Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Welcome Our New Weather Mod!!

• 10-11-2017 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭

Put your hands together and welcome our new addition to the Weather Mod Team - Gonzo!!

Congrats and welcome Gonzo!! Just in time for Snow Season :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Welcome Gonzo! Hoping for some exciting Winter weather so that you are kept busy in this forum coming up to Christmas :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Welcome Aboard Gonzo ,

Hopefully you bring the white gold with you !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Welcome Gonzo!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

leahyl wrote: »
    Welcome Gonzo! Hoping for some exciting Winter weather so that you are kept busy in this forum coming up to Christmas :D

Ahh... don't try to chase away the new mod :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Gonzo, the mighty snowgod, welcome

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Welcome to the team Gonzo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Congratulations

We will all bask in the liberty and equality of his iron fisted rule.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

thanks for the very warm welcome everyone!

I am really looking forward to helping mod the Weather forum.

Like most people here I am really hoping we all end up being knee deep in snow at some point over this winter season! My camera and tripod will be at the ready to capture hopefully some winter wonderland scenes from home this winter.

My love of snow really began as a very young child during the 1982 snow blizzard, however at the time I really didn't appreciate what a rare event it turned out to be.

I found this clip from the BBC shot in Wales during the 1982 event and it is exactly how I remembered it here, just like in this video we waited a week for a JCB to help clear a path from our area to Dunshaughlin so that people could walk the 2km distance to buy bread and milk.

For those of you who weren't around for the 1982 blizzard, this video really shows what it was like, the snow in our area was every bit as deep, if not deeper than what is shown in this video with cars buried under the snow drifts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2cxHY7LklA

Looking forward to all the hi's and low's over the next 3/4 months of Winter, hopefully we will all get our wish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Welcome gonzo hopefully you preside over another snow free winter😊

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Welcome and best of luck, you'll need it when silly season starts! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Welcome Gonzo let the fun begin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

You've joined a grand Weather team. Congrats Gonzo!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Congrats + witka.gif

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

A new mod is like a new telescope. It's going to be cloudy for the next 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Ooh nice one Gonzo always enjoy your imput!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

I like this Gonzo guy. Good choice.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Nice one Gonzo.

You might regret it after 'Cold Spell1' :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Welcome Gonzo! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Very best wishes Gonzo!

Advertisement