to get off the city train for a while not quite as free flowing lately. i know ramsey is a lot cheaper but most in my league have him and ive a bit of ground to make up

Interesting, have enough for Ozil/Otamendi in for Pogba/Walker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Gross + Mustafi out. Coutinho + Valencia in. Team ngw prob be.

Forster
    Ward Valencia Alonso
    Salah Silva Hazard Coutinho Doucoure
    Morata Rooney.

Content with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Is Sane to Coutinho madness when you already have Salah and will end up with no City coverage?

Interesting, have enough for Ozil/Otamendi in for Pogba/Walker

I feel i need some arsenal coverage.
    everyone is getting on the ramsey train.
    ozil only 2.1% ownership huge differential worth considering.
    sanchez way too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    I feel i need some arsenal coverage.
    everyone is getting on the ramsey train.
    ozil only 2.1% ownership huge differential worth considering.
    sanchez way too expensive

I just got off the Ramsey train to get Hazard in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Just a word of warning regarding Coutinho. January transfer window is fast approaching - don't be surprised to see him all of a sudden suffer from a 'bad back' again soon. Also Klopp has shown a willingness to rotate lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    what do ye think of ozil?
    hes a big differential going to get off the city train for a while not quite as free flowing lately.
    i know ramsey is a lot cheaper but most in my league have him and ive a bit of ground to make up

I've been thinking about getting him in for a while, maybe it's time to get rid of Sane. I currently have

Hazard, Salah, Sane, Sterling, Shaqiri
    Morata, Vardy, Rooney.

Original plan was Shaqiri out and downgrade Rooney or Vardy and then have nice top 7, however with Shaqiri's form that would be madness - which leaves me with only Sane as option.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I've been thinking about getting him in for a while, maybe it's time to get rid of Sane. I currently have

Hazard, Salah, Sane, Sterling, Shaqiri
    Morata, Vardy, Rooney.

Original plan was Shaqiri out and downgrade Rooney or Vardy and then have nice top 7, however with Shaqiri's form that would be madness - which leaves me with only Sane as option.

ya I currently have silva and sane aswell will be moving on one if not the too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

siblers wrote: »
    Sane to Hazard done, I felt like throwing the remote at the tv when watching Sane today, was very unimpressed by him.
    He was city's best attacking player ?????? Sterling on the other hand offered nothing throughout .......as did aguero .......jesus was good when he came on

siblers wrote: »
    Sane to Hazard done, I felt like throwing the remote at the tv when watching Sane today, was very unimpressed by him.

Their best attacker today
    Can see a run of points over Xmas again
    Delighted everyone is selling
    His points ceiling in any given game ( bar united one ) is very high

Fcuk this.

I’m scrimping and wrecking my head trying to fit in 4.3m playing defenders and accepting only having maybe 3 of the 5 midfielders I want.

Kane is sitting there using up 12.5m and not even outscoring the opposition.

Firmino is 4m cheaper and 15 points behind.

Jesus is 2m cheaper and 8 points behind.

Morata is also 2m cheaper and 1 point ahead.

Vardy is 4m cheaper and only 13 points behind.

Even Rooney is only 20 points off his score but over 5m cheaper.

Time to dump Kane and have any and every other player in the game I want.

At least 2 leagues I’m in are currently being led by teams that do NOT have Kane. Time to stop being so stubbornly loyal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Sane and Zaha out.

Hazard and Young in.

2nd -4 of the year. Can't be doing with the Hazard fear for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭steve_r

Struggling this week with options. Have 2 FT.

Have Brady and Gomez who are both injured.

Simpson was mentioned earlier in the thread as having good fixtures, no ohter option is jumping out to me with the way this weeks fixtures are stacking up for me.

I also have Lukaku (for shame!:o). I could go:
    Lukaku to Abraham, and
    Brady to Hazard

but I never really like the idea of going with a cheap striker.

Decisions, decisions!
    Rest of team
    DDG
    Otamendi Christianson Naughton Mbemba Gomez
    Salah Richarlison GroB RLC Brady
    Lukaku Kane Morata

steve_r wrote: »
    Struggling this week with options. Have 2 FT.

Have Brady and Gomez who are both injured.

Simpson was mentioned earlier in the thread as having good fixtures, no ohter option is jumping out to me with the way this weeks fixtures are stacking up for me.

I also have Lukaku (for shame!:o). I could go:
    Lukaku to Abraham, and
    Brady to Hazard

but I never really like the idea of going with a cheap striker.

Decisions, decisions!
    Rest of team
    DDG
    Otamendi Christianson Naughton Mbemba Gomez
    Salah Richarlison GroB RLC Brady
    Lukaku Kane Morata
    Could you afford Austin instead of Abraham ?
    Or wood
    If not go for crouch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

klopparama wrote: »
    Fcuk this.

I’m scrimping and wrecking my head trying to fit in 4.3m playing defenders and accepting only having maybe 3 of the 5 midfielders I want.

At least 2 leagues I’m in are currently being led by teams that do NOT have Kane. Time to stop being so stubbornly loyal.

Id stick with Kane for week or two - Spurs at home to Stoke and Brighton -
    He could easily get 3 / 4 goals in them 2 games

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Id stick with Kane for week or two - Spurs at home to Stoke and Brighton -
    He could easily get 3 / 4 goals in them 2 games

The problem with this is Spurs are not "at home". If these were at WHL I'd unquestionably agree to stick with him but he has blanked in 5 out of 7 home games this season. And those blanks included the likes of Bournemouth, Swansea and Palace - not exactly the toughest of games.

I got rid of him last week to make room for Hazard but if I did own him them I'd likely hold him for the Stoke game (2nd only to West Ham for goals conceded) and make a call after that. If he blanks again then it's time get rid.

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Could you afford Austin instead of Abraham ?
    Or wood
    If not go for crouch

Could go any of them - but Tammy from what I've seen looks nailed on and the main offensive force. Austin is not nailed on for Soton and Wood doesn't look great

Fcuk this.

Firmino - rotation risk and not having a great season
    Vardy - defenders are very wise to his game at this point, has a few goals but not pulling up any trees
    Rooney - On a bit of a run - will be interesting to see how he fits into Big Sam's plans
    Jesus - Rotation risk

....Feel I may have convinced myself to take a punt on Rooney just there:D

I'm getting fustrated with Kane also but more in general at the lack of options at striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Just did Sané to Hazard. eeep!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Despite price fluctuations I think it's wise to wait until after the Champions League fixtures midweek before bringing in Hazard.
    He or someone else in your squad could easily get injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Lost most interest in this season but will play on to try upset a few rivals in head to heads latwr in the season :)

So early transfers made, team set and forget for the week.

Out:
    Choupo-Moting-Walker

In:
    Ramsey-Bellerin

Targetting a City defender thats cheaper than Walker or Christensen in near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Despite price fluctuations I think it's wise to wait until after the Champions League fixtures midweek before bringing in Hazard.
    He or someone else in your squad could easily get injured.

I thought about this but I like to live life on the edge and threw caution in the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

km79 wrote: »
    There will be NO SPACE . Bus will be fully in position . If ye have united amd city defenders play them!
    I might bench sane

I think they need a new bus. The one they used vs Arsenal had about 30 football shaped holes in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Fcuk this.

Felt like this at the weekend too and was all set to rage transfer Kane out but then calmed down when I saw the alternatives (I already have Vardy and Morata).

I think I'll give him another couple of games either way - might bank the transfer this week ahead of planned surgery in a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Any Everton watchers out there?

Jonjoe Kenny (4.3m), does he have the RB spot nailed down until Coleman returns? And has anything been said when he will return? I havn't seen anything online about it.

Thinking obviously that Big Sam will make them more solid and a cheap defender would be a nice rotation player.

I'm really thinking going to 5 big hitting midfielders and taking the hit up front could be the way forward but just have to try fit and choose five.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Fromvert wrote: »
    Any Everton watchers out there?

Jonjoe Kenny (4.3m), does he have the RB spot nailed down until Coleman returns? And has anything been said when he will return? I havn't seen anything online about it.

Thinking obviously that Big Sam will make them more solid and a cheap defender would be a nice rotation player.

I'm really thinking going to 5 big hitting midfielders and taking the hit up front could be the way forward but just have to try fit and choose five.

Sam was impressed with him in the last two games so I'd say he's safe enough. Dunno much about seamus but I doubt we'll see him until January. Martina is covering for baines and Holgate played centre half which is his natural position on Saturday. Kenny has played very well since he came into the team.

Advertisement