Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NEO (formerly Antshares)

Options
  • 03-10-2017 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought some NEO yet?

I got in at a great time and made a nice profit before price shot up earlier this year.

What has been your experience so far?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I only got in when it was about $25, still up on my investment right now though, and possible decent gains ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Interesting news, so Neo has in total 100 million tokens. 50 million were sold to investors like us during the ICO and are traded on exchanges.

In 13 days the second 50 million tokens unlock.

We are likely to see a bit in the crypto press about this and it might scare the price down. Just in case anyone was looking to cash out, it's worth monitoring.

But keep in mind that these 50 are not going to flood the exchange. They will be distributed to the Neo council and developers to keep them motivated. These are people heavily involved in making it a success.

I'm going to hold on, especially since it looks like Neo will navigate the China ban and could get another jump once it gets clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Interesting news, so Neo has in total 100 million tokens. 50 million were sold to investors like us during the ICO and are traded on exchanges.

We are likely to see a bit in the crypto press about this and it might scare the price down. Just in case anyone was looking to cash out, it's worth monitoring.

But keep in mind that these 50 are not going to flood the exchange. They will be distributed to the Neo council and developers to keep them motivated. These are people heavily involved in making it a success.

I'm going to hold on, especially since it looks like Neo will navigate the China ban and could get another jump once it gets clear.

Never got in, missed the ship. I would be tempted to cash out now though - how many are in the neo council? The developers are going to be rich!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

I think long term outlook is very good. It's got good code and strong team behind the system with lots of use cases. Add in the fact the Chinese love their own brands over non Chinese brands I think in a few years it'll be worth a lot more than now.

I bought at 6. It's one of the best investments I ever made. The only regret is not buying more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Got 304 NEO at $7 sold all 304 at $40 during the decline

Rebought 50 at $22
    Rebought 75 at $30
    Sold those at $37

Made a tidy sum on NEO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

wally1990 wrote: »
    Got 304 NEO at $7 sold all 304 at $40 during the decline

Rebought 50 at $22
    Rebought 75 at $30
    Sold those at $37

Made a tidy sum on NEO

Do you see any potenial big movers in other cryptocurrencies in the coming weeks/months?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Do you see any potenial big movers in other cryptocurrencies in the coming weeks/months?

For altcoins

Walton
    Waves
    Ripple
    Lisk

In terms of big I can't say but I do recommend holding these in the long term for their projects

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Anyone approved for the Red Pulse RPX Ico starting next Sunday?

First NEO based token sale. I got an email saying I was approved on the KYC list. May buy some but not yet sure if I'm going to hold or flip.

Vertcoin seems to be doing well right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭beaner92

SkySter wrote: »
    Anyone approved for the Red Pulse RPX Ico starting next Sunday?

First NEO based token sale. I got an email saying I was approved on the KYC list. May buy some but not yet sure if I'm going to hold or flip.

Approved. but I am waiting to buy neo till tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

How would anyone go about buying into this after the sale starts tomorrow having missed the sign up deadline?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    How would anyone go about buying into this after the sale starts tomorrow having missed the sign up deadline?

They will be available on exchanges according to the roadmap. I'd hope fairly soon after the crowdsale ends.

I got some Red Pulse, but the ICO turned out to be a complete ****show for some people. There were two phases. Phase 1 (which I was successfull in) had a hard cap of $1000 per investor. Phase 2 which was a much higher limit was to kick in exactly an hour later. The problem is phase 2 started 2 minutes late and the delay was annouced to a limited number of people on their slack group which was closed weeks ago. Anyone who sent in NEO in the first two minutes of the original phase 2 time were considered unsucessfull. Red Pulse are now also saying NEO refunds could take weeks for unsucessfull subscribers. If you think of the thousands of NEO involved here plus the GAS it generates this is a huge sum they're holding that has to be refunded. Not to mind the drop in NEO price which is already underway. My investment was relatively small but some people have been badly burned here. This looks like bad news for RPX..

I got some Red Pulse, but the ICO turned out to be a complete ****show for some people. There were two phases. Phase 1 (which I was successfull in) had a hard cap of $1000 per investor. Phase 2 which was a much higher limit was to kick in exactly an hour later. The problem is phase 2 started 2 minutes late and the delay was annouced to a limited number of people on their slack group which was closed weeks ago. Anyone who sent in NEO in the first two minutes of the original phase 2 time were considered unsucessfull. Red Pulse are now also saying NEO refunds could take weeks for unsucessfull subscribers. If you think of the thousands of NEO involved here plus the GAS it generates this is a huge sum they're holding that has to be refunded. Not to mind the drop in NEO price which is already underway. My investment was relatively small but some people have been badly burned here. This looks like bad news for RPX..

was wondering what it was that halted the rise of my favourite chinese crypto...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Hi Guys,

What would you recommend as the best wallet for storing NEO?

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

What would you recommend as the best wallet for storing NEO?

I use neo-gui. can be a bit laggy but no major issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Cheers. I'm considering that or Neon. Does anyone have any experience with Neon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭crushproof

Whelo79 wrote: »

Cheers. I'm considering that or Neon. Does anyone have any experience with Neon?
    I use Neon, very straight forward wallet and a handy desktop app. Just waiting for the dam price to go up, I sold quite a bit of Bitcoin to get into NEO. So sickening seeing the rise of Bitcoin in recent weeks.

crushproof wrote: »
    I use Neon, very straight forward wallet and a handy desktop app. Just waiting for the dam price to go up, I sold quite a bit of Bitcoin to get into NEO. So sickening seeing the rise of Bitcoin in recent weeks.

I'm banking on money moving back into Alts after the fork and NEO regaining ATH before the end of the year. I have been adding to my position over the last few weeks. Price is good now if you share that view.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Not directly NEO news but red pulse is going to be listed on Kucoin exchange next Saturday as the first listing on any exchange for those that are interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭crushproof

crushproof wrote: »

I'm banking on money moving back into Alts after the fork and NEO regaining ATH before the end of the year. I have been adding to my position over the last few weeks. Price is good now if you share that view.
    I agree that the price should move towards the end of the year. If I had the cash I would pump in more at the price it is right now. As always with crypto, hold hold hold.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Not directly NEO news but red pulse is going to be listed on Kucoin exchange next Saturday as the first listing on any exchange for those that are interested

As someone who got a few RPX I'm a bit disappointed. Never heard of kucoin before this announcement. I was hoping it would go on binnance first. This plus the debacle at launch has dented my confidence in red pulse. I hope I'm wrong.

For anyone with a Ledger Nano S and holding some NEO, the new NEON release now supports the Nano S. GAS claims work fine with it as well.

https://github.com/CityOfZion/neon-wallet/releases

Transferred a test amount of NEO and GAS this afternoon. All good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Binance gives you Gas on a monthly basis, I highly recommend Binance, basically a faster and cheaper exchange than Bitrexx (i only use Bitrexx when i need to nowadays).

I am very bullish on Neo (got a bunch of them at 0.40, go figure:D), cashed out half during ATH and use that profit to buy more when it came down so i essentially didn't cash out any of my Neo yet.
    Straight to the Mars when China opened their gate again.

seraphimvc wrote: »
    Binance gives you Gas on a monthly basis, I highly recommend Binance, basically a faster and cheaper exchange than Bitrexx (i only use Bitrexx when i need to nowadays).

I am very bullish on Neo (got a bunch of them at 0.40, go figure:D), cashed out half during ATH and use that profit to buy more when it came down so i essentially didn't cash out any of my Neo yet.
    Straight to the Mars when China opened their gate again.

Why keep your NEO on an exchange though, when you can keep it in a wallet such as Neon and still claim your gas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Why keep your NEO on an exchange though, when you can keep it in a wallet such as Neon and still claim your gas?

back then they have tonnes of issues with their wallet so i didn't bother with that and the only issue i would have with storing them on exchange is the generation of Gas, Binance gives exactly what i need. And it is easier for me to do some trading when needed.

Obviously I store most of the my coins in cold storage, for neo it is the exception and is not like I hold 6 figures worth of the neo (yet:P)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Anyone know whats going on with NEO (and OmiseGo and Lisk?) 20%+ growth in a day and climbing?

Something happen in China?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Segwit2x has been abandoned .... so the money that flowed ito Bitcoin recently expecting the fork and "free coins" has now gone back into alts.

DeVore wrote: »
    Wow... Segwit2 has been abandoned?!

Good to see Neo pop (and OMG, I was beginning to have doubts about that coin!)...

Hold both. Big fan of NEO and even with the pop I won't be selling any soon. The future looks very good and I think it could potentially take the smart contract money from ETH which is starting to look stagnant by comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

All my Alts popped. Up a good 25% on the portfolio.

Advertisement