Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 1 - The Initial Selection Test

1808182838486»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

GataNegra wrote: »
    HI folks, this is my first post. I'm a little confused as ive read that there is no numerical reasoning  test now. Can someone please confirm this? I have been super busy with work and have started today, "revising"my 'Math" in preparation. Will take my test on Sunday/ Thanks you in advance.

Your email explains all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GataNegra

Not sure what you mean.

Ah, got ot. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 blue3790

Completed my IST - found it a lot easier than the paper format if I’m honest- I could be wrong, and my results could end up saying otherwise, but I think the questions were easier and not as mentally demanding. Still as time constrained though, particularly the second bit. All the best everyone.

That's great, blue.
    Good luck to all still to do the test. I'm just relieved there's no numerology, it's been awhile :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Daisy76

Hi Everyone,
    Just completed my IST. Similar experience to blue (above). I have done the paper test once before and struggled for time. Failed by 1 mark. Found these 2 tests much easier and completed both within the time limit. (hope i'm not being too confident). 
    My biggest tip would be to use a timer on your mobile phone or watch and know how much time to spend on each question. Get them all answered. no negative marking for wrong answers. 
    All the best to those still to complete this. 
    Does anyone know the number of people taking the IST??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

There is no need to fixate on the number of people applying because like all public sector recruitment it's about competency threshold.

Just do you best.

How other people do only becomes relevent after Assessment Centre when the merit list is formed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Daisy76 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    Just completed my IST. Similar experience to blue (above). I have done the paper test once before and struggled for time. Failed by 1 mark. Found these 2 tests much easier and completed both within the time limit. (hope i'm not being too confident). 
    My biggest tip would be to use a timer on your mobile phone or watch and know how much time to spend on each question. Get them all answered. no negative marking for wrong answers. 
    All the best to those still to complete this. 
    Does anyone know the number of people taking the IST??

One person did say their UID number for a high 4 figures so could be anywhere between 6000-9000

• Registered Users Posts: 5 armchairrunner

I have completed both assessments and I don't feel overly worried. Obviously I'm not saying I know I passed but I think I'm in with the same chance as everyone else so here's hoping. Hope everyone else here gets the result they're hoping for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Thierryonwii

Anybody have issues completing the IST? Completed the first question, clicked next to load the next then it ****s itself, when it finally comes round the session timed out! Sent an email to Deloitte there, just my luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 NickMan090

First time poster. Yes had the same problem. Emailed aswell. Stressing at the minute. Hopefully they reset and it works smoothly tomorrow night or else my current work rota wont allow me the time to get it done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

There seems to be quite a few that have had issues. Hopefully yous get to do the test along with the reasonable adjustment ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 blue3790

check your emails. An email just came through regarding this.

I received this, this morning but nothing since!
    "We will provide more information later today including details of revised timelines for the submission of the Online IST"

I'm panicking as I travel a lot for work. Today was my 1st day to sit and take test.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roboturnip

Like a few have mentioned, today I had planned to sit the IST. Probably should have been more pro active and had it done before this!!

The email is a tad unclear, but hopefully tomorrow morning, they will announce an extended time frame for completion, otherwise its going to be difficult completing it in work...

Advertisement