Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Divinity:Original Sin 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Can anybody help me out with building a healer for my band of merry backstabbers??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Can anybody help me out with building a healer for my band of merry backstabbers??

Hydrosophist. There is a merchant with spells in Fort Joy. Necromancy also has a low level healing spell (oddly enough - it's quite cool thematically, though: you suck up all the blood on the ground around you), as does Conjuration (based on the number of allies around you, including summoned entities). I've done just fine without a dedicated healer, however, for a very long time. A couple of fights were tougher than others, but I've finally gotten a bunch of healing spells after lacking them for most of my run so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

finished it late last night with the red prince loshe sebil and beast, that last fight well **** me il just say make sure you have a spare hour or two for it bloody hell :eek: 133 hours play time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Finished original sin 1 in co op tonight finally, very good game but some annoying bits, and the final fight + ending was a bit crappy.

Can't wait to jump into 2. Hopefully there improved on the first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

No shame in going down too explorer :pac:

Anyone know easy explorer is ? does it take away the challenge altogether?

It does. But that is the whole point to explorer mode. It's suited to exploring the world and not being too worried about being stomped in every fight.

The most difficult fight I had was when Dallis attacked Lady Vengeance and that was only because I was hell bent on taking her down and ignored everyone else :) You discover something very interesting about her if you manage it.

30 hours in and have only just arrived at Driftwood.

Explore all of the things!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

The most difficult fight I had was when Dallis attacked Lady Vengeance and that was only because I was hell bent on taking her down and ignored everyone else :) You discover something very interesting about her if you manage it.

I didn't even know that was possible. We got our arses handed to us a few times in that fight (admittedly our summoner had just respecced and hadn't any spells on him at the time but still). Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I do recommend sticking with classic. It is fiendishly difficult at times and I've spent hours on single fights, reloading over and over trying to figure out how to beat them, but when you finally do it feels incredibly rewarding.

A great skill to get on all party members is the one that resurrects them to full health. If you get that and buy as many Res Scrolls off merchants you meet as you can it really helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

yea i have been trying a lone wolf undead run on tactitian well thats a tad hard for my liking :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It does. But that is the whole point to explorer mode. It's suited to exploring the world and not being too worried about being stomped in every fight.

30 hours in and have only just arrived at Driftwood.

Explore all of the things!

Are you playing on classic or explorer?

Lone Stone wrote: »
    133 hours play time

Uhm, I think I getting relatively near the end and I'm only at 50 hrs. I also feel like I'm doing a fairly slow and thorough playthrough (classic difficulty, so there isn't too much reloading). How on Earth did you get this much time into it?

On that topic I'm just finishing up
    Bloodmoon Island
    having done pretty much everything else in Driftwood, how much do I have left?

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote: »
    Uhm, I think I getting relatively near the end and I'm only at 50 hrs. I also feel like I'm doing a fairly slow and thorough playthrough (classic difficulty, so there isn't too much reloading). How on Earth did you get this much time into it?

On that topic I'm just finishing up
    Bloodmoon Island
    having done pretty much everything else in Driftwood, how much do I have left?

Uhhh, you still have 2 more pretty big areas to go :D

Are you playing on classic or explorer?
    It does. But that is the whole point to explorer mode. It's suited to exploring the world and not being too worried about being stomped in every fight

That's the only reason why I managed to take her down. I'm not patting myself on the back or anything. Summon spawns before the fight and then your first toon climbs up the nearest mast and uses teleport on her. She has a knockdown skill so spread your toons out a tad.

98% of fights in Explorer mode are really easy with a few exceptions. I'm not bothered with the combat aspect of the game. Am more interested in all the quests and discovering the variations to completing a quest. Most of my time is spent pressing F8 :confused:

If you manage to take her down in Tactician mode then you are beyond Godlike. In real life and in the game.

--

Has anyone else felt like going on a murderous rampage in Act 3? I feel that with all these groups fighting each other and different agendas etc.. etc.. that it's better if they're all dead...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

[QUOTE=Mason Kind Perfume;104917572 I'm not bothered with the combat aspect of the game. Am more interested in all the quests and discovering the variations to completing a quest.[/QUOTE]

Same here, when I eventually get the game it will be played on explorer.

Has anyone else felt like going on a murderous rampage in Act 3?

That's most rpgs for me. You all seem annoying or bad people so I will apply the philosophy of Marge's uncle Arthur. Seventy five federal marshals couldn't bring me down.

Can I get some input from someone who has finished The Nameless Isle please?

So I've been wandering around, and I have no idea what's going on on the island yet. I came to a bit where there are loads of people fighting and there are tons of
    Shriekers
    (attacking but not killing all of the people to whom I am neutral). My character says something to the effect of
    "We will need to find a purging wand"
    which seemed silly to me, as we could just walk up and deal with them using
    source vampirism
    , which I did. But no one will talk to me because they're all still fighting each other. Ahead I find
    Alexandar
    and
    Gareth
    having a show down, and I can say things like
    "Alexandar is the key to all of this!"
    and he says things like
    "I was mislead, I am sorry"
    . And I'm forced to choose sides or try to convince them to change their mind and I haven't a bloody clue why I would do any of that.

Nothing is making any sense and I have a horrible feeling I wasn't supposed to be able to get past the
    Shriekers
    the way I did, is that the case? Should I reload and explore more before going there? It all feels weird and nonsensical.

Has anyone else felt like going on a murderous rampage in Act 3? I feel that with all these groups fighting each other and different agendas etc.. etc.. that it's better if they're all dead...

Well. I did it. Everyone who tried to manipulate me into doing something for them against another group found themselves dead.

The only change I can see so far is with Malady. A pity since I liked her.

Game really loses the run of things towards the end; too many threads not quite tying up very well. Still good though.

My only major complaints are the endless parade of loot and the crappy level scaling. They just have everyone in the universe, from the mook guards to the bloody shop assistants, level at the same speed as you. It really does suck the fun out of being a world-striding baddass to see an illiterate level 20 peasant selling beans at the side of the road. It's also no fun to sort through a pile of legendary swords and toss 95% of them into a pile for the pawn shop and pick out the one that is marginally superior, and to repeat that process once or twice per level. It's also quite annoying to see basic level 20 armour provide fifty times the protection that the legendary Armour of Braccus Rex, just because the latter showed up earlier in the game.

The exact same thing happened with this that happened for me wth the original. I loved it, played it non-stop, got to the end of the first area and then completely dropped it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

The exact same thing happened with this that happened for me wth the original. I loved it, played it non-stop, got to the end of the first area and then completely dropped it...

Yep. Did the same. TWICE.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Handy Hint: Dont start a fight with a Troll if you haven't quicksaved in the last 90 mins..

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Sorry - what the hell happened to all my gear and cash when I left fort joy?? The party splits up on the boat but when you ask them back. The loot is gone and so is the money.

Where's the money Lebowski????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

ballyargus wrote: »
    Sorry - what the hell happened to all my gear and cash when I left fort joy?? The party splits up on the boat but when you ask them back. The loot is gone and so is the money.

Where's the money Lebowski????

My chars all had their individual gear I left them with. So not sure.

Also....on the 2nd Island...to the very north some crazy witch is flying around.
    I quicksaved just before it....and she 1 shotted my whole lvl13 party.
    But now when the game restarts or loads up....it's at the 'FIGHT' screen ....instead of before the fight was initiated.

I think my previous save to that is a bit back :(

I'm really enjoying the game. But I completely forget half the sidequests.
    Not on purpose though.
    I start one and make some progress...but need some item to do the rest.
    So I go to find the item ..but on the way I open up another 2 quests...and do the same for them....and on and on.
    I can't remember where the original one was or who the people were.

In other games you'd be able to select the mission in your journal and you'd get a waypoint marker. But that's a bit too hand-holdy for me.
    I should be paying closer attention I guess.

Final gripe....refilling on source is a pain.
    I have a teleportation pyramid by a source fountain...but goin back and clickin on it 12 times is annoying.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    My chars all had their individual gear I left them with. So not sure.

Also....on the 2nd Island...to the very north some crazy witch is flying around.
    I quicksaved just before it....and she 1 shotted my whole lvl13 party.
    But now when the game restarts or loads up....it's at the 'FIGHT' screen ....instead of before the fight was initiated.

I think my previous save to that is a bit back :(

I'm really enjoying the game. But I completely forget half the sidequests.
    Not on purpose though.
    I start one and make some progress...but need some item to do the rest.
    So I go to find the item ..but on the way I open up another 2 quests...and do the same for them....and on and on.
    I can't remember where the original one was or who the people were.

In other games you'd be able to select the mission in your journal and you'd get a waypoint marker. But that's a bit too hand-holdy for me.
    I should be paying closer attention I guess.

Final gripe....refilling on source is a pain.
    I have a teleportation pyramid by a source fountain...but goin back and clickin on it 12 times is annoying.

Yeah you do get overwhelmed with quests in Reaper's Coast but I found towards the end, as you continue to explore the areas, that a lot of them will progress simultaneously and close up.

There are some quests that don't close even when you finish them which really annoys me though!

Oh and that witch is horrific, even on level 15 I couldn't take her, so I figured out another way
    teleport her over to Jahan while she's mid conversation with one of your character's and he'll mince her!

EDIT: Also, source becomes much easier to get later on!

SeantheMan wrote: »

In other games you'd be able to select the mission in your journal and you'd get a waypoint marker.

Not having any way point maker would annoy me personally.

Not having any way point maker would annoy me personally.

It's the style of the game. They don't hold your hand. Everything feels much more authentic. When I think of Skyrim style markers/hand holding now it seems so cheap and easy.

It's the style of the game. They don't hold your hand. Everything feels much more authentic. When I think of Skyrim style markers/hand holding now it seems so cheap and easy.

So when you get a new quest you just have too remember where to go?

So when you get a new quest you just have too remember where to go?

You have a journal and a map. People will often put an X on your map. You have to work out where to go before you can remember where to go.

You have a journal and a map. People will often put an X on your map. You have to work out where to go before you can remember where to go.

Ahhh well that I could live with .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Coming to the end of my first single player playthrough (the bear situation was in multiplayer). Single player you read a lot more and get a lot more of a feel for the characters and quests, etc.

Absolutely brilliant game, can't see it being beaten for my GOTY. It's firmly ensconced itself in my top 5 of all time.

I didn't use Beast and Lohse in my playthrough, but really looking forward to almost immediately starting again with a different set of characters and abilities (I've more or less ignored Geomancy, Pyro, Necro and Polymorphism skillsets, not to mention not having a 1H + shield character).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Only got around to starting to play this at the weekend, loving it so far, brings me back to the days of playing the likes of Baldurs Gate, Planescape: Torment and Icewind Dale.

I actually found the first act a bit tough going as I went the ranger route with Sebille and not finding a decent bow till I talked to
    Zaleskar
    , been putting luck points on her as well and now its plain sailing after getting some decent equipment on my party, it has really sucked me in now.

Advertisement