Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

city square

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭goochy

I have seen the menu. I will give it a go. It's already gone quiet in little island cork after Just a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭goochy

Never let it be said I am not open minded , tried the Chopped chicken tiriacki salad bowl for 7 quid .
    Surprised you actually get a full chicken breast , big bowl and not bad but far too much lettuce for anyone to eat - there were a few noodles in it but needs more noodles and other things .
    Surely you cant eat all that lettuce on ur lunch ? I thought I would turn into a rabbit. lol

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

It's great that the 26 year old City Square is getting a badly needed revamp but it's still a smallish shopping centre from another era that doesn't suit the space needs of many of the modern retail chains.

Any news about Newgate and when it might finally get the go-ahead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

JupiterKid wrote: »
    It's great that the 26 year old City Square is getting a badly needed revamp but it's still a smallish shopping centre from another era that doesn't suit the space needs of many of the modern retail chains.

Any news about Newgate and when it might finally get the go-ahead?

A much more impressive public space would be to cover John Roberts Sq in a similar fashion to the Apple Market.

Dump the Newgate project: in the medium term traditional retailing is looking flaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fargojones123

20170803_083920_by_leokearon-dbiols8.jpg

20170803_083859_by_leokearon-dbiolsd.jpg

The food court is starting to take shape

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Think its due to open late summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Chopped officially announced for City Square, opening soon according to Facebook. Will be interesting to see what else moves into the new units

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

iseegirls wrote: »
    Chopped officially announced for City Square, opening soon according to Facebook. Will be interesting to see what else moves into the new units

Carrig Donn is moving into one of them.

shockwave wrote: »
    Carrig Donn is moving into one of them.

The unit they have in George's Court is tiny alright, although I'd still rather see a new and different type of retailer come to Waterford instead of one just moving across the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Accoroding to a good source it's gonna be tk maxx and dunnes stores taking the two bigger units. What a waste of time, same old same old.

• Advertisement

Gavlor wrote: »
    Accoroding to a good source it's gonna be tk maxx and dunnes stores taking the two bigger units. What a waste of time, same old same old.

Ah jaysus! :( Would that mean TK Maxx leaving their Poleberry unit? And probably Dunnes leaving their outside corner unit? What a waste is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So the wait for Marks and Sparks goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭JohnC.

There's also sources saying TK Maxx were supposed to take one, but pulled out due to the rent being too high.

I suppose it won't be too long before we know what's happening.

I heard it's the former Burger King area Carraig Donn are taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Any pictures of the new development?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭914

JohnC. wrote: »
    There's also sources saying TK Maxx were supposed to take one, but pulled out due to the rent being too high.

I suppose it won't be too long before we know what's happening.

I heard it's the former Burger King area Carraig Donn are taking.

Heard it was H&M that pulled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Theyre not too popular in Ireland at the moment, been taking the p!ss with overcharging compared to their UK prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Theyre not too popular in Ireland at the moment, been taking the p!ss with overcharging compared to their UK prices.

They do have to ship over everything from their producers and manufactures in the UK which adds cost i would imagine, almost nothing is sourced in Ireland not even the milk I dont think. I have noticed they are doing lots of deals lately which work out fairly well economically. 3 course Dinners for 2 people €14 or 3 meals for a 10er or 3 for €14 depending what type.

I use them quite a bit for the ready made meals during the week. Just the right size portion and really good food, I do agree that if you shop outside of the promotions it gets ridiculously expensive very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

That sounds like one of those stories you get in Waterford to me. When you think about it does not make a lot of sense, specially Dunnes. Why would Dunnes move the Michael St store into a unit in City Square, it would not change much, it would still be separate to the main store.

BBM77 wrote: »
    That sounds like one of those stories you get in Waterford to me. When you think about it does not make a lot of sense, specially Dunnes. Why would Dunnes move the Michael St store into a unit in City Square, it would not change much, it would still be separate to the main store.

It came directly from management in the centre so unless something major happens we're going to be stuck with what we've got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭914

BBM77 wrote: »

I believe dunnes will not be moving but instead they will be opening a homeware store in the new section

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

It won't be TK Maxx, but it might be Homesense which is part of TK Maxx but trades from smaller units and concetrates on homewares.

www.homesense.ie

Not surprised H&M not goin in. They are not doing well here

A whole heap of different things rumoured then....how often do we read about 'heard from good source' only for it to turn out to be untrue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭JohnC.

914 wrote: »
    I believe dunnes will not be moving but instead they will be opening a homeware store in the new section

Could be something like this. Apparently part of the upstairs section in the City Square store will be going back to City Square, so they'll probably make up for the lost space with the new unit.

Anyone got any pictures of the new development to see how it is coming along?

Deiseen wrote: »

Inside across from JD Sports here:

https://twitter.com/Deisesupes/status/920214657905954818

I’m opening a leftorium in one of those

Inside across from JD Sports here:

https://twitter.com/Deisesupes/status/920214657905954818

Thanks! Anymore? Possibly of the outside?

Thanks! Anymore? Possibly of the outside?

No pics deiseen but was in there weekend and looked like substantial amount of work done..i.e. most of heavy stuff done, some work on Windows, doors and low level cladding/stone work left to do.hard to know if new shop be open by Xmas, internal works unknown, I'd guess looking bit tight this stage, my guess, New shop open jan-Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Thank god....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Took this about 1/2 weeks ago. It looks better in real life than the photo and so much better than before. This is a photo of where the Brasserie used to be.
    While I was there I heard a bulder telling someone TK Maxx was going in where the old Burger King was but no idea how true that is.

Advertisement