Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster v Leinster Build up thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

867473.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,978 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

JOhnLacey_rdax_80.jpg

John-Lacey-e1471254174241.jpg

Saracens+v+Benetton+Treviso+Heineken+Cup+E-43tdRM3g5x.jpg

John+Lacey+Saracens+v+Benetton+Treviso+Heineken+CsLkcH5Tl_Dl.jpg

Provocative.

• Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I hate you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I think that Robbie Diack clip is my favourite thing that's ever happened in rugby.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    I hate you all.

1WysHP4.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 40,729 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I think that Robbie Diack clip is my favourite thing that's ever happened in rugby.

a bit off topic ......
    but this is definitely up there for me

Afraid Leinster team overly selection will be affected by AI's

original?width=616&version=1862997

diack.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Lol I remember seeing that Diack clip live. What the **** was he thinking?

"Should I just keel my 6'3" frame over towards the line? No. Best to take it into contact against these 3 onrushing defenders."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,388 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

You can see Payne looking down at Diack and think "wtf mate"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Brenna Clean Pedestrian...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Conor Murray is set to be involved for Munster in the trip to Connacht. If that's the case perhaps the Leinster selection will be stronger than ye think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Conor Murray is set to be involved for Munster in the trip to Connacht. If that's the case perhaps the Leinster selection will be stronger than ye think.

I don't think any players will be barred from playing, just that many of them have started four weeks in a row already. Joey Carbery has started six on the trot, including a trek to SA, so he's due a rest.

We might see:
    Healy Cronin Bent
    Fardy Ryan
    Leavy SOB Murphy
    JGP Byrne
    Byrne Reid ROL Kearney
    Kearney

That's a decent team, if ROL and RK are fit.

You think Cooney will be playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Buer

The Lions lads have only 4 games since June. They need another game. I would say they'll be involved this weekend and then have their feet up for the following week.

The other internationals will feature in one or the other, I imagine, depending on their involvement thus far. I'd take a punt on:

McGrath, Tracy, Bent, Fardy, Ryan, Murphy, Leavy, SOB, JGP, Sexton, DK, Reid, Henshaw, Byrne, RK.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Buer wrote: »
    McGrath, Tracy, Bent, Fardy, Ryan, Murphy, Leavy, SOB, JGP, Sexton, DK, Reid, Henshaw, Byrne, RK.

If ROL was fit I'd have him in for Reid with Henshaw to 12 but otherwise that would certainly do. If Ross Byrne started I wouldn't be too upset either.

I'd say a consideration will be for the following week also which is a trip back to Glasgow. Will be a tough enough one and they'll want to have a strong enough side travel over even if Glasgow may be resting a few lads too.

Healy, Cronin, Bent, Fardy, Toner, Leavy, Murphy, Conan, McGrath, Byrne, DK, Reid, ROL, McFadden, RK.

Wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Peter Dooley get a start either this week or next. Bit of a juggling act to be performed.

Ulster's shallow depth could be a real problem for them. If the likes of CL and Cooney don't make it their halfback pairing is going to be very, very weak. They're also looking a bit ropey in the front row with doubts over Herbst and Ah You the likely replacement.

• Advertisement

Marshall/Nelson potential halfback pairing for Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

No mercy for Ulster's weak squad. Grind them into the dirt.

I'd say the loss at the weekend to La Rochelle will have pulled the Ulster squad up by their lacey's.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,720 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I'd say the loss at the weekend to La Rochelle will have pulled the Ulster squad up by their lacey's.

No doubt, but I don't it will be to enough of a degree. I'm going for a Leinster smash-and-grab, agree the Lions should be playing if fit, really they are back in the season proper at this stage and the first Autumn test isnt for another fortnight thereafter.

I have my doubts.

I have my doubts.

Get outta here?!

Get outta here?!

Injury concerns for Cooney and Lealiifaano.

Marshall + Lacey = just give the points to Leinster now and save us the misery.

ROL is fit afaik

Marshall + Lacey = just give the points to Leinster now and save us the misery.

Cheer up, Miseryguts.

This is the Leinster team Ulster beat in May:

Leinster: I Nacewa; A Byrne, G Ringrose, N Reid, F McFadden; J Carbery, L McGrath; J McGrath, J Tracy, T Furlong; D Toner, H Triggs; R Ruddock, J van der Flier, J Conan.

A game against a similar standard side with the Irish lads keeping an eye on the November series is certainly not beyond this Ulster team. I would expect some of those injury doubts to clear in the coming days.

• Advertisement

Cheer up, Miseryguts.

This is the Leinster team Ulster beat in May:

Leinster: I Nacewa; A Byrne, G Ringrose, N Reid, F McFadden; J Carbery, L McGrath; J McGrath, J Tracy, T Furlong; D Toner, H Triggs; R Ruddock, J van der Flier, J Conan.

A game against a similar standard side with the Irish lads keeping an eye on the November series is certainly not beyond this Ulster team. I would expect some of those injury doubts to clear in the coming days.
    It's not beyond us. I just have little confidence. :pac:

Normally I'm a positive person, I swear.

Advertisement