Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ZXC53

They’ve given us a new link and an extended time period to complete it in thankfully! Not sure for the recent ones though

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tubes46

Now says on the link, Site under maintaince, will be up and running again in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ItsLikeThis

So just tried to do my IST and the system has completely bricked itself.

After selecting my answers on the questions in the first section and pressing next it was taking ages to move me to the next question. Nothing was happening at all... Only got four questions done because of the freezing and then time ran out....

Moved on to the second section and when the page loaded, it did not loaf the answers to allow me to select my answers. After ages of waiting and hoping i reloaded the screen and the same happened and after another reload, nothing but a blank white screen.

Ive emailed recruitment as this is an absolute joke. Have to wait until office hours to hear back now.

Its not the laptop and its not the internet connection as everything else is working perfectly. Took pictures of the screen incase they ask for proof.

Anyone else have any issues or is this just my damn luck??

Same here. After it froze I tried on my phone aswell, they advise trying another device on the email, then both phone and laptop displayed test active on another device... so I'm stuck...

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭recruit099

anyone else have a problem with the IST mine currently says it is unavailable after closing it down and going to start the second part??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

recruit099 wrote: »
    anyone else have a problem with the IST mine currently says it is unavailable after closing it down and going to start the second part??
    Mine is the same, I believe they are fixing the issues with the test.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

I emailed Deloitte regarding an issue with my IST , they investigated it and found that the issue had occurred, they provided me with a new test to complete and extended my time, just email Deloitte right away, hopefully they can get this sorted for you guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Im hoping they dont have to retest us all, I found it stressful doing it once. Just hope those who had bother get a new test to complete via computer or pencil and paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

With all these issues arising with the IST, I sure am glad i done mine on the opening day with no issues! Loading times were slow but still got it all completed within the allocated time, really is a shame that it is happening but hopefully Deloitte will fix all issues and allow those who it has affected a retest.

Although will they extend the closing date due to these issues? Or will they only extend the due date for those who tried their test during the original 7 days? Thoughts?

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Im hoping they dont have to retest us all, I found it stressful doing it once. Just hope those who had bother get a new test to complete via computer or pencil and paper.

A retest for us all would be completely unfair and would annoy a lot of people so I doubt that would happen, although stranger things have happened so.... can’t rule anything out unless Deloitte says otherwise

I must say Deloitte were very good during the 1509 campaign, the day of my IST there was an RTC on one of the main roads into Belfast and many people coming from that direction missed the start time. Everyone who were made late by the RTC were told to put in an email request for another date and they granted it. Hope fully I have left that vague enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Lockie101 wrote: »
    With all these issues arising with the IST, I sure am glad i done mine on the opening day with no issues! Loading times were slow but still got it all completed within the allocated time, really is a shame that it is happening but hopefully Deloitte will fix all issues and allow those who it has affected a retest.

Although will they extend the closing date due to these issues? Or will they only extend the due date for those who tried their test during the original 7 days? Thoughts?

They will only extend the date for the people who have contacted them with problems. The over all end date won't be moved

Lockie101 wrote: »

They will only extend the date for the people who have contacted them with problems. The over all end date won't be moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Feckoffcup

Bugged my way through the first section , of course unfinished due to glitches. Onto the second part, got stuck halfway through. Next button magically turned white and could move no further.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Divingm

Test states not available at all online. Did you email the psni email re assistance
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tubes46

Yes email them. They are extending the deadline for those who had difficulty with the IST link.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gawa84

How long did Deloitte take to respond to people having issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mwat17

IST Stage Update (28.11.17):
    Please note we have experienced some technical difficulties with the online IST system during a defined period which we are currently investigating. As a result access to the system is not currently available. We will provide an update later today on next steps in the completion of your IST.

Please note that those candidates who have already fully completed their online IST are not impacted by this matter.

Posted on PSNI recruitment.

I haven't attempted mine yet....took today off work to do it and today is the day they shut it down! Gutted. I'm back at work from tomorrow so now really worried I'll not be able to get it done if they reopen in the morning for just the rest of that day.

I'm not attempting to do it then until they say otherwise- but I've taken a screenshot of their recruitment news post just to keep myself right incase I can't get it done due to being at work tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

gawa84 wrote: »
    How long did Deloitte take to respond to people having issues?
    It took a couple of days from me emailing them to repeating the test again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

mwat17 wrote: »
    Please note we have experienced some technical difficulties with the online IST system during a defined period which we are currently investigating. As a result access to the system is not currently available. We will provide an update later today on next steps in the completion of your IST.

Please note that those candidates who have already fully completed their online IST are not impacted by this matter.

I haven't attempted mine yet....took today off work to do it and today is the day they shut it down! Gutted.  I'm back at work from tomorrow so now really worried I'll not be able to get it done if they reopen in the morning for just the rest of that day.

I'm not attempting to do it then until they say otherwise- but I've taken a screenshot of their recruitment news post just to keep myself right incase I can't get it done due to being at work tomorrow.
    You might be best to email them to let them know that you can't do the IST, they may give you an extended deadline. Worth a try anyway.

I haven't attempted mine yet....took today off work to do it and today is the day they shut it down! Gutted. I'm back at work from tomorrow so now really worried I'll not be able to get it done if they reopen in the morning for just the rest of that day.

definately email them, keep yourself right. Create a paper trail they can follow.

• Advertisement

Just got an email from them, anyone who experienced difficulty should email them. So everyone who had bother keep yourselves right.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Statement issued at 3:00 stating that due to the test being inaccessible at the time being a revised completion date will be granted for those still to complete the test, with a further update coming tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Just tried to do my test online but says it currently unavailable going to send an email of now! The panic has set in!

Just checked their website and saw the following message-

IST Stage Update (3pm 28.11.17):

Please note we have experienced some technical difficulties with the online IST system during a defined period. We are currently investigating this, and as a result access to the system is not currently available and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. For all candidates who have not yet started or completed their IST, please be assured that once the system is up and running again, you will be given the full opportunity to complete the test. Revised timelines for completion will also be provided.

For all candidates who have already completed the online IST, please be assured that the system has successfully recorded your results. If however you experienced any technical issues in completing your IST, please get in touch at info@joinpsni.co.uk

We will post a further update at 10am on 29.11.17

I took the day off that the IST opened and I am so glad I did, feel sorry for everyone who has had difficulties and I hope you are all given the same chance and have the same motivation to get it done despite the technicalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mwat17

NornIron74 wrote: »
    You might be best to email them to let them know that you can't do the IST, they may give you an extended deadline. Worth a try anyway.
    Goonerdee wrote: »

definately email them, keep yourself right. Create a paper trail they can follow.

Thanks guys. You're both right, I wondered if I should do that and I am sitting down to send one now! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Thanks for all the help guys, sent email off and received an email back saying they where having problems with the system, I will tackle the IST yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Just out of curiosity. Are the people who are facing problems sitting the test twice? What I mean to say is, are these new questions they're getting or the same questions as before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

I don’t think anyone knows. I’m guessing they have a big pool of questions to pull from. If I had to do mine again, I can’t even remember what some of the questions were on the original one.

All the best to those still to do theirs. Don’t panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

The original info stated that no acknowledgement email would be sent after the test has been completed, but getting a generic email about the technical issues but not to worry if you have already submitted isn't very reassuring? Argh! 😕

• Advertisement

The original info stated that no acknowledgement email would be sent after the test has been completed, but getting a generic email about the technical issues but not to worry if you have already submitted isn't very reassuring? Argh! 😕

How so? They said they wouldn't send acknowledgement to say "dear *** We have received you're ist"
    The fact they are sending emails to everyone about the problems is to reassure everyone that they know of problems and are going to sort it.

Advertisement