Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford, Tramore bus service

Options
  • 02-11-2017 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Today on the Tramore bus, When I got on the bus I showed my travel pass, my walking stick was plain. The bus took off and I lost my balance but the steel bar prevented any serious injury. I took the first available seat. I rang the bell for my stop. the Court house, bus did not stop, I rang the bell the bus carried on. I hobbled to the driver, asked him why he did not stop, he told me "I didn't hear the bell, but offered to stop now. He stopped I got out a notebook and requested his name and his supervisors name. He refused and demanded my exit. I requested his details as I intended to complain. He threatened me with the Guards, I accepted. He tried to drive away. A dozen passengers witnessed the events. The Guards turned up eventually, talked to the driver, sent him on his way and told me to complain to the bus company. Without leaving the comfort of their vehicle. It's a grand little country.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Nthng2bdne wrote: »
    Today on the Tramore bus, When I got on the bus I showed my travel pass, my walking stick was plain. The bus took off and I lost my balance but the steel bar prevented any serious injury. I took the first available seat. I rang the bell for my stop. the Court house, bus did not stop, I rang the bell the bus carried on. I hobbled to the driver, asked him why he did not stop, he told me "I didn't hear the bell, but offered to stop now. He stopped I got out a notebook and requested his name and his supervisors name. He refused and demanded my exit. I requested his details as I intended to complain. He threatened me with the Guards, I accepted. He tried to drive away. A dozen passengers witnessed the events. The Guards turned up eventually, talked to the driver, sent him on his way and told me to complain to the bus company. Without leaving the comfort of their vehicle. It's a grand little country.

it is a grand country..

While I sympathize with what happened to you, you need to complain to the bus operator.

Unfortunately he is under no obligation to give his details to you.

What did you expect the Garda to do? being an asshole is not illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Maybe you should have requested the stop when you boarded!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Gardner

Maybe you should have requested the stop when you boarded!

why should you?

isn't that he function of the bell? the driver was simply not paying attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Gardner wrote: »
    why should you?

isn't that he function of the bell? the driver was simply not paying attention.

To be fair there is quite an amount of noise on buses and some passengers accidentally press the stop button. I would have out of courtesy to the driver told him my stop when boarding, at least he would have some notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Nthng2bdne

Queerfella, ever wondered why? Maybe you should get over being bullied. Accept your powerlessness, like a grown up. Not particularly interested in your answer, all the best Nthng2bdne”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I know its not a great job and you can deal with some right clowns but bus drivers and ignorant ill mannered grumps seem to go hand in hand. There is one particular bus driver in town white haired, driving the bus for decades by now, he isn't a bit nice, he never smiles and just grunts at you. If you hated your job that much why not leave?
    Same with Bus Eireann, a lot of unfriendly drivers. The only company where I thought the bus drivers are nice are JJ Kavanagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Wonder was this the same guy who was on the 605 earlier this morning. Driving passed stops and everything.

I wonder if this has anything to do with privatization, the running down of services for a more competitive price. Local buses not using bus station, no timetables at request stops, Hospitol bus that does not use the bus stop inside the Hospitol grounds, surly staff. Helpline that struugles to access bus routes and their timetables and dosnt know if you are on a premium line after chatting to his mate, for time. Personally I would prefer a bus driver who has the use of eyes, ears and a head that swivels. Maybe health and safety isn't that important. Public services are being run into the ground, there is validity in that statement.Ten years of being lied to, and cheated by your employers creates disinfrachisement or maybe (contracted) public workers who after deceiving us regularly find they no longer respect the public. Either way austerity or this term "Internal devaluation". Is having a profoundly damaging effect on all of us.

My apologies, QuietFella✌

• Registered Users Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I wonder if this has anything to do with privatization, the running down of services for a more competitive price. Local buses not using bus station, no timetables at request stops, Hospitol bus that does not use the bus stop inside the Hospitol grounds, surly staff. Helpline that struugles to access bus routes and their timetables and dosnt know if you are on a premium line after chatting to his mate, for time. Personally I would prefer a bus driver who has the use of eyes, ears and a head that swivels. Maybe health and safety isn't that important. Public services are being run into the ground, there is validity in that statement.Ten years of being lied to, and cheated by your employers creates disinfrachisement or maybe (contracted) public workers who after deceiving us regularly find they no longer respect the public. Either way austerity or this term "Internal devaluation". Is having a profoundly damaging effect on all of us.

You sound like you have an agenda, just like one of the water cult. I wonder did this story actually happen as you versed. Because it's sounds fishy to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭road_high

So all the while you were waiting there for the Gardai show up (assuming it wasn't an immediate arrival) what was going on?
    And when they arrived they advised you to contact the bus company while they sat in their car and you never left the bus- were you shouting out the window at them while they shouted back to you and the driver?

road_high wrote: »
    So all the while you were waiting there for the Gardai show up (assuming it wasn't an immediate arrival) what was going on?
    And when they arrived they advised you to contact the bus company while they sat in their car and you never left the bus- were you shouting out the window at them while they shouted back to you and the driver?

Crickey, once the guards were called I sat outside and waited on the kerb. As stated the bus had a dozen passengers. Not one person attacked me, a couple of the passengers disagreed with the driver openly. The guards only spoke to the driver, uninterested in talking to anybody but the driver. The bus is held up for 30min the guards never left their van. Minimum interest. What I've done is state facts, you seem to think that inferences about me is some kind of valid point. I realise now that the Guards are not a police force, their breif does not include protection or prevention of the public. I'm going for a nice glass of water, we mostly consist of water, as does our planet, yea I guess I am somebody who thinks water is to important to leave in the hands of politicians.

road_high wrote: »

Crickey, once the guards were called I sat outside and waited on the kerb. As stated the bus had a dozen passengers. Not one person attacked me, a couple of the passengers disagreed with the driver openly. The guards only spoke to the driver, The bus is held up for 30min the guards never left their van. What I have done is state facts. Is it important that the forces of law and order would have interest a question or two?. You seem to think that inferences about me is some kind of valid point. I realise now that the Guards are not a police force, their breif does not include preventtion or protection of the public. I'm going for a nice glass of water, we mostly consist of water, as does our planet, yea I guess I am somebody who thinks water is important. Many people have called me a cult, come one come all. I'm wondering if you will understand this post if I don't include a insult. Are you paid for your opinion or are you a room full of monkeys with a thousand years to spare. Hagseed. Lol Nthng2bdne

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

So you play the age card.
    You play the disability card.
    You get the reader's sympathy.

Then you turn into some nightmare nutter who won't leave the bus when it stops for you (the driver having corrected his error) but instead interrogate the driver who eventually has to call the gardai to get the matter sorted.

I do hope you are proud of the manner in which you handled the situation.

I am certain that all those who daily fight for the rights of the aged and disabled really appreciate your help! :rolleyes:

So you play the age card.
    You play the disability card.
    You get the reader's sympathy.

Then you turn into some nightmare nutter who won't leave the bus when it stops for you (the driver having corrected his error) but instead interrogate the driver who eventually has to call the gardai to get the matter sorted.

I do hope you are proud of the manner in which you handled the situation.

I am certain that all those who daily fight for the rights of the aged and disabled really appreciate your help! :rolleyes:

😭😂

What happened, where have all the human beings gone

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

What happened, where have all the human beings gone

a deep indoctrination of 'atomisation'!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,046 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have a bus pass (age) I do not use a walking stick and am reasonably fit. I would not sit on a kerb because I would not be able to get down onto it, and more important back up off it. I am pretty sure that anyone either old enough for a card or disabled would not do it either.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    a deep indoctrination of 'atomisation'!

Also a population that never recovered. Big % of elite. Thanks for the read, doubt is a bugger. J.P. A man of conviction. T.y.

I'm 53 I have neurological problem that after 5months is not diagnosed. I travel to Cork by bus in two weeks for a test. I am on disability so I don't work. I paid taxes for over 30yrs, So I'm grateful that we live in such a thoughtful society. Bored, bored,bored.dreadfully bored. FUBAR.

• Advertisement
Advertisement