Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

city square

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Max Powers wrote: »
    fricatus wrote: »
    The food court on the right upstairs looked practically ready to open when I was in there last week... any firm word on what's going into the various new units now?

Nothing except chopped
    Is the food court a bit of a flop?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

They are charging ridiculous prices for those glass retail units in there. The smallest one works out at just about 17k a year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭Gavlor

They are charging ridiculous prices for those glass retail units in there. The smallest one works out at just about 17k a year

That’s a lot of left handed scissors

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Nothing except chopped

Kylemore are going back in there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

PTH2009 wrote: »
    pales in comparison too food courts in other shopping centres

wheres the KFC, Nandos, Burger King, Pizza bar etc

General cafe/food like kylemore probably a good fit for the demand.Kfc out dunmore road, pizza hut opening .I wouldn't be bothered personally about other two, much rather see something different like chopped then a mediocre burger place.there will be other announcements too as more space than before.having said that I wouldn't be surprised to see BK back in there upstairs, it was always busy in previous place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

General cafe/food like kylemore probably a good fit for the demand.Kfc out dunmore road, pizza hut opening near Odeon, .I wouldn't be bothered personally about other two, much rather see something different like chopped then a mediocre burger place.there will be other announcements too as more space than before.having said that I wouldn't be surprised to see BK back in there upstairs, it was always busy in previous place.

Where are pizza hut opening ?

General cafe/food like kylemore probably a good fit for the demand.Kfc out dunmore road, pizza hut opening near Odeon, .I wouldn't be bothered personally about other two, much rather see something different like chopped then a mediocre burger place.there will be other announcements too as more space than before.having said that I wouldn't be surprised to see BK back in there upstairs, it was always busy in previous place.

Railway square

Deiseen wrote: »
    Railway square

At the front in those empty units?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Flow Motion

I'd prefer it if a branch of 'Milano' was opening in Waterford and not a Pizza Hut.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Chopped is a place you will go once and never return. €6 for a basic sandwich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I'd prefer it if a branch of 'Milano' was opening in Waterford and not a Pizza Hut.

Yeah, we can finally put our Tesco points to good use :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Yeah, we can finally put our Tesco points to good use :D

I'd settle for a TGIs myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Chopped is a place you will go once and never return. €6 for a basic sandwich.

The main premise of chopped is salads. I dont there are sandwiches on the menu.

You might be able to get a wrap. But its 90% chopped salads.

I would go close to once a week in Dublin. Its a great healthy option for lunch or dinner on the go, an alternative to the sandwich.

Id prefer a local independant shop that does a nice pizza,there's less than a handful of decent places in town to get a good pizza..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Id prefer a local independant shop that does a nice pizza,there's less than a handful of decent places in town to get a good pizza..

I'd imagine the high prices that City Square are looking for, there would very little chance of an independent and local restaurant going in there.

Also if they are not getting anyone to fill those small units across from JD Sports in December, then they'll have no hope filling it from January onwards.

Dissapointed that Kylemore are going back there of true. It's literally just a rearrangement of the furniture - Carrig Donn going in to where Burger King were. This is it's third move in as many years. Hoping that it's a big store going into the main new unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Burzza do a mean pizza, as does Antichi Sapori, espresso. I suppose for day time there's not much though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I know someone that looked at the unit next to holland and Barrett

48k rent
    14k rates
    18k service charge

They just laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Burzza do a mean pizza, as does Antichi Sapori, espresso. I suppose for day time there's not much though

Ginos open during day, Italian on quay and an Italian on high street right outside city square, all nice.we're ok for Italian options IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

CeilingFly wrote: »
    I know someone that looked at the unit next to holland and Barrett

48k rent
    14k rates
    18k service charge

They just laughed.

And that unit has been empty for about 6-7 years now since Next left. Imagine if they got a bit more realistic with the price of where the unit is - under the main stairs, and very little window display - that they could have had a tenant there.

Ginos open during day, Italian on quay and an Italian on high street right outside city square, all nice.we're ok for Italian options IMO

Where's the italian on the Quay? Antichi Sapori is the one right outside City Square btw, forgot about Ginos. Mmmm Ginos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Where's the italian on the Quay? Antichi Sapori is the one right outside City Square btw, forgot about Ginos. Mmmm Ginos

And Emilianos two minutes away too. I love all those restaurants mentioned but as someone else said you need the deeper pockets of multinationals sometimes to keep a place afloat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Where's the italian on the Quay?

La Fontana (near Jordan's) I'm guessing.

Oh completely forgot about La Fontana.

Been there, nice food but a bit pricey. €81 euro for 2 courses each and 2 glasses wine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭JohnC.

So, Chopped is open. It's funny how empty the upstairs section is with just one small unit open.

Ummmmm, guys.. I don't wanna be the one to say it.. but yeah, Chopped and all.. looks great, but all empty besides that? I honestly feel like they've been closed for a year and spent hundreds of thousands creating new lovely toilets and corridors :-(

Ummmmm, guys.. I don't wanna be the one to say it.. but yeah, Chopped and all.. looks great, but all empty besides that? I honestly feel like they've been closed for a year and spent hundreds of thousands creating new lovely toilets and corridors :-(

Well they better find some other restaurants then...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Anyone else hear Kylemore are moving back into part of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fargojones123

JohnC. wrote: »

I hear that before they closed to make way for the food hall, but haven't hear much about it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

And how the mens toilets are the disabled ones and nearly always have a queue. Hipefully the actually have proper mens toilets soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

JohnC. wrote: »

Kylemore Cafe as a brand is now gone, but the company behind Kylemore has several brands and could fill a food hall on their own
    https://www.ksg.ie/about/

Advertisement