Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Incident on New Street?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

You should apologise for branding people as racists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

lertsnim wrote: »
    You should apologise for branding people as racists.

Where did I brand any particular person as a racist tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

You're playing that game are you? Have a read of the thread and grow up.

lertsnim wrote: »
    You're playing that game are you? Have a read of the thread and grow up.

I said the source itself was racist, if I was calling your man racist then I'd be calling myself a racist for hearing the same things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Go way bah. You've been found out

• Advertisement

Go way bah. You've been found out

I certainly have!

Any more info on the incident? Has the guy been charged?

Edit: Suppose it's a bit early for that yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Guy was in court this morning at 10.30

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rebeccamcgee95

Juraci Da Silva, of Johns Lane Apartments. Was given free legal aid and is seen again in court on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

From reading the news and star this week they give good details of what actually happened before the stabbings. Apparently there's a lot of CCTV footage of the victims

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    From reading the news and star this week they give good details of what actually happened before the stabbings. Apparently there's a lot of CCTV footage of the victims

You got a link or can you explain more?

Mr Banville and his friend assaulted the Brazilian guy before the stabbing, he ran after them a couple of minutes later. This is on cctv, him returning to the area the initial assault took place is also on camera. There is no cctv footage of the actual incident itself from what I know.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Mr Banville and his friend assaulted the Brazilian guy before the stabbing, he ran after them a couple of minutes later. This is on cctv, him returning to the area the initial assault took place is also on camera. There is no cctv footage of the actual incident itself from what I know.

That helps explain the charges I guess ......
    assault causing harm and one count of unlawful possession of a knife

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The two guys got refused entry to a load of pubs around the area

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Those Irish people should stop to attack people when they are alone. Got attacked another day in Dublin by some group of Irish without any reason, actually the reason was because I was alone. I should start to carry a knife just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Das Reich wrote:
    Those Irish people should stop to attack people when they are alone. Got attacked another day in Dublin by some group of Irish without any reason, actually the reason was because I was alone. I should start to carry a knife just in case.

Old thread, but maybe consider a martial arts or self defence. A weapon would probably just cause more problems. Best of luck

Wouldn't bother with the knife, those Irish will just take it off you and stick it where the sun don't shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

What would a knife do? Are you going to kill someone?

Probably the worst idea I could think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/brazilian-man-guilty-of-manslaughter-over-killing-of-james-banville-on-waterford-street-36246579.html

Juraci Da Silva (36) of Park Lane Apartments, Waterford has been found not guilty of murder but guilty of manslaughter for the killing of James Banville on October 8 2016 at New Street in Waterford.

He was found notguilty of assault causing harm to Conor Hogan and guilty of producing a knife at the same place and on the same date.
    More to follow...

Fair verdict.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gambithh

How is it? Poor brazillian guy with out a word of english who came here to work going in the door of his apartment is attacked by two thugs with numerous previous convictions high on cocaine (according to RTE news this evening) For the second time!

Yes he did go too far by going after them with a knife after by if that was you how can you say how you would react?

Should have been a susended sentence.Feel sorry for brazillian guy and his family,the other got what he deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Deiseen

gambithh wrote: »
    How is it? Poor brazillian guy with out a word of english who came here to work going in the door of his apartment is attacked by two thugs with numerous previous convictions high on cocaine (according to RTE news this evening) For the second time!

Yes he did go too far by going after them with a knife after by if that was you how can you say how you would react?

Should have been a susended sentence.Feel sorry for brazillian guy and his family,the other got what he deserved.

Have to agree with you. Yes he was wrong to go with the knife but sounds like he was put through an awful ordeal. Hopefully he can get an early release with good behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Absolutely awful decision,my view is scum bag reaped what he sowed.they (2 wexford lads) came here to cause trouble, racist abuse and violence, after much provocation, violence came back on them.no justice IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Max Powers wrote: »
    Absolutely awful decision,my view is scum bag reaped what he sowed.they (2 wexford lads) came here to cause trouble, racist abuse and violence, after much provocation, violence came back on them.no justice IMO.

A bit much playing the "are you local/we'll have no trouble here" card on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Wouldn't bother with the knife, those Irish will just take it off you and stick it where the sun don't shine.

It didn't happened on this case so you are wrong.

Advertisement