Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New development Somerton ,NewCastle Road,Lucan

• 10-10-2017 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi,

Wanted to start this thread to exchange information regarding Somerton Development in NewCastle Road ,Lucan.

Has anyone been issued with the contracts yet for the bookings made on the viewing held on last month Sep 16th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Billkil86

Was onto the estate agent last week, and was told that they would start issuing the contracts this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 shaila

Thank you @Billkil86 .Hoping they will be issued this week.The last time i called the agent i was told that they were waiting for the builders solicitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Are there showhouses for these yet or are people buying off plans?

Bought off the plans, show houses won't be ready until the start of next year

There are no show houses yet for this development.We were informed by the agents that the show houses will be available early next year.

Houses were booked off the plans

• Advertisement

@shaila Hopefully they will be issued this week, I'll let you know when I get it, or more then likely when I don't get it

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MasterChief32

Does anyone have any information on the proposed traveller accomodation that is supposed to be located within the Somerton estate? (According to the SDZ). Is this actually going to be going ahead?

@MasterChief32 : Saw the traveller housing mark in the old SDZ plan
    but there are no apartment blocks in the planning permission layout.

If you google search "south dublin county council document 5814223" the first result is the planning application report.

On page 26 of this document you can see that the council have agreed to move this to another area.

Sorry it won't let me post links or attachments.

Yeah i seen that there the other day. 
    That' good to know anyway.

Cheers

• Advertisement

@Billkil86 : Thank you,that was a good piece of information.Followed up with Martina today and she mentioned contracts will be issued shortly ,not sure how shortly though :)

Are you on the Somerton Avenue or Somerton Green

@shaila: I'm on Somerton Avenue, what about yourself?

@Billkil86 : I'm on Somerton Green.In the document that you mentioned http://www.sdublincoco.ie/viewdocument.aspx?fileid=5814223 under Section 11 Page 27 it states that there are 26 Social housing Units planned ,any idea on which part will they be in?

And on the Management fees found the below info from another thread ,is this going to be the same for Somerton as well ?

Savills has been appointed to act on behalf of the Management Company for St Helens Adamstown,
    Co Dublin. As agents, we will be looking after the maintenance of the external common areas on
    behalf of each home owner in the development. Our role will include the provision of a number of
    services, including;
    • Public liability insurance
    • Landscaping
    • Refuse collection
    • Street lighting
    • Drainage
    • Health and Safety
    We have drafted a budget to give prospective purchasers an indication of the service charges that
    they will be responsible for each year. The average charge as per the estimated budget is as follows;

Size | Estimated Ave Charge P/A
    110m2 | €575
    119m2 | €605
    139m2 | €670
    139m2 | €670
    132m2 | €650

@shaila: As far as I can tell from what I have seen online, these social houses are all being grouped together in the northwest of the development, with its own entrance off Adamstown Drive.

The Management Fees for Somerton according to what was handed out in the sales office are:

House Type - Cost
    Blackthorn - €540
    Holly - €620
    Ash - €540
    Maple - €610
    Oak - €740
    Sycamore - €650
    Rowan - €570

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

Does anyone have the price list?

@izzyflusky : Below is the price list for the first Phase Launch

House Type Beds Style Sq ft From Prices From
    Blackthorn 3 Mid / End Terrace 1249 €320,000
    Ash 3 Semi / Detached 1270 €345,000
    Rowan 4 Mid Terrace 1356 €375,000
    Holly 4 End Terrace 1539 €415,000
    Maple 4 Detached 1518 €450,000
    Sycamore 4 Detached 1679 €470,000
    Oak 5 Detached 2024 €575,000

Just on the Contracts rang Martina from Leahy Homes today and she mentioned Contracts will be going out from tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jigg79

Any update on contracts? Did anyone receive any yet? Cheers.

Not yet

I was just told that contracts were issued on Friday!!

Update: Solicitor has confirmed that they received the contract today.

• Advertisement

Got my contract as well yesterday. Waiting for solicitor appointment to review. Heard from my solicitor that there is no house plan in the contract. Was expecting the house plan and measurements in the contract.

@Billkil86 Did you get chance to review the contract with your solicitor?

@shaila: Haven't had the chance yet, ill be hoping to early next week. Have you gotten any other feedback from your solicitor?

@BillKil86 : Which House Type did you book.
    @MasterChief32,Jigg79 : Did you book in the first phase,would you mind telling which road and house type.

Came to know that whoever booked in Somerton Grove will be receiving contracts after 1 or 2 weeks .

@shaila: I booked an Ash! Have you met with your solicitor and signed your contract yet?

Went to my solicitor to go through the Contract, the contract is very high-level and has no detail of any particulars of the house. There is a house plan printout (which is not part of the contract) provided for reference which again is not detailed and is just for reference purpose.

The house plan provided is very generic and is not according to the direction of the house that we booked. We also noticed that the house plan printout had 2 windows missing from the approved plan.

We requested our solicitor to get the exact house plan as the house plans for the ASH type are not as per the approved plan from the planning commission. The HWC is in the living room in the current plan which is very disappointing. Have attached the screenshots of Approved plan and the plan which came along with the contract for reference.
    House_Plan_Planning_Permission_Approved.JPG

House_plan_Current.jpg

If anyone who booked ASH type is having the same concern we can raise this issue together and get clarifications on why is the HWC in the living room in the current plan.

There is no info on brands of Kitchen Appliances, Washing Machine, Dryer, Radiator & Water heater in the contract. If anyone has enquired about these details or already know it please update the forum.

Billkil86 wrote: »
    @shaila: I booked an Ash! Have you met with your solicitor and signed your contract yet?

Not signed yet.We had a couple of questions to be answered.

shaila wrote: »
    If anyone who booked ASH type is having the same concern we can raise this issue together and get clarifications on why is the HWC in the living room in the current plan.

I am meeting with my solicitor on Thursday and will be sure to raise the same queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nelsona

Thanks All, really helpful information here. I am hoping to go with an ash in the next phase to release and have same concern with the boiler in the living room can't understand why would do that. Just wondering do u know what the size and height of attic is as we would like to put extra storage/ Landry room up there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jigg79

Hi @shaila,
    Did you get one of the brochures for Somerton when booking? In that, the HWC is at the back of the living room, were you not aware? I do find it a bit strange myself why it is there. It seems to be a little extra room but not fully separated from the living room. See what they say anyway.

I met with my solicitor and went through the contracts and again no measurements were given but I was told this is standard so they can't be held accountable if the measurements are slightly off. Only if the square footage of the floor size is drastically off are they in breach of contract. (They give you 1200 sq ft when they state 1270 sq ft for example)

I passed by recently and it looks like a couple are finished on the outside. Did anyone hear of dates for the showhouses to be ready?

Cheers.

• Advertisement

@Jigg79: We decided to book a house after checking the Plans on the Planning Permission site.On the day of booking we were totally disappointed to see the HWC in the living room and tried asking the sales guys but no one had the answer ,they said its the builders decision,after all the long wait we thought we would just go ahead and book one.

The reason i put up this question to the solicitor was to get an answer from the builder for the reason to change .Only the ASH type is changed from the original plan ,the rest are the same.Am worried about the noise in the living area because of the HWC. It will be very disturbing for sure.

Advertisement