Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW2 megabitch thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Co-op zombies needs to be fixed. By quitting on a co-op match - or disconnecting, you lose all your XP and leveling up progress in zombies.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

the relationship between me getting lots of hit markers and then my death!!! :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

The horrendous inconsistency between games,multiple hitmarkers in hardcore and enemy surviving, no hitmarkers at all or gun not firing at all when trigger pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

No Friendly names popping up in Hardcore until its too late and you teamkill someone.

Yeah...... that happens waay too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Gustav Cannon is awful, but USS Texas is up there with the worst I've ever played. Why it fails is the only close quarters you can have are from going up and down a small set of stairs in the central part of the map where all anyone has to do is camp in a corner and wait for you and there's nothing you can do about it. When you're at the top you can camp and spawn kill people from the end of the ship with a long range weapon. The layout is so badly done too. I feel like I've no idea where I'm going or what to do in the map as there are about 5 different doorways to choose from. Why can't it just be straightforward? This is why I was so fed up with the past COD's because it's amazing how they can go from making incredible maps rewarding every gun type to tripe like this. This rewards random encounters, no strategy, and campers.

I'll go into more detail on this game sometime later but even though I love the feel of WW2 a lot of **** hasn't changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Gustav Cannon is awful, but USS Texas is up there with the worst I've ever played. Why it fails is the only close quarters you can have are from going up and down a small set of stairs in the central part of the map where all anyone has to do is camp in a corner and wait for you and there's nothing you can do about it. When you're at the top you can camp and spawn kill people from the end of the ship with a long range weapon. The layout is so badly done too. I feel like I've no idea where I'm going or what to do in the map as there are about 5 different doorways to choose from. Why can't it just be straightforward? This is why I was so fed up with the past COD's because it's amazing how they can go from making incredible maps rewarding every gun type to tripe like this. This rewards random encounters, no strategy, and campers.

I'll go into more detail on this game sometime later but even though I love the feel of WW2 a lot of **** hasn't changed.

Ha USS texas. Ran a sniper and the toggle action and went on a 15 kill streak and I can't snipe to save my life, when you do run and gun every time you die you end up at the very back of the map again every time. I actually don't mind gustav cannon as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

This list is pulled from Reddit

HQ
    HQ empty
    Can't join friends' HQs (credit to u/MichiganMitch1088 )
    Glitching under the HQ upon spawn-in
    1v1 deaths affect KD, kills don't
    They used the same person like 7 times in the HQ. Thrice.
    Getting stuck on a black screen when trying to join a friends headquarters (credit to u/Bagelchu)

Supply Drops
    Pistol Grips
    A bunch of the emotes are the same (credit to u/Tboe013 )
    Heroic Weapons not working in game (credit to u/MattGatlin24 )
    Can't directly access collections from dropped items, which was in MWR (credit to u/IF_I_WERE_ALIVE)
    Not getting earned supply drops (credit to u/WyteTrashBallin )
    Supply drops don't show the name of the division an outfit is for or what the pistol grips look like (credit to u/BlazeRealStorm )
    Digital Items not working (credit to u/Proclapse1682 )
    People not receiving their pre-order bonuses (credit to u/DouglasF-4Phantom )

Maps
    Only 9 maps
    Maps don't flow well
    Maps are mostly bland and many have a one-colour-palette
    Wall penetration makes no sense
    Spawns should actually flip once in a while (credit to u/Metooyou )
    Millions of Headglitches (credit to u/fawse )
    FFA Spawns are horrid (credit to u/CowardAgent )
    Map Sounds make footsteps and gunshots impossible to hear and can't be muted (credit to u/CowardAgent )

Weapon Balance
    Too much goddamn flinch
    Semi-Auto ARs pale in comparison to full auto counterparts
    LMGs are fully outclassed by ARs except in range and even then they kick so much you'll still lose gunfights
    MG15 can only have a 75 round mag WITH Extended Mags
    Shotties are hitmarker machines, especially the double-barreled ones
    The launchers are utterly useless, difficult to shoot down planes (credit to u/****nazimodz )
    Suppressors have more muzzle flash then without it (credit to u/disruptiveness )
    Lack of sidearms/no revolvers (credit to u/CrypticQuery )
    Quickdraw is useless (credit to u/xslayn )
    Grip has an extremely minimal effect on SMGs

Perks and Divisions
    Infantry is clearly the superior division
    The perk system is extremely restrictive
    Launchers are a weapon, not a perk
    Some perks are OP, some perks are trash, the imbalance is ridiculous
    Espionage

Connection
    Servers don't work
    Connection is awful for many players
    Disconnecting from servers after games end, no XP gained
    Hit detection is terrible

Equipment
    Nade Spam
    Friendly nades stun you more effectively than enemy stun grenades
    Gas grenades are useless (credit to u/****nazimodz )
    Flares blind teammates more than enemies (credit to u/****nazimodz )
    Can't see throwing knives when thrown (credit to u/****nazimodz )
    Can't pick up a throwing knife if you get a kill with it

Lobbies and Challenges
    You can't see other people's combat records nor lobby leaderboards (credit to u/5dwolf20 )
    Orders resetting/not working
    Rank resets
    Challenges not working (credit to u/SkylerA)
    Horrible menu (credit to u/****nazimodz )
    Clan tag is barely visible (credit to u/****nazimodz )
    Going into HQ can sometimes reset challenges (grab mail, open drop, etc.) and won't let you redeem challenges/contracts (credit to u/NerdGasem )

Other Game/Gameplay Issues
    Slow Health Regen
    Shellshock
    Enemy Player model glitches
    Friendly footsteps sound like elephants, enemy footsteps sound like mice
    Split Screen is buggy (credit to u/DarkLeviathan8 )
    Getting teamkilled affects KD in HC (credit to u/jaysteve22 )
    Streaks cost too much, aren't even that good, and are uninspired (credit to u/Charismal )
    PC Users crashing on loading screens (credit to u/SquirmyElk2 )
    Dialogue cutting out during campaign (credit to u/Bagelchu )
    Getting stuck on class selection and spectating when a match starts (credit to u/Bagelchu )
    Getting stuck on leaderboards after matches and not seeing after action reports (credit to u/Bagelchu )
    Game at times asks to boot into safe mode, starts on the wrong monitor and in windowed (credit to u/Keelin123 )
    50 points per kill in Dom (#BlameCondrey)
    The audio for kc tags is too low, you can barely tell whether or not you grabbed it (credit to u/Darthblood )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

The green star that says I have new emblems when i dont :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

Headglitching everywhere.

Also fairly sh1t maps. 3 so far that I just leave(gibraltar,aachen and the ship one) leaving 6 to play.

• Advertisement

Somebody compared USS Texas to Hijacked on Twitter :pac:. Not at all lol, Hijacked is miles better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Somebody compared USS Texas to Hijacked on Twitter :pac:. Not at all lol, Hijacked is miles better.

Wasn't Stevie Wonder by any chance?

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Wasn't Stevie Wonder by any chance?

Steviewonder the custom zombies mapper? He has me blocked so no.

Steviewonder the custom zombies mapper? He has me blocked so no.

No Stevie Wonder the famously hard of sight musician.

No Stevie Wonder the famously hard of sight musician.

Why would it be him? :pac:

Why would it be him? :pac:

Anyone who thinks USS Texas is in anyway like Hijacked would have to be blin.........you know what forget it. This has already gone too far :P

Anyone who thinks USS Texas is in anyway like Hijacked would have to be blin.........you know what forget it. This has already gone too far :P

:pac: oh so it was a joke oops. I was like, why would Stevie Wonder give a hoot about Call of Duty? :D

really don't like the perk system tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 18,877 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

****ing game.
    Playing shyte all night. Finally have one ******* decent game and it kicks after the game but before I get the XP

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

really don't like the perk system tbh

Perk system has to be one of the most useless i've seen in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Just got it yesterday...

If I'd have known about this perk system I'd not have bothered. As someone who's been flak jacketing with every class except the LMG one for years it's beyond annoying that that was the class that they assigned that to. Takes away any sense of tailoring your play style and instead you are told how you have to play and what perks to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Why the **** do people play war and not bother with the objective??

K/D isn't recorded in it so why else would you bother playing it instead of TDM/DOM etc

Liam O wrote: »
    Just got it yesterday...

If I'd have known about this perk system I'd not have bothered. As someone who's been flak jacketing with every class except the LMG one for years it's beyond annoying that that was the class that they assigned that to. Takes away any sense of tailoring your play style and instead you are told how you have to play and what perks to use.
    Yeah it sucks donkey balls big time.

x43r0 wrote: »
    Why the **** do people play war and not bother with the objective??

K/D isn't recorded in it so why else would you bother playing it instead of TDM/DOM etc

This by 1000. Been playing mainly war the last week and my win loss is terrible. Especially on the beach map. Nobody trying the get the bunker everyone Sitting at back sniping. Kd not recorded No kill streaks so who cares if you die 100 times once you are trying to win

heroics wrote: »
    This by 1000. Been playing mainly war the last week and my win loss is terrible. Especially on the beach map. Nobody trying the get the bunker everyone Sitting at back sniping. Kd not recorded No kill streaks so who cares if you die 100 times once you are trying to win
    Thats just the usual CoD community behaving like muppets..has always been an issue not playing the objectives. Domination is rife with people looking to up there K/D but not cap flags etc.

Anyways I'm done with CoD for good now sadly...being playing it since CoD2.

Only 9 maps on release of which 6 are playable (imho) and activision can fuk off if they think I'm paying for DLC to get content that should of been in it from the start.

Also the perk system is sh1te.

And finally the amount of head glitching spots is rediculus .

Thats just the usual CoD community behaving like muppets..has always been an issue not playing the objectives. Domination is rife with people looking to up there K/D but not cap flags etc.

Anyways I'm done with CoD for good now sadly...being playing it since CoD2.

Only 9 maps on release of which 6 are playable (imho) and activision can fuk off if they think I'm paying for DLC to get content that should of been in it from the start.

Also the perk system is sh1te.

And finally the amount of head glitching spots is rediculus .

You could argue they are camping for KD or streaks in Dom though. In war the whole point is there is no KD or streaks so not playing obj is pointless.

50 points per kill in Domination works in some ways but that's not an excuse for it to be a thing in WW2.... it should be 100 points per kill as it always was. **** SAKE.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,877 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

the ranking up system is extremely time consuming. Can't see me prestiging at all

everlast75 wrote: »
    the ranking up system is extremely time consuming. Can't see me prestiging at all

I'm only level 5 thanks to my **** internet and the poxy servers so I have not felt the slow ranking up yet :p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

everlast75 wrote: »

I was finding the same until I stopped dicking around in TDM/DOM and switched to War exclusively and playing like an objective maniac. Ranking up about 2 levels every 3 games at the moment

Advertisement