Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Creating a Business account for Bitcoin

Options
  • 03-11-2017 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

I'm looking into creating an account for the business I work for. The idea being that we can accept Bitcoin for any purchase less than 1k or so. Does anybody have advice on setting this up?

We'd probably want to be xfering it onto the exchange and into an account fairly sharpish, but I've not proposed it to the business yet. I know Subway just have a QR code and people send it to that, but does that go straight into their wallet?

Is there a business wallet available?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

Anyone, Anyone, Buller, Buller, Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Anyone, Anyone, Buller, Buller, Anyone?

This is a bit of a general question. I would suggest maybe two bitcoin addresses. One for the site and one on an exchange account. The exchange account would only to be used to transact to Euro. As such it should support SEPA transfers. Kraken is one but there are others.

For the site account, pick a good secure wallet and control access like you would with a bank account. e.g. only allow access to the same people who can transfer bank funds. A hardware wallet is very secure but may be a bit restrictive if you want easy access. Back up the wallet app and key like you would with your finance system. Same goes for the password to access the exchange account. Use two factor authentication on both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Use Bitpay ? https://bitpay.com/

So I saw that Subway has a QR cods and you just sent to that, much like a paper wallet I guess, that's kind of what I was thinking.
    We have a place that the public some in, so they'd need to have the ability to just snap a QR code quickly and send, also would
    consider looking at it for online transactions but that's obviously slightly more difficult.

Can you get wallets that are linked to QR codes that don't change every time they want to accept a new transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

So I saw that Subway has a QR cods and you just sent to that, much like a paper wallet I guess, that's kind of what I was thinking.
    We have a place that the public some in, so they'd need to have the ability to just snap a QR code quickly and send, also would
    consider looking at it for online transactions but that's obviously slightly more difficult.

Can you get wallets that are linked to QR codes that don't change every time they want to accept a new transaction.

The receiving address does not change. Pretty much every decent wallet can generate a QR code for your BTC address. Copy and paste the QR code image to your site.

• Advertisement

Use Bitpay ? https://bitpay.com/

This looks great, thanks.

Advertisement