Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread VIII - ** MOD NOTE POST #4781 **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,742 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Why are people feeding the dumpster fire!? Why!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Likely it's from the 99% of twitter/internet that's **** but is there anything to these rumours of Bundee Aki being arrested

• Registered Users Posts: 12,554 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Likely it's from the 99% of twitter/internet that's **** but is there anything to these rumours of Bundee Aki being arrested
    It won't be reported on in the press unless and until he appears in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,554 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

molloyjh wrote: »
    Why are people feeding the dumpster fire!? Why!?
    Apologies. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭connachta

prawnsambo wrote: »
    connachta wrote: »
    At least could you agree the 6N right before RWC should be used to build the squad for September, whoever the "in-form" are in January?
    The bones of the squad are already built. The younger lads just need some more game time. Which they'll get through the next two 6Ns, Summer tours and AIs. Might need another hooker and out half, but that's about it barring injury.
    Thank you. It means more gametime during 6 nations for Sweentnam/Stockdale over the Kearneys, above all Dave, even if he's temporarily in-form in January 2018 or January 2019. If we're building for RWC.
    Well that's enough said. You're gonna say "no" and all over again. I'm done for today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭ Marina Old-fashioned Locket

what is dumpster fire?

is it jazzing about world vs 6 nations or
    has aki been arrested?

can i have some more reality checks please

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Joe is often right. Not on that state of mind about RWC. That's all. I've never ever have an agenda "Schmidt out". Not even in secret. Rob out, yes, but that's smth else :D

In order to have long term goals (rwc) we need to finance that in the short term. The money from the 6n is VERY important. Also in RWC year we dont have AIs which means a drop in revenue.

If we aim long term and only long term we need to save money somewhere. Maybe we can cut one of the provinces??

You can argue all you want about how to plan for RWC and you can cry about Schmidt being wrong but you dont have to deal with reality. Which is just as well because you live in cloud cuckoo land.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,724 ✭✭✭✭bilston

At least could you agree the 6N tounament right before RWC should be used to build the squad for September, whoever the "in-form" are in January?

I can only speak for myself but absolutely not. The 6Ns is so important financially. If Ireland finish in the bottom half of the 6Ns Connacht get less money as do all the provinces to renew contracts and sign NIQs.

That and the history in the tournament. Whether you win a 6Ns in a WC year or a Lions year or another year is irrelevant, winning it is a big big deal. The fact that 70 years on we can still name some of the players from the 1948 success says it all and it wasn't that big a deal then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Thank you. It means more gametime during 6 nations for Sweentnam/Stockdale over the Kearneys, above all Dave, even if he's temporarily in-form in January 2018 or January 2019. If we're building for RWC.
    Well that's enough said. You're gonna say "no" and all over again. I'm done for today.

You just said that the 6Nations before the RWC should be used to play the form players. But now you're saying if the Kearneys are in form they still shouldn't be seleected?? I'm confused.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

This thread is actually unbearable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Any chance of an invite-only version of this thread?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Any chance of an invite-only version of this thread?

Good idea

Remember folks, you can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

This thread must have the greatest ratio of mods complaining to regular posters complaining :D

Has one if the Kearneys got your sister knocked up or something. The anti kearney agenda is unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Has one if the Kearneys got your sister knocked up or something. The anti kearney agenda is unreal

Might have something to do with being a reflex action against all their pro-Clongowes tripe on Leinsterfans since the inception of that site in 2002. All their gloating and agenda setting on that site has turned people off it literally there is no traffic on it any more. That and his pouting at the cameras doesn't help his over inflated ego.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Have there been any further updates on Jared Payne or Jamie Heaslip in the past week?

Stheno wrote: »
    Have there been any further updates on Jared Payne or Jamie Heaslip in the past week?

Payne is out indefinitely. Headaches caused by a head/neck injury

Heaslip had surgery a few weeks ago. No timeline given on a possible return

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Payne is out indefinitely. Headaches caused by a head/neck injury

Heaslip had surgery a few weeks ago. No timeline given on a possible return

Didn't realise Heaslip had surgery again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Remember folks, you can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

Very true. You can't use logic and facts to beat emotion and faith. I know this from every argument I have ever had with the missus. No matter how right I am, I'm still wrong.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I enjoy the crazy. It keeps me sane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Very true. You can't use logic and facts to beat emotion and faith. I know this from every argument I have ever had with the missus. No matter how right I am, I'm still wrong.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I enjoy the crazy. It keeps me sane.

You need a certain amount of crazy because you end up with an echo chamber otherwise, which isn't the least bit interesting. But the thread getting messed up for pages and pages and pages with the exact same crap as has been posted a hundred times before... I can do without.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

You need a certain amount of crazy because you end up with an echo chamber otherwise, which isn't the least bit interesting. But the thread getting messed up for pages and pages and pages with the exact same crap as has been posted a hundred times before... I can do without.

Now you know how we feel over on the Munster thread 90% of the time :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Sephiral

I would be working off the assumption that Payne/Heaslip won't be back. Heaslip will be 34 in a few days, it will be really difficult to recover from such a long way off at this stage. The length of time Payne has been out for something without a firm diagnosis is seriously worrying for the man long term, even outside rugby.

We will probably have to plan without them and if they return and hit the same level of performance, it can be a massive boost to the squad.

Sephiral wrote: »
    I would be working off the assumption that Payne/Heaslip won't be back. Heaslip will be 34 in a few days, it will be really difficult to recover from such a long way off at this stage. The length of time Payne has been out for something without a firm diagnosis is seriously worrying for the man long term, even outside rugby.

We will probably have to plan without them and if they return and hit the same level of performance, it can be a massive boost to the squad.

Payne isn't a spring chicken either so would have to consider both won't even be medium term fixtures in the side if fit.

The nature of both their injuries, I hope they're alright in their post-rugby lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭ Marina Old-fashioned Locket

schmidt is not building for japan, he stated this himself many times.
    i believe it when he says he takes each tournament, test and tour on their own merits.
    if you look at the age profile of the squad, many of the key players will be in their mid thirties by the time japan starts and that age profile will unfortunately be a serious potential problem.
    Ireland have a better chance of winning six nations and so should fully concentrate on that.
    Aim for a WC quarter which is very possible and anything else is a bonus.
    Our player pool is just not good enough to go about it any other way - that is the lesson schmidt took from the 2015 world cup.

if you look at the age profile of the squad, many of the key players will be in their mid thirties by the time japan starts

Best 37
    Healy 32
    Toner 33
    SoB 32
    Sexton 34
    Earls 32
    Kearney 33

Sexton is the only Key player who fits that age profile you mentioned. Its possible Best doesnt even go and N Scannell is first choice by then. For The rest in the list age isnt an issue.

I havent included Payne and Heaslip as we dont know if they will even play again.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Schmidt HAS said he is building for Japan.

You are living in an alternate universe.

schmidt is not building for japan, he stated this himself many times.

Post a quote or get out of here.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

broken_record.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,742 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Why is this still happening!?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement