Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny 2 PvP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,969 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone have any thoughts on any kind of fun clan pvp activity we could run?

Trying to think of a way we could set up teams and have some goal to obtain - with some way of switching out teams so that there is a mix of players and groups continually.... but I can't think of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Trying to think of a way we could set up teams and have some goal to obtain - with some way of switching out teams so that there is a mix of players and groups continually.... but I can't think of anything.

Here's one, see if you could go flawless!

dudeeile wrote: »
    Here's one, see if you could go flawless!

I'll re-iterate.... kind of fun clan pvp activity?

As a serious response though.... do you mean with kinda random groups?

Ie. I run a card with you, CDB and Generic - we get to 4 wins (arf!), and as soon as we hit that loss we disband and form new, different groups (say me, Chimp and Totz)

Say we got 20 people in - that would be enough for 5 teams. Run til you lose, new groups made on losses?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Running all blue gear.
    Running with the original gear you have at the start of the game. :cool:
    Sidearms only.

Do it over 5 games, and tally scores / wins to determine something.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ie. I run a card with you, CDB and Generic - we get to 4 wins (arf!), and as soon as we hit that loss we disband and form new, different groups (say me, Chimp and Totz)

Say we got 20 people in - that would be enough for 5 teams. Run til you lose, new groups made on losses?

Well you could do that and have the 5 teams all kick off at once but you could end up left waiting around f you get 1 win followed by a loss and other teams get to 7/8/9 wins etc.

• Advertisement

**** that sounds horrible, sorry I brought it up!

Not really a lot to do unless we have private matches and we didn't really use those anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It's been said before but...
    D1 PvP Private matches Competition
    4 teams (of 3s or 4s)
    Best of 5 matches
    Winners face off for 1st place, losers play off for 3rd place
    Do the whole thing in one sitting over 2-3 hours

4 teams (of 3s or 4s)
    Best of 5 matches

I'm in.

4 teams (of 3s or 4s)
    Best of 5 matches

Go back to D1 for this?

Suppose it doesnt matter what game the clan is playing, as long as the clan is playing.

Someone jokingly said "Well there's 5 of us now, lets go back to D1 PvP" when I joined in the party chat the other night after my internet came back online, like I was there with my cursor over "close application" already :o

• Advertisement

Someone jokingly said "Well there's 5 of us now, lets go back to D1 PvP" when I joined in the party chat the other night after my internet came back online, like I was there with my cursor over "close application" already :o

JADE RABBIT!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

just watching a video on how to fix pvp
    nerf pulse grenades
    remove high calibre rounds
    nerf the last hope and 450 ARs
    fix spawns (complaint about every online fps ever)
    remove invisiblity

as an average player who uses these except the Hunter invisbility thing none of this bothers me

surpisingly no mida gripe except for the HCR issue, used the gun once in IB and barely noticed it throughout

• Registered Users Posts: 11 declank90

Currently in a clan that does mainly PvE activities and looking to get into PvP more since Destiny 2.

Bungie.net and lfg are too full of sweats for the likes of me.

Average player looking to get games in with others and casual QP/competitive

Stats are 1.2ish KA/d

Psn: turing_c0mplete

^this, all of this plus reduce sword ammo by half and RL with clusterbombs or tracking get 1 rocket.

Be interesting to see if PC has the same meta when it drops next week, I don't see why it would be any different but maybe snipers might see some more usage.

Why would they need to reduce sword ammo by half?
    You can get 4 Shotgun or Fusion shots, those are 1 hit kills. so are swords. The difference being you need to get in closer.
    It's a high-risk, high reward weapon, just because you don't use them through some altruistic thing doesn't mean they should be nerfed into oblivion.
    If they were such a serous issue they'd be used more frequently and would gravitate to being the "meta" in Trials.
    No-one is really using them in trials because they are not OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd nerf pulse nades and not touch the rest of your list, just buff other stuff to reach their level. Games too slow as is.

You can get 4 Shotgun or Fusion shots, those are 1 hit kills. so are swords. The difference being you need to get in closer.
    It's a high-risk, high reward weapon, just because you don't use them through some altruistic thing doesn't mean they should be nerfed into oblivion.
    If they were such a serous issue they'd be used more frequently and would gravitate to being the "meta" in Trials.

You can get two team wipes with them. A warlock with devour and a sword is more of a threat than a arcstrider.

They nerfed LMGs in D1 because their up time was too high - same thing here.

You need to be as close for a shotgun, can wiff a shot as easy if not easier with a shotgun, get less ammo and reloading is a thing - along with the field of view advantage you get from weilding a sword.

dudeeile wrote: »
    ^this, all of this plus reduce sword ammo by half and RL with clusterbombs or tracking get 1 rocket.

Be interesting to see if PC has the same meta when it drops next week, I don't see why it would be any different but maybe snipers might see some more usage.

HandCannons were amazing on PC beta - given mouse aiming advantages, and lack of recoil on PC version.

You can also get a full a team wipe with a single rocket. Doesn't mean it happens frequently

You get 8 "rounds" so that's 8 potential kills, seems fairly OP to me. The fact that they are not meta doen't really mean anything as you are aware. On the trials issue, that is a very different mode and plays different tactically, people run swords there though but most don't, you don't specifically balance on trials data anyway as that would be the smallest sample of Destiny PvP.

Is saying "here take 4 rounds, get 4 kills" really nerfing something into the ground, the fact that I'm not a fan is one thing, it's a shooting game so that's my stance. Balance is what I would like to see, swords need to be brought back in line.

• Advertisement

You can also get a full a team wipe with a single rocket. Doesn't mean it happens frequently

they have to be standing together for that.

Being able to run around and take 9 different shots at OHK the other players is a world away from killing a team when they are standing beside each other. You can chase down the other team, twice, with a sword.

There's a difference between "reduce the ammo" and "half the ammo".

Halving the ammo of all swords would make give you as many swings (or less) as a Shotgun or Fusion rifle has shots
    they have to be standing together for that.

And a lot of other things need to happen for you to get 9 kills with 1 brick of Sword ammo. :confused:

Halving the ammo of all swords would make give you as many swings (or less) as a Shotgun or Fusion rifle has shots

Any potentially get the same number of kills! What's wrong with an even playing field.

Ah I wouldn't say swords are OP tbh. Fusions and rockets are much better options.

Potential number of kills is an awful metric to judge off. Rockets only have 2 shots but the ease of the kill makes them a better option than swords in most scenarios.

And a lot of other things need to happen for you to get 9 kills with 1 brick of Sword ammo. :confused:

And a lot of things have to happen for you get any kills ever? Why is this an arguing point?

How do you see swords as being a more risky weapon choice than shotguns?

Shotguns have a lower field of view, lower aim assistance, lower capacity and you need to get in just as close as with a sword (while the sword gives you a far better view of the fight).

You can get a team wipe with any heavy weapon - but if you miss 5 shots with any other heavy weapon do you (a) have ammo left or (b) enough ammo to still OHK the entire opposition, even if they are standing in different corners of the map?

Ye make it seem like it's a regular occurrence to get 9 kills with a sword. It's not. More often it's 2 -> 3. I've been running a sword for ~220 games of PvP and it's rare you'd get more than 5 kills with it, very, very rare

AdamD wrote: »
    Ah I wouldn't say swords are OP tbh. Fusions and rockets are much better options.

Potential number of kills is an awful metric to judge off. Rockets only have 2 shots but the ease of the kill makes them a better option than swords in most scenarios.

How do you measure?

I did mention about giving RL only 1 rocket, so technically that should reduce there usage and make swords more viable maybe.

And a lot of things have to happen for you get any kills ever? Why is this an arguing point?

How do you see swords as being a more risky weapon choice than shotguns?

Shotguns have a lower field of view, lower aim assistance, lower capacity and you need to get in just as close as with a sword (while the sword gives you a far better view of the fight).

You can get a team wipe with any heavy weapon - but if you miss 5 shots with any other heavy weapon do you (a) have ammo left or (b) enough ammo to still OHK the entire opposition, even if they are standing in different corners of the map?

If you miss 5 shots with a sword you're dead if the other team have thumbs.

AdamD wrote: »
    If you miss 5 shots with a sword you're dead if the other team have thumbs.

If you miss with 5 shotguns blasts what are your survival chances?

Plus - could be: 1 miss - Kill - 1 miss - Kill - 1 miss - Kill - 1 miss - Kill - 1 miss/Kill.

A warlock with devour can be getting their health back after each kill which can make them very hard to take down.

• Advertisement

You could "potentially" get 5 kills with a sword without thumbs.

Advertisement