Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long before claiming a winning bet

• 01-11-2011 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Sorry if this is posted before. I'm a boards newbie and dont know my way around. My question is: How long can I wait before claiming a winning bet with Paddy Power? I have some betting slips from some time ago and I just wondered is there any chance they will expire or can I wait as long as I like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Im not sure if it expires or not but I once had a docket for 10 months and I cashed in. It was a bet for the winner of the premier league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

do betting slips have T&Cs printed on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I thought it was 90 days i must have been thinking of something else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

• Registered Users Posts: 2 iceinkerry

Hi. I work in an independent bookmaker and we keep winning bets for 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Six months is the norm I think

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Just checking the 6 month thing hasn't changed in the last few years for any reason, can't find any up-to-date info online.

On Shakespeare to be the next prem manager for the sack with PP but could be into December before I can get up to Dublin to collect it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭SteM

Just checking the 6 month thing hasn't changed in the last few years for any reason, can't find any up-to-date info online.

On Shakespeare to be the next prem manager for the sack with PP but could be into December before I can get up to Dublin to collect it...

Can you not just collect in any PP? Doesn't have to be the shop you put the bet on does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

id ring their head office and ask for an email confirmation of their T&Cs for peace of mind

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Thanks for the feedback. Found this on the PP website so should be okay:
    We do not guarantee payment of returns from any bet later than six months after the time the final result affecting settlement of the bet was known.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

You can collect in any PP shop

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

I worked with a guy who found some bet slips clearing out his drawer 2 years after placing the bets.
    Checked them, one was a winner, went into PP shop and was told to contact HQ, they paid him around €80.

Advertisement