Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

January Intake

Options
  • 10-11-2017 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

For everyone starting in the new year!

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

Congratulations! Did you get the call or were you on the November reserve list?

Either way, well done!  A nice Christmas present!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ColourArcade

Congratulations! Did you get the call or were you on the November reserve list?

Either way, well done!  A nice Christmas present!
    Thanks RedPool! I just got the call. Wasn't on the reserve list and definitely wasn't expecting it to come today. What a great way to start the weekend! Hopefully there will be as many boardies on this intake as there was on the last intake!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

See you there Arcade :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kalel90

Just got the call myself!! Good way to start the new year. Now to get the notices into work!

Congrats everyone!

Drummer64 wrote: »
    See you there Arcade :D
    Well this is a surprise! :D Congrats buddy!! I'll make sure to high five when I see you haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭letsdoit2013

Congrats everyone see you's all in GV I'm close to starting in the November intake and can't wait. It really is surreal when that call comes through isn't it?
    Will probably meet some of you at your inductions as when we had ours the October intake came and had a yarn with us!

Congrats everyone see you's all in GV I'm close to starting in the November intake and can't wait.  It really is surreal when that call comes through isn't it?  
    Will probably meet some of you at your inductions as when we had ours the October intake came and had a yarn with us!
    That's great Letsdoit! I'm looking forward to putting the faces to the names. I still can't believe it and i'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say it will be an exciting and roller-coaster couple of weeks ahead haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 PCMAC

Absolutely buzzing - anyone else get the adrenaline pumping when you got the call? I was shaking I was so excited, even better because I didn't expect it today at all. Looking forward to meeting you all at induction! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 TERRYFOLDS

I'm coming too, see you all there and congratulations everyone :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Muffins5520

I'm very happy to be joining you all :)

And looking forward to putting on my uniform! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 rayfinkle

See all you guys there too :D

Does anyone know if a timetable for gv will come out in the packs or when we find out what the schedule will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

TERRYFOLDS wrote: »
    Does anyone know if a timetable for gv will come out in the packs or when we find out what the schedule will be?

You don't get it in the pack you find out pretty much everything at induction.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pumba91

I’m also in for Jan guys!

Welcome to the crew! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

Is there anyone on this thread in a reserve list for February by any chance?  Does anyone have a score lower than 59.25?  Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Congratulations folks. Up until now you have all be in competition with each other for a hard earned space at GV. You're now all on the same team, so look out for each other. Get the heads down and i may see some of you on the ground in 6 months time!

majgreen wrote: »
    Congratulations folks. Up until now you have all be in competition with each other for a hard earned space at GV. You're now all on the same team, so look out for each other. Get the heads down and i may see some of you on the ground in 6 months time!
    Thanks for all your help Maj. As i've said before, you've been an amazing source of knowledge for all of us! I think it's safe to say that a few of us owe you a beer :D

What's everyone been doing fitness-wise in preparation for GV?

Wishing i was doing more lol just trying to get back into it. Any signed of welcome pack?

• Advertisement

Lol me too although I've focused more on cardio lately and starting to think I should've started a bit of strength training earlier. Just doing the usual press ups, squats etc at the minute. Hoping not to be seen as 'weak' when the GV training starts! I haven't received mine yet but hoping it'll be there when I get home tonight/tomorrow at latest!

To be honest, i'm trying to get into the swing of things again also. Some cardio and strength training. Just trying to increase my sprint time and lift weights until defeat. I know it'll come in handy when we get into GV.

I've received nothing yet either, hopefully should be by the end of the week when we get the post!

I thought packs usually came out quite quick, I think some got theirs the next day in the last set of calls, hopefully tomorrow then. As for training I've been slacking too, 2 light runs a week and 4 days of weights not having pushed too hard with either. Going to ease my way up to doing another set of sprint training and some tabata training as well. Had a full week without training there and fitness has definitely suffered from that but time enough to get fitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

Plenty of time. Just remember not too many turkey dinners over Christmas lol

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Could someone in this thread who got th3 call give us a PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Could someone in this thread who got th3 call give us a PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 r896neo

Hey, really unexpected but I just got the call for a January start! Been lurking awhile but made my first post up a couple of days ago. The board is clearly a good luck charm.

So delighted!!

Congrats :) see you soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭jordansp21

Glad to be in here lol! Congrats everyone already happy to say see use there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Gk123

Same here, in for January :D

Advertisement