Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny 2 - Super Good Advice

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah they're rare, I needed two and it cost me a fortune

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I burned through a huge chunk of my glimmer trying to get some. Think I have 2 or 3 now that I'm holding on to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just farm public events/pickup patrols for plenty of glimmer :D

Also I still have the knack for the ould exotics, 4-5 heroic public events = exotic engram for me :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Just farm public events/pickup patrols for plenty of glimmer :D

Also I still have the knack for the ould exotics, 4-5 heroic public events = exotic engram for me :D

Mine has been very "feast or famine". One point I got 2 within 3 events of each other, another time I was doing them for a good hour and a half before getting one.

Public Events are a case of diminishing returns at this stage, got an exotic this morning and it decrypted the same boots I was wearing except 3 LL lower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,007 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bought that weird Warlock Chest piece the other week.

Put it into the inventory of my Warlock yesterday.

Got an exotic engram from completing the story mode yesterday - Same stupid chest piece.
    Got an exotic engram from a Raid chest (underbelly) yesterday - Same stupid chest piece.

FFS BUNGO.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

jesus lads its a fair pain to push past 283 , all these reset milestones and i cant get an engram higher than what i have equipt and all im getting is 277 blue which are too low to infuse , any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jesus lads its a fair pain to push past 283 , all these reset milestones and i cant get an engram higher than what i have equipt and all im getting is 277 blue which are too low to infuse , any advice?

There's some advice here cause someone else asked:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057789685

• Registered Users Posts: 45,007 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Milestones should provide powerful legendary engrams that are 5 light over your current score (minus mods) or plus 10 in the case of an exotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

The Milestone legendary items may not have a mod attached.
    Mods add +5 to your light levels. So all your other gear may have mods on them.

You need to check the Milestone gear and see what it would come in at with a mod attached.

• Advertisement

Amanda Holiday will convert 3x of your same blue crucible transmat effects into a random legenrady transmat effect if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Any advice on how to catch up on more for someone who didn't play Destiny 1?

fixxxer wrote: »
    Any advice on how to catch up on more for someone who didn't play Destiny 1?

For what, like Storyline stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

For what, like Storyline stuff?

Sorry, yeah. Story line, background lore that kind of thing.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Sorry, yeah. Story line, background lore that kind of thing.

Here ya go. Maybe a bit long but it's comprehensive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Amanda Holiday will convert 3x of your same blue crucible transmat effects into a random legenrady transmat effect if you want

Cool, didnt know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

The is:dupe and is:dupelower filters are great for identifying duplicates to shard in DIM.

nevelator wrote: »
    The is:dupe and is:dupelower filters are great for identifying duplicates to shard in DIM.

I need this. How does it work?
    Not sure I'm using the right app. I just typed in DIM into Google and downloaded what came up probably along with a ton of malware

As much as Phone Apps are great and all, DIM is worth while using on a Tablet or Laptop if you can as you can seriously blitz tidying up your Inventory. Don't forget: stuff with yellow borders have Legendary Mods

• Advertisement

Cool that's the one I'm using. Didn't realise it had such advanced features I've just been using it to switch gear between characters.

Actually - this shows a better example of how to transfer and shard all your junk:
    https://twitter.com/ThisIsDIM/status/913974089198526465

Found this levelling up infographic

HOvS4Mk.png

syboit wrote: »

Forgot to mention the frustrating part when other morons come along and try to steal your kills, you tend not to get as much done then.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

Hopefully this is the right place:

Just started destiny 2 on PS4 the free version. What would be the best package to buy unlock all the previous content?

Also can destiny 1 raids be done on D2?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lahas

My introduction to this game took place in 2020, and since then the game has undergone significant changes and unquestionable improvements, which is not unimportant for games of this type. 

Advertisement