Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trezor : Cant access due to firmware update required

• 03-11-2017 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

Get the message in the subject line when plugging in trezor. Then get asked to do this ;

"To update the firmware:

disconnect the device
    plug it in while holding both device buttons pressed
    For more information, visit the user manual

To enjoy full functionality and security of your device, we strongly recommend you to update. Show changes"

...in which case I get 'usb device not recognised by windows'. Have done on 2x windows machines now - same result. It's happening with bootloader 1.3.0. Clearly Trezor are aware of it - but the instruction they give (as above) to deal with it isnt working.

Added all windows updates to the first one - no joy.

One running windows 10 - the other running windows 7 enterprise.

How do I get past this problem?

Anyone with any experience of same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

You might consider posting this issue on
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TREZOR/

It's a small but very helpful community who should possibly be able to solve your problem. (Trezor official staffmembers and devs look in there regularly also).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is there much on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

You might consider posting this issue on
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TREZOR/

It's a small but very helpful community who should possibly be able to solve your problem. (Trezor official staffmembers and devs look in there regularly also).

Thanks - will do
    Thargor wrote: »
    Is there much on it?
    Not on everybody elses standards but significant enough for it to be important to me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Scary situation, please let us know how you get on. I just dont understand peoples attachment to Trezors, Ive had plenty of USB drives fail on me, there are safer methods for cold storage, and they're free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Scary situation, please let us know how you get on. I just dont understand peoples attachment to Trezors, Ive had plenty of USB drives fail on me, there are safer methods for cold storage, and they're free.

Please share your cold storage ideas, I don't trust USB drives!

• Advertisement

The device itself isnt a single point of failure.

Ok, got it sorted out after a bit of faffing around. Work computer had certain options locked down - was able to disable more usb buses rather than uninstall - so worked out eventually.

Finally claimed my bch (I know - behind the times - but happy to have held on to both btc and bch).

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

Finally claimed my bch (I know - behind the times - but happy to have held on to both btc and bch).

How did you claim?

How did you claim?

Can't recall now - but Trezor supports bch - so a couple of clicks is all it took.

Advertisement