Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW15 Captain

• 30-11-2017 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭

Quick turnaround again lads.

Who are you on?

Minds telling me Alonso :eek:

GW15 Captain 157 votes

Morata (NEW)
    0% 0 votes
    Hazard (NEW)
    19% 30 votes
    Alonso (NEW)
    24% 38 votes
    Salah (bri)
    1% 3 votes
    Vardy (BUR)
    25% 40 votes
    Kane (wat)
    1% 2 votes
    Sanchez (MUN)
    12% 19 votes
    Lukaku (ars)
    0% 1 vote
    Aguero (WHA)
    0% 0 votes
    Jesus (WHA)
    5% 9 votes
    Sterling (WHA)
    3% 6 votes
    Sane (WHA)
    1% 3 votes
    Other (Please specify in thread)
    3% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Salah for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

On Hazard at the mo, rested midweek, looking really sharp and Newcastle not looking good at all and shipping a fair few goals lately.

On the other hand it seems mad not to go for Salah given his form. Brighton do seem quite solid at the back however.

Sane the other contender, but likely either Haz or Sal

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Alonso again

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

First thoughts are Morata or Sane/Silva.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Morzadec wrote: »
    On Hazard at the mo, rested midweek, looking really sharp and Newcastle not looking good at all and shipping a fair few goals lately.

On the other hand it seems mad not to go for Salah given his form. Brighton do seem quite solid at the back however.

Sane the other contender, but likely either Haz or Sal

Watford conceded 4 again midweek
    Kane is an obvious candidate
    Him or sane for me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Haz

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Be wary of Alonso.

I have him, but he will get at least one game off. Zappacosta came off early last night, and can play on the left.

I can only hope his rest will come in the Champions League, as Chelsea are pretty much safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Gotta be Salah!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think I'm going to go with Kane to bring me the disappointment this week. Hopefully he can avoid a yellow I'd settle for a 2 pt captain at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Kane away from home against a shocking Watford defense for me. Haz and Salah the two that are tempting me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Easy Salah until he doesn't actually score in a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Salah auto-captain.......but Kane away from home to dodgy defence is tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

SlickRic wrote:
    I can only hope his rest will come in the Champions League, as Chelsea are pretty much safe.

I'd say Conte will want to win the group so they'll a win to be assured of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Officer999

Burned by Hazard during the week. Going back for more possible punishment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Masochist me. Hazard

There's no risk in captaining Hazard lads. He starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Hazard if I had him.

Salah or Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hazard again for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Have it on Hazard, Aguero would be some punt at home to West Ham of all teams. Shows how far he has slipped in people's estimation around here with just the one vote, I have him and now I'm tempted, my captain picks have been awful this season so what could possibly go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

patmac wrote: »
    Have it on Hazard, Aguero would be some punt at home to West Ham of all teams. Shows how far he has slipped in people's estimation around here with just the one vote, I have him and now I'm tempted, my captain picks have been awful this season so what could possibly go wrong.

This is why I don't/cant own aguero
    11.5 on a striker who you are hesitant to captain at home to a GOD AWFUL team..........

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Need a differential...Aguero it is !

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spindex

Salah Salah Salah

Need a differential...Aguero it is !

be careful. he is due a rotation. IMO, your biggest hope that he starts is if Sané happens to still be ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Salah at the Mo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Everyone thinking Morata will be rested?

Everyone thinking Morata will be rested?

i think he will be, but it really does depend how Conte sees the importance/difficulty of the Newcastle game, compared to the importance/difficulty of the Champions League game midweek.

it's the same issue with Alonso. we just don't know when they'll get their rest, because they will get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

SlickRic wrote: »
    i think he will be, but it really does depend how Conte sees the importance/difficulty of the Newcastle game, compared to the importance/difficulty of the Champions League game midweek.

it's the same issue with Alonso. we just don't know when they'll get their rest, because they will get one.

I think its because of the champions league game that he will play, I know id like my marquee forward full of confidence for that game, and a nice home fixture against Newcastle is just the ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Torn between Hazard and Salah or taking a punt on Sane.
    Have it Haz (C), Salah (VC) at the moment.

Advertisement