Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2018

• 04-09-2017 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭

Another year, another game.

Personally, for the last few years I've skipped every other title so this year after last playing 2016, I'll find myself buying 2018 which is down for release on November 10.

Plenty of info available for this online at the moment, hell, even the touch games looks pretty good but I'd never find the time to play it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Oh and to add to this, if you pre-purchase FM 2018 before October 9th and you have 2017 in your library, you get 25% off 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Oh and to add to this, if you pre-purchase FM 2018 before October 9th and you have 2017 in your library, you get 25% off 2018.
    Saw that offer on Steam, sadly I'm like yourself - have bought every other year.

However, the amount of time spent flicking through Netflix, youtube & other ****e online, I've come to the conclusion it's perfectly Ok to be engrossed in FM, still! :D

Really looking forward to it & have very fond memories of the winter nights playing FM until all hours, also the odd year you'd get it as a surprise for christmas!

Roll on November!

Its available on FMScout for £37.99 with Beta access, the pound is still pretty weak against the Euro so its about €42, so I'll probably pull the trigger on that and buy it in the coming days.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Is there a beta version available for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Hardly touched this year's comparatively but I'll still have to get it I think... Need to rekindle the love again!

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    Is there a beta version available for free?

There usually is but you have to pre-order the main game and you can carry your save over. Its usually available 2weeks before the game drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,813 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

There's two videos out now explaining new features. The first is on Dynamics and the second is on the revamped Scouting system. I haven't watched them through because I can't stand the guy who is explaining it on the video!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Yeah he's a bit shouty and condescending I thought. I like the look of dynamics, I always wanted to have player relationships be more intricate and while I think you could already lose the dressing room (a full squad of low morale players is very tough to turn around and win consistently with) it should be good to have it laid out properly.

Scouting I won't be sure about til I play. It looks like playing as a lower league club will be even tougher and I dread to think how badly it'll impact games with Irish teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

https://2game.com/football-manager-2018?tap_a=22312-33b225&tap_s=156725-d03f76

£31.76 there with Beta access, works out at 35 euros with this code PASSION4FM18

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I reckon the beta is coming out friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Bought this today, mostly to see what the touch is like.

Glad they have bundled them this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Unearthly wrote: »
    I reckon the beta is coming out friday.

No later than Friday according to Mile Jacobsons twitter. We might get it Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

beta is live

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭dubmick

beta is live
    Any chance you could post Mbappe's stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Atticus Jung

any good?:confused: I got it the last couple of years but never really got around to playing so on the fence this year (again)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

only down loaded it, working long hours at mo. it will be sunday before ill get a crack off it

Is clicking on things super slow for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭irishgeo

lots of bugs. i think ill wait till the most basic ones are fixed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

irishgeo wrote: »
    lots of bugs. i think ill wait till the most basic ones are fixed.

You getting a penalty and red card against you every game aswell :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Watched someones gameplay on it last night, looks extremely stuttery during the match? Just his game or everyone feeling that?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

hots wrote: »
    Watched someones gameplay on it last night, looks extremely stuttery during the match? Just his game or everyone feeling that?

Havent noticed it buddy, maybe low spec computer or something along those lines

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Ridiculous amount of injuries so far and only just finished preseason

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Can't remember do beta saves carry over to full game?

Can't remember do beta saves carry over to full game?

Yes

Anyone else have problems with games against teams not in premier league where all players and backgrounds are black no colour shirts or anything

I hate barcelona, i am playing as liverpool and they have just put in bids for Coutinho, Mane and Firmino. Trying to holdout but Mane has handed in transfer request

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I hate barcelona, i am playing as liverpool and they have just put in bids for Coutinho, Mane and Firmino. Trying to holdout but Mane has handed in transfer request

Stay strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Lads

when you lot are starting a new save, how many countries do you select and how many as playable leagues? I'm finding there's a lot of players and wonderkids not showing up for me when I search.

I normally choose

England
    Scotland
    France
    Italy
    Germany
    Holland
    Spain
    Portugal
    Brazil
    Argentina
    USA

All as playable leagues - gives me a database of about 55,000 players and a computer running performance of 2 and a half stars

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I always pick large database as well, if I remember correctly. Might help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Picked this up for €2.54 last night, was looking something else on allkeyshop and it was on the front page, only lasted a few minutes so was very lucky, gonna leave it awhile though till they release a proper patch and not just hotfixes.

Advertisement