Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Using open driving to take a friend's car to an nct test?

• 29-11-2017 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

My friend just bought a car which has an expired nct, needs to go for the test. The car is taxed. Will my third party open driving policy allow me to take it to the nct centre for him? I'd be driving it directly to the test centre and right back to his house again, 5 miles each way. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sheepers

Forgot to add, my friend doesn't have insurance on this car, hence needing me to take it to the test. 

• Company Representative Posts: 23 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Kieron

sheepers wrote: »
    Forgot to add, my friend doesn't have insurance on this car, hence needing me to take it to the test. 
    Hi sheepers,

I am assuming you have a car insurance policy with us. If your Certificate of Motor Insurance says so, we cover the policy holder on a third party only basis for driving any other private car which is not owned by you, your employer or hired under a hire purchase or lease agreement. We offer Third Party Extension on both Third Party Fire and Theft and Comprehensive policies. We do require the policyholder to hold a full E.U. licence.

The car does not have to be insured but it would otherwise have to be roadworthy (this is not the same as having an NCT). You can find the full terms and condition on page sixteen of our policy booklet. I have attached the below link to our policy booklet for your convenience.

https://www.libertyinsurance.ie/assets/Uploads/Private-Motor-Vehicle-Policy-Document.pdf

Hope this helps.
    Regards

Kieran

Advertisement