Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you hoping to get this year?

• 08-10-2017 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

Think we had a thread like this before so thought I'd start one for this year.

What is everyone hoping to get?

Me, I've no idea really. Only thing I can think of is skincare, gym gear or some baking things. I love baking and haven't been able to do much so hopefully I can get back into it properly after Xmas.

Would love to hear what you'd like to receive, it could be helpful for those of us who might need help/ideas for what to get for our loved ones too :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

Im badly in need of gym gear also, mine is pretty rancid. I also dropped a massive hint to my OH about what I would like for Christmas bt have since forgotten so that may be a surprise.

A pair of bose noise canceling wireless headphones is someone in Spain hadn't won the lotto. My current ones battery don't last a two hour flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I recently booked a January spa weekend with a friend in a moment of "screw my budget" maddness. So a few Euro towards that would be nice. :o

Will be following with interest to see what you gentlemen would like. I've decided to do a mans pamper box for my husband. He works so hard, he could do with a gentle shove towards looking after himself. So far I know I'm gonna get a bag of his fave coffee, Turkish barber voucher, new pillow (although he's like goldilocks. Every pillow is too hard/soft/big/small or is "trying to stab him"). Not sure what else!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Whispered wrote: »

Will be following with interest to see what you gentlemen would like. I've decided to do a mans pamper box for my husband. He works so hard, he could do with a gentle shove towards looking after himself. So far I know I'm gonna get a bag of his fave coffee, Turkish barber voucher, new pillow (although he's like goldilocks. Every pillow is too hard/soft/big/small or is "trying to stab him"). Not sure what else!

On this, I have a monthly subscription to Sprezzabox and I LOVE it. It's €30 a month or so (or you can pay for 6 or 12 months up front- check it here) and every month I get new socks, a tie/bowtie, usually some kind of jewellery like a tie bar, lapel pin or bracelet and them some little mini toiletries. Last month I got a pair of headphones, I've also gotten lovely little leather wallets, etc. If you're looking for something different might be worth a go.

Personally we'll just have gotten married so I'm not expecting anything much. I'd love a hybrid smartwatch (looks like a normal watch-no touchscreen- and it just give a very subtly buzz on your wrist when you get a call or text), or an upgrade on my Xbox One. Neither are that vital though. I'm always happy with my usual gifts of scented things (usually Molton Brown, can't beat it) and little "style" things people find like lapel pins pr whatever. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I told my OH I didn't want gifts this year that I wanted memories instead like a city break or something a few days somewhere in Ireland that we have never been
    Now after reading the posts above you's have me thinking I wouldn't mind some new gym gear, Dolce and Gabbana light blue perfume and some Real Technique make up brushes maybe a new cosy dressing gown too :)

I am thinking for himself some Spurs stuff, some aftershave, an electric toothbrush, some Ryder Cup stuff for 2018 tournament and I'm hoping to make my own selection box for him full of chocolate he likes plus some oldskool chocolate then stuff for his stocking too

Old goodies is a great idea!! Plus an electric toothbrush, I'd like one of them.

I guess your OH is sports mad? Here's a idea for anyone with a sports mad significant other. I had about 60-70 rugby jerseys clogging up the place and my OH was getting pee'd off as I never wear them Half were from my playing days, allot sentimental as I worked very hard for a few of them. Anyway I picked three to keep untouched. Binned anymore I have not attachement too, most were pressies, and the ones I had an attachment too she got made into a massive quilt which we use camping etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Haven't thought of Christmas yet lol

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

This will be really helpful for me as I have to make a list and give it to Santa ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I'm just going to gatecrash this forum cos I LOVE Christmas! :D

No idea what I want but have decided that I'm getting the other half flight vouchers....which is kinda a present to myself in a way as I'm hoping he'll get the hint of "we need a holiday" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭gifted

Two weeks of snow and a fridge full of Christmassy food and treats....and gadgets...lol

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I'm just going to gatecrash this forum cos I LOVE Christmas! :D
    You're not gatecrashing!!

Everyone who loves Christmas is welcome here. :)

• Advertisement

gifted wrote: »
    Two weeks of snow and a fridge full of Christmassy food and treats....and gadgets...lol

So much this. Bucketing down snow from the 17th Dec would suit me fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭LushiousLips

SarahLil wrote: »
    Dolce and Gabbana light blue perfume

This perfume is on my list too :o:o

This perfume is on my list too :o:o

I wouldn't mind trying the new intense one either :)

Jude13 wrote: »
    Old goodies is a great idea!! Plus an electric toothbrush, I'd like one of them.

I guess your OH is sports mad? Here's a idea for anyone with a sports mad significant other. I had about 60-70 rugby jerseys clogging up the place and my OH was getting pee'd off as I never wear them Half were from my playing days, allot sentimental as I worked very hard for a few of them. Anyway I picked three to keep untouched. Binned anymore I have not attachement too, most were pressies, and the ones I had an attachment too she got made into a massive quilt which we use camping etc.

Jude he is sports mad
    Brilliant idea about the jerseys might have to rob that idea one day

Advertisement