Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NEO (formerly Antshares)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Used the upturn to dispose of my small amount of ARK at a (small) profit.

Ethereum Classic went up a few days ago as well so I was finally able to get rid of the small amount I held (albeit with a tiny profit) as well.

Just wanted to get rid of small amounts of several coins I bought for no particular reason when I started with this crypto malarky.
    Less distractions if you're holding larger quantities of just a few.

Now I just have my big 4 - BTC/ETH/LTC/NEO with smaller amounts of OMG/XRP/CVC (will it ever go up?)/VTC/SUB

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Used to upturn to dispose of my small amount of ARK at a (small) profit.

Ethereum Classic went up a few days ago as well so I was finally able to get rid of the small amount I held (albeit with a tiny profit) as well.

Just wanted to get rid of small amounts of several coins I bought for no particular reason when I started with this crypto malarky.
    Less distractions if you're holding larger quantities of just a few.

Now I just have my big 4 - BTC/ETH/LTC/NEO with smaller amounts of OMG/XRP/CVC (will it ever go up?)/VTC/SUB

Very similar portfolio to mine. I had CVC and XRP but sold a few weeks ago as I lost patience in both. Better trades out there.

Holding my Ark. I like the project and that it produces passive income.

SkySter wrote: »
    Very similar portfolio to mine. I had CVC and XRP but sold a few weeks ago as I lost patience in both. Better trades out there.

Holding my Ark. I like the project and that it produces passive income.

Ark generates some sort of 'gas' like Neo?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Ark generates some sort of 'gas' like Neo?

Not automatically. You must vote for a delegate using an Ark transaction. Delegates are similar to mining pools.

Top 50 Delegates generate Ark and share proceeds with those who have voted for them.

See https://blog.ark.io/ark-frequently-asked-questions-faq-bcb90a0537cc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

DeVore wrote: »
    Its interesting to see where the money flowed back to ... those are the coins that there is some belief in ...

On that basis ARK and LISK must have a good future ahead. They are both up 50% over the last 2-3 days.

Neo & Walton look good too but are up less over the few days at about 25-30%.

Waves seems like another possible bet if it pulls back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I sold my ETH. I'll buy back 10 if it drops down around 250 again. Held my NEO as there is more potential for that to hit 100 rather than ETH to hit 1k.

I sold my ETH. I'll buy back 10 if it drops down around 250 again. Held my NEO as there is more potential for that to hit 100 rather than ETH to hit 1k.

meh, I'd be over the moon if it reached half that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭crushproof

Bit of jump today with some news apparently coming out in 3 days time. See what happens come Monday!

crushproof wrote: »
    Bit of jump today with some news apparently coming out in 3 days time. See what happens come Monday!

Typical, I cashed out my Lisk just below it's rise last Friday for Xmas gifts. And literally today I cashed 3/4 of my Neo for a more things. Then It rises!
    I'll let ye all know when I'm cashing out my Ark. It will rise straight after I'm sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

What exchange are you guys trading Neo on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

What exchange are you guys trading Neo on?

Bittrex.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Typical, I cashed out my Lisk just below it's rise last Friday for Xmas gifts. And literally today I cashed 3/4 of my Neo for a more things. Then It rises!
    I'll let ye all know when I'm cashing out my Ark. It will rise straight after I'm sure!

Sickened :(

I'm using binance.com

I was waiting for any rise before I sold my Neo. So when it rose 10% quickly today I sold it. I was planning to buy it back after Xmas. Not sure I'll be able to afford much after Monday's conference.
    Lisk is nearly back down to my original selling price though. So Neo might only do a spike too.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭hgfj

Anyone here tried betting on the price of bitcoin or ether rather then actually buying them? I use a spread betting service to bet on the price. Its actually cheaper than buying. Cost of btc today 7650 approx but i can bet a dollar a point with margin of just 1600 euro. Meaning I make a dollar for every dollar it goes up (and obviously lose a dollar for every dollar it drops.) 2 advantages - Cheaper than buying outright, and tax free because it's gambling!

hgfj wrote: »
    Anyone here tried betting on the price of bitcoin or ether rather then actually buying them? I use a spread betting service to bet on the price. Its actually cheaper than buying. Cost of btc today 7650 approx but i can bet a dollar a point with margin of just 1600 euro. Meaning I make a dollar for every dollar it goes up (and obviously lose a dollar for every dollar it drops.) 2 advantages - Cheaper than buying outright, and tax free because it's gambling!

Woah hold on where can you do this ?
    Any links ? And I'll check it out for myself

I use IG Index. They only do bitcoin, bitcoin cash and ether.

https://www.ig.com

hgfj wrote: »
    I use IG Index. They only do bitcoin, bitcoin cash and ether.

https://www.ig.com

Cheers

No problem, just be aware of the spread. At the moment 25 points on btc and 3 points on ether.

Don't spread bet, it is a surefire way to making serious losses.

If you invest you can only lose what you invested. In spread betting you can lose multiples of what you bet, and with the constant random drops in the markets it can happen very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

Was looking at neo on Thursday and thinking 28USD is a damn good price, was going to put 2k into it got distracted and never did. Raging now! :mad::o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

That would have been a nice quick profit.

I've only got 10 NEO myself. Bought at $30. Trying to decide if I should hold or take the small profit and see if I can buy back on a dip. Although with the news that is rumored to be getting announced on Monday there may be no dip for a while yet.

Up nearly 50% from last night. Getting close to the ATH again. Tempting to sell but I can't give up my dream of living on the moon this time next year.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Happy DeV is happy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭crushproof

Have we reached ATH? Very satisfied to see this. Let's see how it holds up come Monday. I'm debating whether and dump a portion of my holdings after todays pump.

Neo Gas is up a similar %. Hovering just under €25. I remember when i got my first Gas token it was worth 45 cent. Not bad for free money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Sold some Neo at 40€ wasn't prepared to see it drop again like last time considering i bought it at a under 4€

Have a feeling we'll see it go to 100€ early next year though

Neo Gas is up a similar %. Hovering just under €25. I remember when i got my first Gas token it was worth 45 cent. Not bad for free money.

If you're holding neo, is it best to just hold the gas rather than sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Stole from reddit

Neo's worth now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

DeVore wrote: »
    Happy DeV is happy! :)

So you sold your Neo? Not a profit or loss till you sell it. :P

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement