Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Time

• 08-11-2017 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/good_time/
    I just watched this and thought it was really really good. It has a lot of hype behind it and lived up to it for me. Robert Pattinson is great in it.

Comments

He plays white trash scumbag to a tee. decent film. (possibly due to the story) appeared a bit low budget. pure chaos but you go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭buried

Yeah I really enjoyed this. Parts of this I was really, really rolling around the floor laughing, not sure if that was the directors intention, but that's how I ate it myself. Night time New York looks class in it and I loved the soundtrack by Oneohtrix Point Never, got that this week so looking forward to giving that a spin and try to remember all the total craziness this weekend

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

buried wrote: »
    Yeah I really enjoyed this. Parts of this I was really, really rolling around the floor laughing, not sure if that was the directors intention, but that's how I ate it myself. Night time New York looks class in it and I loved the soundtrack by Oneohtrix Point Never, got that this week so looking forward to giving that a spin and try to remember all the total craziness this weekend
    Yeah I found it very funny too at times. I'm sure it was intentional!

cliggg wrote: »
    Yeah I found it very funny too at times. I'm sure it was intentional!

Yeah,
    yer man taken by mistake and his story done in flashback, "I'm f**kin celebratin man!!" I was nearly pissing my pants, where I was watching it not many were laughing at all and I think they were a bit shocked at me laughing so much! It was really Good Time!
    I really loved the soundtrack though, went brilliantly with all the colours and action. What did you think of the soundtrack? There's not many films I'd be buying 2 different versions of soundtrack but I'm going to get this one too, looks interesting!

https://bleep.com/release/91546-oneohtrix-point-never-good-time-raw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

buried wrote: »
    Yeah,
    yer man taken by mistake and his story done in flashback, "I'm f**kin celebratin man!!" I was nearly pissing my pants, where I was watching it not many were laughing at all and I think they were a bit shocked at me laughing so much! It was really Good Time!
    I really loved the soundtrack though, went brilliantly with all the colours and action. What did you think of the soundtrack? There's not many films I'd be buying 2 different versions of soundtrack but I'm going to get this one too, looks interesting!

https://bleep.com/release/91546-oneohtrix-point-never-good-time-raw
    The soundtrack was great, it really fit the movie. I do like Oneohtrix Point Never so it was a pleasant surprise when I saw his name in the opening credits. I also thought the bit when
    they drugged the security guard was really funny even though it shouldn't have been. It was his madman raving not able to use words that was so funny about it to me

• Advertisement

This is currently up on Irish Netflix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

One of my top 5 films of the last 2 years, great script, great acting, great soundtrack, and actually kept you on edge the whole time. The dude who plays the fat drug dealer guy I actually met at a party years ago (he's an underground rapper)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,458 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Late to this but just caught it on Netflix, thought it was unbelievably good. The whole movie just feels so desperate, Robert Pattinson is obviously great but ever other performance is also brilliant. In a weird way the movie also sort of reminded me of Adam and Paul :p

Soundtrack is one of the best I've heard in years, a lot like the soundtrack to It Follows.

Advertisement