Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NEO (formerly Antshares)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Whelo79 wrote: »
    That would have been a nice quick profit.

I've only got 10 NEO myself. Bought at $30. Trying to decide if I should hold or take the small profit and see if I can buy back on a dip. Although with the news that is rumored to be getting announced on Monday there may be no dip for a while yet.

I should have sold. Could have bought back in today at $10 per coin less than I sold and it will probably go up further again in the next 24hrs with the announcement tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I should have sold. Could have bought back in today at $10 per coin less than I sold and it will probably go up further again in the next 24hrs with the announcement tomorrow.
    I managed to buy some on Friday when ive seen 20% increase, sold saturday at 44 with >100 euro profit. Better than nothing. Bought iota then at 0.77 thinking of selling now and buying neo back. Decisions decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I'm wondering why Neo has dropped so much in the last few hours. It has me suspicious. I had been holding to wait for Monday's news. But maybe there has been a bad news leak already? It's Chinese after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Most likely people saw it atalled around €39 and took their money. Should bounce but if the announvement tomorrow isn't anything of note it could crash it under €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I'm wondering why Neo has dropped so much in the last few hours. It has me suspicious.

Why it has dropped is simple: they're all thinking what you're thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭crushproof

Shoulda woulda coulda. I had my button on the sell button yesterday but held off to wait for Monday. Checked the price this evening, eurgh.

I'm hazarding a guess that word got out that the announcement tomorrow isn't a big deal.

Its back on the rise again now.
    Though still only at 34 euro. I had a mental note in my head that I wouldnt sell it for less than 35 euro, unless tomorrows event brings bad news!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

crushproof wrote: »
    Shoulda woulda coulda. I had my button on the sell button yesterday but held off to wait for Monday. Checked the price this evening, eurgh.

I'm hazarding a guess that word got out that the announcement tomorrow isn't a big deal.

I reckon you're right. The same thing happens around all of these events. A small to medium pump during the rumours phase followed by a heavy dump after the unveiling. I've been caught out by these before and left hodling long after the big boys have sold and moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

got them at 0.40 and i am still holding...I would say that don't even treat this like any other coin out there right now, see it as the 'chinese government's poster boy'. If the piece of **** like eth can be worth what it worth right now, neo will beat the **** out of it for sure. I don't even care what news is neo going to come up with this week, I am (eagerly) waiting for china announced they are coming back into the crypto market.

But it's not the Chinese government's poster boy. It has nothing to do with the Chinese government apart from allusions (wishful thinking) by Da Hongfei. Who knows what the Chinese government are willing to back? It could be Neo but it could equally be an in house as yet unannounced development.

• Advertisement

But it's not the Chinese government's poster boy. It has nothing to do with the Chinese government apart from allusions (wishful thinking) by Da Hongfei. Who knows what the Chinese government are willing to back? It could be Neo but it could equally be an in house as yet unannounced development.

See, the funny thing is, if what i said based on nothing, what you said there is equally (or more) baseless. But I said what i said because of historical finance regulations they have done (not once, but 3 times by now). So ya, do not take what stranger said on internet for investment advice. I am not here to make people get rich :D

What are you talking about? What historical finance regulations?
    All I said is that NEO is not the poster boy of the Chinese government. It is not supported by them and I fail to see how that is a "more baseless" claim than someone claiming the opposite when they have no facts to prove their case?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

While its true that NEO is not the poster boy for the Chinese government, its very well placed to be co-opted by them. One presumes that the team behind NEO are actively negotiating/positioning themselves for that co-opting. The chance that that might happen (and lets face it, its not an insignificant chance) would make NEO a hugely valueable alt coin to Bitcoin. If, for example, a number of key officials were to find private keys in their post... well, they might decide they actually DO want to trade in crypto after all. :)

Is this news out yet?
    I presume the conference was in China, so its getting late there now for a press release? (21:50)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Turns out it was a nothing announcement again, price shocked back into the 20's.

Turns out it was a nothing announcement again, price shocked back into the 20's.

Time to buy more again so!
    I sold most of mine at 26 euro last week. So I'll have to wait for it to drop at least that low again to buy back.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I get the emotional reasoning to want to buy in at least as low as you sold but.... you do realise there is no real logical basis for that right? :)

What are you talking about? What historical finance regulations?
    All I said is that NEO is not the poster boy of the Chinese government. It is not supported by them and I fail to see how that is a "more baseless" claim than someone claiming the opposite when they have no facts to prove their case?

What are you talking about is what i would ask you. Did you miss that quotation marks i used for 'chinese government's poster boy'?

What gets you so worked up here is what i am interested. How do you know that, chinese government would absolutely not supporting or working with or literally would make Neo their official crypto? Because you sound like you are 100% sure of that which is literally the reason why i used 'baseless' on your opinion.

And for the financial regulations, I would suggest that you should read up what happened to china market in the past 20 years. Literally try just google 'finance regulation china' (and i just did and found tonnes of information), is like people hate money or something, this is 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Time to buy more again so!
    I sold most of mine at 26 euro last week. So I'll have to wait for it to drop at least that low again to buy back.

Waiting to buy back as well. Thinking the next support level might be a bit higher than 26 given all the news, but sure what do I know? :)

seraphimvc wrote: »
    What are you talking about is what i would ask you. Did you miss the quotation marks i used for 'chinese government's poster boy'?

What gets you so worked up here is what I am interested. How do you know that, chinese government would absolutely not supporting or working with or literally would make Neo their official crypto? Because you sound like you are 100% sure of that which is literally the reason why i used 'baseless' on your opinion.

And for the financial regulations, I would suggest that you should read up what happened to china market in the past 20 years. Literally try just google 'finance regulation china' (and i just did and found tonnes of information), is like people hate money or something, this is 2017.

I'm not sure what part of my original post sounds 100% sure that NEO will or won't feature in the future?

China is just one of many unknowns in crypto. Folks can believe whatever they please but the weekend pump and dump on NEO looks a lot like what we saw earlier in the summer for ETH with the launch of each ICO and their respective conferences.

• Advertisement

This would be the ETH which is now steadily trading at an all time high and still trending upwards?

Also, NEO was trading at a steady 28 USD for most of last week, then saw a sharp rise to low 40s, then dropped back to mid 30's (currently 36USD). Thats hardly "pump and dump"... looks more like "explosive growth and profit taking" with residual support at the low 30s now.

DeVore wrote: »
    This would be the ETH which is now steadily trading at an all time high and still trending upwards?

Also, NEO was trading at a steady 28 USD for most of last week, then saw a sharp rise to low 40s, then dropped back to mid 30's (currently 36USD). Thats hardly "pump and dump"... looks more like "explosive growth and profit taking" with residual support at the low 30s now.

ETH is still short of its ATH.

True but only by 30 bucks or so and that was after a meteoric, sudden jump (with resultant slump immediately after) whereas this is sustained (sustainable!) organic growth by the looks of it.

DeVore wrote: »
    True but only by 30 bucks or so and that was after a meteoric, sudden jump (with resultant slump immediately after) whereas this is sustained (sustainable!) organic growth by the looks of it.

True enough. I like ETH, it's reliable for day trading.

LOL Sooooo.... now its ATH >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Best place to buy Neo ?

I'm on coinbase and GDAX but would like to look at other ALT Coins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Best place to buy Neo ?

I'm on coinbase and GDAX but would like to look at other ALT Coins

Bittrex.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

I think Binance is possibly better than Bittrex now.
    It gives you gas too if you hold your Neo on the exchange unlike Bittrex.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

which one has the lowest costs?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

Can you explain what gas is?
    What do you mean it gives you gas?

Advertisement