Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summons for refusing to pay taxi fare

Options
  • 23-11-2017 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,
    I hailed a MyTaxi to go to work in the morning and halfway through the journey I asked the driver to change course slightly. He then stopped the car and told me to get out. I did so and then he jumped out of the cab and grabbed me by the lapels shouting at me to pay the fare that had accrued. I refused and called the Guards.
    The Guards arrived 45 minutes later and I made a complaint for assault against the driver and I still refused to pay after the Guard asked me to pay.

I recently received a summons to appear to the Criminal Court for being 'in contravention of Article 56 of the Road Traffic (Public Service Vehicles) Regulations, 1963
    Contrary to Section 82 of the Road Traffic Act, 1961 (as mended by Section 7 of the Dublin Transport Authority (Dissolution) Act 1967 provides the offence. Section 102 of the Road Traffic Act, 1961 (as amended by Section 18 of the Road Traffic Act, 2006) provides the penalty.'

Does anyone know a good solicitor who could help me with this?

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,708 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Moderator: Solicitor recommendations are not allowed as per the forum charter.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement