Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Rules Test One 2017

• 12-11-2017 5:07am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Am I the only up watching this? daft time for it to throw in, obviously not thinking about the Irish audience, Niall Murphy and Enda Smith are out, so the contribution from the west is greatly reduced.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭corny

I'm alive. Come on Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭corny

We're chasing shadows a bit. Aussies look sharp.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Great catch by the Aussie, the kick wasn't so great :o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Well worked goal.

Our ability to create goals might be the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Think Ireland are tiring a little, hard to see them maintian momentum for the next half.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Irish doing in alright so far in the 34c heat. Murphy,McManus,Barrett best for the Irish, the Aussies have a lot of pace to their side and look to be better team

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

This is very enjoyable. It's much more positive than senior inter-county actually.

Aussies well on top now, they'd be well ahead if they were better at shooting, we'll need a few goals to still have a chance the next day.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭padohaodha

I actually like the idea of this game but the crowd looks small....any idea how many at it??25 ,000?...ozzies pulling away.

The Mayo lads have been in wars today!

If we can finish within 10 points, it wouldn't be the worst scenario going into next week.

Basic skills of the game getting shown up on a few Irish players now. Fine goal by the Aussies and they could have scored a few more goals but Geaney missed a good goal chance for Ireland also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭Panrich

I haven’t seen Hanley at all that quarter. He was one of those affected by the bug. We need everyone in this quarter

Panrich wrote: »
    I haven’t seen Hanley at all that quarter. He was one of those affected by the bug. We need everyone in this quarter

And just been confirmed he’s out with his hand

Great score McManus

Unbelievable score from McManus. Incredible talent.

• Advertisement

That fella Fyfe is a serious player

Should have been a goal there :(

Should have given that to Murphy.

Deserved win for the Aussies the Irish did well to keep the margin to 10 points with the 2nd test to come.

Strange decision for one of our only players who doesn't play with a round ball regularly to kick our 45.

elefant wrote: »
    Strange decision for one of our only players who doesn't play with a round ball regularly to kick our 45.

Murphy McManus or even Morgan should have been ahead of him for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Watching this . Murphy and McManus . The big criticism I have especially of macmanus was that on a few occasions he went for the big 3 pointer when a goal was on . Our 6 point execution was poor . In the next test I would stagger having both men on st the same time to allow for more play .

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

Why aren't there any dubs playing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Basic skills of the game getting shown up on a few Irish players now. Fine goal by the Aussies and they could have scored a few more goals but Geaney missed a good goal chance for Ireland also.

That was my thought too. Only got watching second half as was up early. Some of the kicking and ball handling by the Irish players was atrocious. Really don't know why anyone gets excited over this thing. Dublin and Tyrone have the right attitude to it I think!

Advertisement