Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Form 11 query for a PAYE person

• 16-10-2017 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am filling out a Form 11 as I am registered for income tax self assessment due to having regular CGT capital gains on shares. I submitted it last year no problem but this year I see that the IT Self Assessment is showing that I have a balance payable. How is this so? All of my income tax is handled by my employer (and done externally by AON) through the PAYE system.

Should I change the amount due to zero and state that I do not agree with the indicative amounts provided by Revenue by default in the form?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Prezatch wrote: »
    Hi,

I am filling out a Form 11 as I am registered for income tax self assessment due to having regular CGT capital gains on shares. I submitted it last year no problem but this year I see that the IT Self Assessment is showing that I have a balance payable. How is this so? All of my income tax is handled by my employer (and done externally by AON) through the PAYE system.

Should I change the amount due to zero and state that I do not agree with the indicative amounts provided by Revenue by default in the form?

Thanks for any help

Is the amount payable equal to or near to what has already been deducted in your wage?

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Checked my P60 for 2016 - tax chargeable for the period from the Form 11 doesn't agree so I will contest that. How they get different amounts in this day in age I don't know.

Actually I see what the real issue is now. I have only been given the single tax credit in my Form 11 and not the employee tax credit also - even though the income was earned through PAYE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

I think revenue default for form 11 & shares is that this is your main source of income and that you are self employed.

They really dont seem to be on the ball with this.

Have issues personally over etf gains.

Everybody i speak to at revenue has the a different story & take onit. Latest is that its not enough to just fill out section E of form 11 (as advised by another revenue person).

Pain in me hole with it

I just used my final payslip for 2016 - has all of the details figures needed to check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭scabo33

HI @Prezatch did you get this sorted? I am having similair issues and cant understand why its saying I owe 1800. Im pretty sure I have both tax credits clicked.

Advertisement