Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Not sure on numbers but I personally belive that the 45+ applicants are a valuable resource when it comes to working togwther in the college. Having worked with mature students and older peers at work.

Welcome to the party

Give us young'uns a run for our money

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FinalTry32

What is the age range between us all?

20-24 for myself.

20-24 for myself.

Im 32 ...

• Advertisement

FinalTry32 wrote: »

Im 32 ...

So?

Age has no bearing on anything I dint think. You have 10 years life experience on me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

20-24 for myself.

Im 32 ...

I’m 32 as well.

Im 32 ...

So?

Age has no bearing on anything I dint think. You have 10 years life experience on me...

No i agree, it doesnt, just curious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Plumbridge wrote: »
    Hi it's my first post here, are there many over 50's who apply for PSNI, i am 54 and a former British Soldier, was curious if many over 50s pass

As long as you pass all the stages I wouldnt worry about age. Each age group will bring their personalities and abilities with them. I think I remember someone posting that they were in their mid 40s when they started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Hi it's my first post here, are there many over 50's who apply for PSNI, i am 54 and a former British Soldier, was curious if many over 50s pass

As long as you pass all the stages I wouldnt worry about age. Each age group will bring their personalities and abilities with them. I think I remember someone posting that they were in their mid 40s when they started.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bangedtorights

I’m in the early thirty club too. Age is just a number. I think people of all ages, bring their sills, experience and personalities. Everyone has something to offer

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Still havnt got round to the IST, doing it today. Hopefully I'm not too shaken up doing it lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Well that's the IST done, it's in God's hands now. Hopefully I have done enough to pass and hopefully everyone on here passes too.

Just a word of advice, try not to post personal info about yourself on here (even in your forum name) as unfortunately not everyone reading these forums are nice people. Saying that welcome to the forum and regarding age as long as you are between 18 and 57 on the 10th May 2018 it won't be a problem.

NornIron74 wrote: »
    Well that's the IST done, it's in God's hands now. Hopefully I have done enough to pass and hopefully everyone on here passes too.

Sure all will be grand

Well, just finished mine there now, i know for a fact i made 1 mistake on one of the questions but that it, hopefully i done enough to get over the mark, hopefully its enough for my ticket to belfast, good luck to the rest still having to sit theirs.

Anyone else get a reminder email for the IST deadline?

Anyone else get a reminder email for the IST deadline?[/quot

I got one too.

Slo85 wrote: »

I got one too.

Maybe there's still quite a lot that haven't completed it yet.[/quote]

I got one too.

Maybe there's still quite a lot that haven't completed it yet.
    [/quote]

I hope they don’t complete it then it’ll bring the numbers down (jk)

• Advertisement

I got one too.

I hope they don’t complete it then it’ll bring the numbers down (jk)[/quote]

I got one too.

Lol well you're not wrong, might be one of those years maybe

I got one too.

I got one too.

Lol well you're not wrong, might be one of those years maybe

KN1231999 wrote: »

I got one too.

I hope they don’t complete it then it’ll bring the numbers down (jk)

I got one too.

Lol well you're not wrong, might be one of those years maybe[/quote]

We can hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WittyName291

So just tried to do my IST and the system has completely bricked itself.

After selecting my answers on the questions in the first section and pressing next it was taking ages to move me to the next question. Nothing was happening at all... Only got four questions done because of the freezing and then time ran out....

Moved on to the second section and when the page loaded, it did not loaf the answers to allow me to select my answers. After ages of waiting and hoping i reloaded the screen and the same happened and after another reload, nothing but a blank white screen.

Ive emailed recruitment as this is an absolute joke. Have to wait until office hours to hear back now.

Its not the laptop and its not the internet connection as everything else is working perfectly. Took pictures of the screen incase they ask for proof.

Anyone else have any issues or is this just my damn luck??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lothaerna

So just tried to do my IST and the system has completely bricked itself.

After selecting my answers on the questions in the first section and pressing next it was taking ages to move me to the next question. Nothing was happening at all... Only got four questions done because of the freezing and then time ran out....

Moved on to the second section and when the page loaded, it did not loaf the answers to allow me to select my answers. After ages of waiting and hoping i reloaded the screen and the same happened and after another reload, nothing but a blank white screen.

Ive emailed recruitment as this is an absolute joke. Have to wait until office hours to hear back now.

Its not the laptop and its not the internet connection as everything else is working perfectly. Took pictures of the screen incase they ask for proof.

Anyone else have any issues or is this just my damn luck??

Exactly same thing. Total crash which resulted in a timeout. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WittyName291

Its a joke. Especially for it being the first year using it. Has to be resolved and have to allow us a resit as its their fault

I noticed when doing the VRT today that the load times between questions was longer than for the SJT that I did on Friday. I was still able to get the whole thing completed thankfully and I still had 2 and a half minutes left on the timer.

If the IST has proper **** itself and it is across the board they may have to re test all of us...

Also in the email it states that Deloitte will not answer queries during the IST phase

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

I was worried about this happening that's why I did it last week. In case I needed time to contact them. Hope they get it sorted for yous.

Advertisement