Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Maintenance grant amount for studying in Holland

• 28-10-2017 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3 natwalk10

I was confused on how much I'm entitled to for maintenance to study a level 8 course in The Netherlands next year.
    I know you don't receive Tuition fees.

My threshold is around €37,000 so it's less than the €39,875 threshold which says I'm entitled to 100% maintenance grant. But does that mean I'm only entitled to €336 even though I'm studying abroad? Like far away?
    I want to know exactly how much maintenence grant I would get.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭ blackbird 49

natwalk10 wrote: »
    I was confused on how much I'm entitled to for maintenance to study a level 8 course in The Netherlands next year.
    I know you don't receive Tuition fees.

My threshold is around €37,000 so it's less than the €39,875 threshold which says I'm entitled to 100% maintenance grant. But does that mean I'm only entitled to €336 even though I'm studying abroad? Like far away?
    I want to know exactly how much maintenence grant I would get.

My son back in 2013 went to Germany for his third year, he received the same maintenance grant as he did in his 1st and 2nd year of a level 8 course, he was in receipt of a 100% grant as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3 natwalk10

My son back in 2013 went to Germany for his third year, he received the same maintenance grant as he did in his 1st and 2nd year of a level 8 course, he was in receipt of a 100% grant as well

So you don't get more for studying abroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭ blackbird 49

natwalk10 wrote: »
    So you don't get more for studying abroad?

No. Maybe there is and we did'nt know about it, you could ask Susi, But to be honest and i could be wrong but i would say there is'nt

• Registered Users Posts: 36,078 ✭✭✭✭ ED E

You'll receive the 100% maintenance @ Non adjacent rate. €3,025 vs €1,215.

Its the same benefit of a Galwegian studying in Dublin. Once you hit the threshold it the same for 100KM or 2000KM.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ FakePie

Where do I enquire to find out more about this?

Citizens information?

Or call Suzi?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭ bo0li5eumx12kp

Are study grants from SUSI still available for those who wish to study overseas??

Advertisement