Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018 Season Ticket

• 24-10-2017 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭

Seemed appropriate to start a new season ticket thread for 2018 and let the 2017 ST thread just fade away :D

Thanks to Lionguard82 for the heads up on this link

https://www.seasontickets.ie/new

Which has the following image posted. Thanks to mayo.mick for the image link

DM2av8_WkAYALJG.jpg
    But can't seem to actually purchase tickets yet as other bits on the page refer to 2017 tickets. Dosn't seem to be renewals option in account either. May be a work in progress.

Going to get a big bill this year as now got a 17 year old, €270 :( I hope they give a bit of notice before the due date of the payment. No renewals email as yet.

I still think it's great value, esp the guaranteed stress free AI ticket and the fabulous seats in croke for other pre AI matches.

The Gaa season ticket webpage hasn't been updated lately either

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/
    Juvenile Season Tickets are available to those who are 16 or under on 1st January 2018.

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/juvenile-season-ticket

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Worth moving this here too for future reference, thanks again mayo.mick ;)
    mayo.mick wrote: »
    DMxJr8VW4AETQBb.jpg

DMxKaP-W4AEsg8S.jpg

DMxLAcgWkAENVxP.jpg

DMxLf-BX4AE0n4i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Regarding the discount price for 2017 league matches.....I think it was €12 (20% off €15) rather than €10?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

2017 says access to an AI ticket 2018 says including an AI ticket.
    Is the season ticket price including the cost of an final ticket this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I told people that the price would be going up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

It's long gone past economical for anyone except fans of the likes of Dublin, Mayo & Kerry in football and the big hurling teams.
    60% increase in price in 6 years is insane. It's much cheaper to buy league tickets in Super Valu or Centra.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

ureds wrote: »
    2017 says access to an AI ticket 2018 says including an AI ticket.
    Is the season ticket price including the cost of an final ticket this time?

It says access in 2018 also - smaller print, under "includes:"

You do get far better seat offerings than with Tickets.ie by and large.

Can someone tell me if you can purchase a 2nd ticket for all games other than AI final, beside your ST?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

It's long gone past economical for anyone except fans of the likes of Dublin, Mayo & Kerry in football and the big hurling teams.
    60% increase in price in 6 years is insane. It's much cheaper to buy league tickets in Super Valu or Centra.

100% agree. Like they know people are keeping them for AI final ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Mokuba wrote: »
    You do get far better seat offerings than with Tickets.ie by and large.

Can someone tell me if you can purchase a 2nd ticket for all games other than AI final, beside your ST?

If you do it early enough yes you can... (Tyrone v Dublin was limited last season)

Mokuba wrote: »

Yes. It's called the "Bring a friend option". But you won't get as good a seat at the match, as you would have done by "not bringing a friend" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭big_drive

I'd probably buy it next year as I'm in Cork and with the new format I'm hoping we'll have a fair few games with the hurlers.
    If the county board would include club games I'd be delighted as I attend a lot of those so would work out good personally

big_drive wrote: »
    I'd probably buy it next year as I'm in Cork and with the new format I'm hoping we'll have a fair few games with the hurlers.
    If the county board would include club games I'd be delighted as I attend a lot of those so would work out good personally

There is a specific option for that.

Its one way of attempting to sort out the closed waiting lists for Dublin and Mayo! Supply and demand rules :D

Just noticed Gaa ST page now says
    GAA Season Tickets for 2018 will go on sale and open for renewals in the coming days

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/

Was this the case last year? I thought the club+ ST holders had to do the 60% attendance too.
    If their County qualifies for the All-Ireland final, Club+ Season Ticket holders will qualify for an All-Ireland Final ticket regardless of their attendance rate during the season - this only applies to the selected code of the GAA Season Ticket.

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/aif-tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

Oldtree wrote: »
    Was this the case last year? I thought the club+ ST holders had to do the 60% attendance too.

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/aif-tickets

They changed it in 2016 to attendance based but there was a serious backlash due to the premium price and having the same restrictions as the regular ST so it was reverted back in 2017. I was hoping they might open the Club+ option for Mayo but looking at that link I'm not so hopeful

I would be more hopeful that maby they are going to release a load of Mayo Club+ ST to take care of the backlog? :D
    * Please note that there will not be a Club+ Upgrade option for 2018. If you wish to purchase a Club+ GAA Season Ticket this must be done at the time of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Am I correct to say that's it's €120 up front but that it could end up costing about €220/ €245 ish regardless of attendance if your county got to the final as they debit the price of each match after the championship first round regardless of your attendance? Even taking one opt out match into account, if you play 3 championship matches and a quarter final, semi final that's probably on average €25 x 5 = €125? Or maybe I'm wrong as to how it works?

I would be more hopeful that maby they are going to release a load of Mayo Club+ ST to take care of the backlog? :D

So does this mean that if you have a regular existing Season Ticket, you cannot upgrade it to a Club+? Do you need to purchase a new Season Ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Raisins wrote: »
    Am I correct to say that's it's €120 up front but that it could end up costing about €220/ €245 ish regardless of attendance if your county got to the final as they debit the price of each match after the championship first round regardless of your attendance? Even taking one opt out match into account, if you play 3 championship matches and a quarter final, semi final that's probably on average €25 x 5 = €125? Or maybe I'm wrong as to how it works?

Correct, but if you don't want to go to the games don't sign up for the "Season ticket"

• Advertisement

statto25 wrote: »
    So does this mean that if you have a regular existing Season Ticket, you cannot upgrade it to a Club+? Do you need to purchase a new Season Ticket?

No existing ST upgrade. So yes you need to buy a new club+ if they are/become available.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Correct, but if you don't want to go to the games don't sign up for the "Season ticket"

Who said I didn't want to go to games? Get off your high horse. I'm not so arrogant that I'll comitt to something with my family without knowing how much it will ultimately cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Will this season ticket be available for Dublin fans to goto Dublin games?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,758 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Renewed my tickets just there

Came too €243 for 2 Waterford Hurling tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Drumpot wrote: »
    Will this season ticket be available for Dublin fans to goto Dublin games?

The season ticket is only open for renewals for Mayo and Dublin as they've both sold out their quota for the last 4 years or so.

There appears to be an option to buy a:
    €200 - Mayo Football Adult Season Ticket + All Mayo Club Games 2018
    when I go to renew ordinary season ticket. Not quite sure if that is a club+ ST or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Just seen, footbal tickets now available for renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Renewed my tickets just there

Came too €243 for 2 Waterford Hurling tickets

Renewed.:D

There appears to be an option to buy a:
    €200 - Mayo Football Adult Season Ticket + All Mayo Club Games 2018
    when I go to renew ordinary season ticket. Not quite sure if that is a club+ ST or not!

I don't have that option. I get to the Renew page and it has the usual CC details but doesnt state anything about Club+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I don't have that option. I get to the Renew page and it has the usual CC details but doesnt state anything about Club+.

There's no option to upgrade to the club+ ticket.

Advertisement