Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ASU Officer 2017

• 19-05-2017 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hello there,

I was offered a position for an airport search unit officer at Dublin airport and I have a few questions for anyone who currently works there. Im trying to be proactive by planning for possible day care times/coordinating drop offs and pick ups with my husband and his schedule.

How does the scheduling system work? What are the possible shift start and end times? How far in advance do you know your schedule? I understand it's shift work but do employees get any sort of say in their preference times through bids or anything? Flexsource said I'd start with minimal hours but would need full time availability, any idea what the norm is for weekly hours? I'd prefer part time, early hours but not sure how likely that will be! Im ok with whatever happens, just want to prepare as best I can!

Any other info would help!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 IrishmanSteen

Hi there. I hope the job has been going well for you, so far. I actually have an interview for the job coming up and I'm quite keen do do well. Do you have any advice on what the interview was like?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

Hi there. I hope the job has been going well for you, so far. I actually have an interview for the job coming up and I'm quite keen do do well. Do you have any advice on what the interview was like?

Hi when did you apply for the asu? My oh applied a couple of weeks ago and hasn't heard back yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5 IrishmanSteen

browner85 wrote: »
    Hi when did you apply for the asu? My oh applied a couple of weeks ago and hasn't heard back yet

It would have been a few weeks back. I only got an email the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Hello.there

Hi there Irishman,

So sorry for the late response I only just noticed your message now.

Did you have your interview yet? If not I could let you know about my interview and what I felt worked for me. Fingers crossed for you!!

I started the process a while ago, but I heard back about the first stage interview roughly 3-4 weeks after I sent in my application.

Best of luck to you!!!

• Advertisement

Update:

I haven't started yet, but I have info from a current employee in T2.

There are "peak hours" and "off peak" hours-summer is on peak as well as the season nearing Christmas. During on peak hours you'll have more hours which looks like an average of 30 hours per week. During the off peak hours you'll have less, not sure of a weekly average.

The schedule works as a sort of weekly line system, where there are let's say 28 weeks laid out during an on peak season. For example, you'd start at line 1 with 7 days obviously on that line, working 3:50-11 sun 3:50-11 mon 4-12 tues, off wed off thurs, 3:50 fri 3:50 sat. Then line 2, 9:50-6 sun And mon, off ties and wed, 9:50-6 thurs fri sat.

Supposedly you'll know well in advance what you'll be working, so far ahead where you'd know what you're working the following Christmas, 2018.

Hopefully this helps anyone left waiting in limbo like I was!

Hi

My oh received the online test this morning via email anybody able to tell me what's involved in this .. she has 30 mins to complete it

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Purpleturtle_

I have the final round interview this week too, with a Team Leader and a HR member. I am so so nervous.. Any tips for the interview, or even what type of atmosphere to expect?
    The previous interview was really comfortable and the interviewer I had (a Flexsource recruitment agent) was really kind and put my mind at ease, the whole thing only lasted about 15 minutes. Kind of hoping this one will be as short, although I doubt it will be :/

I have the final round interview this week too, with a Team Leader and a HR member. I am so so nervous.. Any tips for the interview, or even what type of atmosphere to expect?
    The previous interview was really comfortable and the interviewer I had (a Flexsource recruitment agent) was really kind and put my mind at ease, the whole thing only lasted about 15 minutes. Kind of hoping this one will be as short, although I doubt it will be :/

Hello purple turtle, it was a pretty easy interview so Try to relax ��. I was very nervous as well, but the atmosphere was very welcoming and the questions were pretty straight forward and only took about 15 minutes for me. A couple questions they asked me were, "what do you know about the DAA? (Do a little research online and on their website) Tell me about the position and what you'll be doing. (Study the position description) Have you ever had a conflict with a co-worker? If so what was the outcome? (My answer was yes, a lead asked somebody from our team to help at the ticket counter. We were overloaded with work at the time and all my team members refused to do it, so I volunteered to go inside and help, then I went back out to the ramp to continue where I was needed. What makes you a good fit for this position? What would you do if a grandmother was bringing through her freshly made raspberry jam for her grand daughter, but she couldn't take it? (I said I would show empathy toward her situation, but would follow the procedures and protocol I was taught. If needed, I would ask a lead for assistance). What if you disagree with a decision made by a supervisor? (I said I would follow the chain of command and respectfully follow the supervisor)

Overall, it was very basic as long as you review all the attachments flexsource give you. When I was prepping myself before the interview, I found the flexsource website useful as they have a lot of examples questions you might be asked.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and good luck!!!

Hi
    Can anybody tell me what kind of questions they ask in the first round interview (one to one, not group)
    Is it a relaxed atmosphere? It's in the flexisource office in swords

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi
    Can anybody tell me what kind of questions they ask in the first round interview (one to one, not group)
    Is it a relaxed atmosphere? It's in the flexisource office in swords

Thanks

It was a very welcoming atmosphere which only took about 15 minutes.

For my one to one interview, he asked about my previous job, asked about things like what would make me a good fit for the job, did I have relevant experience, why did I want to work as an ASU Officer, if I knew any background about the daa, what would I be doing as an ASU Officer, very basic questions.

My advice would be dress appropriately in business attire, tie/spin any relevant experience to the job, and show passion/interest by knowing about the DAA and the job specs..

Good luck, hope that helped.

Thank you appreciate your reply ��

No problem at all. Let me know if you have any other questions :)

How did your final interview go browner85?

How did your final interview go browner85?

It was my girlfriend that was going for it .. she had another interview for retail in the daa and they said either one or the other so she took the retail interview instead

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hamilton Hiller

Has anyone had a job interview here recently ? What is it like working with the ASU ? I know it's shift work but will you get 40 hrs a week ? Also could you get into the likes of Aerlingus through a DAA job ? Any help is would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Is it true that T&C's are not the same and that it is 2 different companies running T1 and T2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Droghedapaddy

Please can I get somes question the ask u, in interview

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Droghedapaddy

Please my sister have interview with ASU can I get somes questions

Has anyone had a job interview here recently ? What is it like working with the ASU ? I know it's shift work but will you get 40 hrs a week ? Also could you get into the likes of Aerlingus through a DAA job ? Any help is would be appreciated

Just noticed the posts from the last few weeks, sorry I couldn't respond earlier. I've just completed the 4 weeks of training as of yesterday and I really like it! The training was a bit more intense than I thought it was going to be, but the trainers were excellent and help people succeed as best they can, and it actually was a great time with lots of laughs.

I'll be on a temporary roster for the next four weeks, which consists of 35 hrs one week and 27 the next, then 35 and 27 again. This job can't guarantee you will get full time hours as the contract says 16 hours minimum, but there are always extra hours or people looking to trade their own hours. I'm in T-1 which supposedly has more hours than T-T2, so it could be different based on that alone I guess.

As for are lingus, I've no idea!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Advertisement

Is it true that T&C's are not the same and that it is 2 different companies running T1 and T2?

As far as I know, the DAA runs both. However, things like hours and rosters are different since the demand is different. t-1 has more people that come through so there are more staff and more hours, t-2 is a bit quieter with less hours to be had.

The previous posts in the thread show the answers to your question.

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Please my sister have interview with ASU can I get somes questions
    It was a very welcoming atmosphere which only took about 15 minutes.

For my one to one interview, he asked about my previous job, asked about things like what would make me a good fit for the job, did I have relevant experience, why did I want to work as an ASU Officer, if I knew any background about the daa, what would I be doing as an ASU Officer, very basic questions.

My advice would be dress appropriately in business attire, tie/spin any relevant experience to the job, and show passion/interest by knowing about the DAA and the job specs..

Good luck, hope that helped.
    Hello purple turtle, it was a pretty easy interview so Try to relax ��. I was very nervous as well, but the atmosphere was very welcoming and the questions were pretty straight forward and only took about 15 minutes for me. A couple questions they asked me were, "what do you know about the DAA? (Do a little research online and on their website) Tell me about the position and what you'll be doing. (Study the position description) Have you ever had a conflict with a co-worker? If so what was the outcome? (My answer was yes, a lead asked somebody from our team to help at the ticket counter. We were overloaded with work at the time and all my team members refused to do it, so I volunteered to go inside and help, then I went back out to the ramp to continue where I was needed. What makes you a good fit for this position? What would you do if a grandmother was bringing through her freshly made raspberry jam for her grand daughter, but she couldn't take it? (I said I would show empathy toward her situation, but would follow the procedures and protocol I was taught. If needed, I would ask a lead for assistance). What if you disagree with a decision made by a supervisor? (I said I would follow the chain of command and respectfully follow the supervisor)

Overall, it was very basic as long as you review all the attachments flexsource give you. When I was prepping myself before the interview, I found the flexsource website useful as they have a lot of examples questions you might be asked.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and good luck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mrs De winter

No problem at all. Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Hi , I know this is an old post , but I was wondering how long the process took, I’ve had the 2 interviews, medical, uniform fitting ect , how long where you waiting for a training start date ?
    Thanks

Advertisement