Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What exchanges do you use?

Options
  • 11-10-2017 4:46pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have a preferred exchange to use or buying/selling/trading etc?

If so, why do you you use them? Rates? Security? Range of currencies?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Coinbase for SEPA transfers and transferring of BTC to Binance. That's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭galway321

I use Kraken only. I find their response times to any queries to be really fast and the fees are low.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Coinbase/GDax (for Fiat to crypto)
    Bitfinex
    Bittrex (my favourite)

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Coinbase/GDax (for Fiat to crypto)
    Bitfinex
    Bittrex (my favourite)

Kraken for SEPA transfers and BTC/ETH to EUR markets. Bittrex for Altcoins. Both work well.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 grazinggreen

BitStamp or Coinbase for Bank transfers and converting back to fiat.

Trading 95% through Bittrex. Also used Poloniex but rarely these days.

Offline storage for the vast majority of my crypto portfolio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Started out with coinbase as it was easy and used debit cards. But once i got used to crypto i switched to Kraken as the fees are much better.

I also use Bittrex for the less well known coins that are not on Kraken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Started out with coinbase as it was easy and used debit cards. But once i got used to crypto i switched to Kraken as the fees are much better.

I also use Bittrex for the less well known coins that are not on Kraken.

If you're with coinbase, can you not just avoid the high fees by using SEPA transfer and buying BTC/ETH/LTC through their Gdax exchange with limit orders (0% fees) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Bitcoin

A combination of Coinbase, Kraken and Bittrex.

Advertisement