Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Another Day; Another Fork

• 22-11-2017 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

Nov 25th (Saturday).
    BITCOIN DIAMOND
    A Bitcoin hard fork which integrates both Segwit and 8mb blocks. So, the bastard love-child of Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.

More nonsense .............. or more free money. Whichever way you want to look at it. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Nov 25th (Saturday).
    BITCOIN DIAMOND
    A Bitcoin hard fork which integrates both Segwit and 8mb blocks. So, the bastard love-child of Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.

More nonsense .............. or more free money. Whichever way you want to look at it. :)

Free money from the dips anyway. Thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Nermal

Getting sick of having to do a coin move 'just to be on the safe side' in order to claim these things...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Another scam quite likely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Selik wrote: »
    Another scam quite likely
    Yep ! Either that or a quick money grab by the "devs".
    Forking bitcoins seems to be the new ICO. A money-making scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Yep ! Either that or a quick money grab by the "devs".
    Forking bitcoins seems to be the new ICO. A money-making scheme.

Apparently there have been over 900 forks since day one. Amazing really.

• Advertisement

So, the hard fork has occurred, and we now have a new coin.
    Bitcoin Diamond will be distributed at a ratio of ten BTD for each BTC held.
    Yes, TEN. :)

At the moment, BTD futures are trading at $93 per.
    So, each of you that holds a single bitcoin has received an early Christmas present of $930 from Santa. :)

(Don't ask me how you split the BTC in your wallet to BTD .......... I don't know). :o

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

So, the hard fork has occurred, and we now have a new coin.
    Bitcoin Diamond will be distributed at a ratio of ten BTD for each BTC held.
    Yes, TEN. :)

At the moment, BTD futures are trading at $93 per.
    So, each of you that holds a single bitcoin has received an early Christmas present of $930 from Santa. :)

(Don't ask me how you split the BTC in your wallet to BTD .......... I don't know). :o

But no way to access it or trade right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

is it possible to claim B2X coins yet?

Another question - do you think it's best to hold onto BTG coins for the moment?

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    is it possible to claim B2X coins yet?
    Didn't the re-tried Segwit2x fork fail due to bugs in the code?
    Edit, yeah I just looked, the B2X chain is dead.

ZeroThreat wrote: »

Another question - do you think it's best to hold onto BTG coins for the moment?
    Well, I sold my Bitcoin Cash at $300 (Bought back in at $500). :mad:
    Bitcoin Cash ( which I have no love for) is now at $1600.

So, lesson learned. These days I'm inclined to hold on to Bitcoin Gold and the other forks. Rightly or wrongly, I dunno.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

Well, I sold my Bitcoin Cash at $300 (Bought back in at $500). :mad:
    Bitcoin Cash ( which I have no love for) is now at $1600.

So, lesson learned. These days I'm inclined to hold on to Bitcoin Gold and the other forks. Rightly or wrongly, I dunno.

I have never sold any of my free Bitcoin cash but I have traded it and done very well too. Having said that I am a fan of the coin, simply because of the low transaction fees and fast transaction times.
    As for Bitcoin Gold, I will hold this too as its free but I will also buy some to trade but I will wait to see at what price range it settles at.
    The one major plus for bitcoin gold (other than the name) is the fact that it is mined with GPUs.
    Currently I`m in the middle of setting back up my GPU mining rig, if only to support the BTG network for the next month or so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Didn't the re-tried Segwit2x fork fail due to bugs in the code?
    Edit, yeah I just looked, the B2X chain is dead.

yeah, I guess so, for some reason I thought they tried it again after it was initially cancelled, but no one was willing to support it on any exchange/wallet.

Advertisement