Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny 2 Iron Banner

• 06-10-2017 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭

Finally, one of my favourite video game events returns, albeit with some changes

Begins: October 10, 2AM Pacific
    Ends: October 17, 2AM Pacific

The game is Control.

What’s different?
    Combat will be between two teams of four players
    Your fighting abilities, not your power levels, will decide the outcome
    Bounties and Ranks have been replaced with an Iron Banner Engram

How can you compete?
    Complete the Destiny 2 campaign – the only way to reach the Tower
    Visit Lord Saladin in the Tower to begin the Iron Banner Quest
    Fight in the Iron Banner playlist with Quickplay modes and matchmaking

What’s in it for you?
    Earn Iron Banner Tokens in every match (earn more if you win)
    Daily and Season* Milestones that track your progress to glory
    Claim brand new armor wrought in the forges of the Iron Lords

Iron_Banner_Gear.gif?cv=3983621215&av=3582969428

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

That armour is gorgeous. Best looking armour in game, for me. Clearly influenced by Samurai warriors. May now have a reason to get the 3rd character through the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

We can now all look like Samurai's. Great looking gear sets all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

LF3M to play For Honor

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Earn Iron Banner Tokens in every match (earn more if you win)

This is quite good imo. You can go on some pretty soul destroying loss streaks playing solo. It all seems to balance out in the end but when you've lost 5 in a row you question the sanity of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

That armour is gorgeous. Best looking armour in game, for me. Clearly influenced by Samurai warriors. May now have a reason to get the 3rd character through the campaign.

For once I prefer the warlock to the titan, but whats with all the fur. Hopefully the guns will be good too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

That gear looks pretty nice!

Maybe we can kiss and make up Generic and run PvP teams.... you know... on Tuesdays and Wednesday nights :p

• Registered Users Posts: 44,993 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Erm.... Weapons?

Erm.... Weapons?

You already have some weapons.
    Iron Banner is about finding new and exciting ways to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,993 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

You already have some weapons.
    Iron Banner is about finding new and exciting ways to use them.

....by playing normal control?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

The gear is savage! Warlock gear above (and in general throughout D2 dare I say) is fantastic.

I hope that's there's enough incentive with the token system to keep players in games and not quit at the first signs of defeat.

• Advertisement

....by playing normal control?

Bungie Hotfix

> Have added Supremacy into the IB Playlist based on Community Feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I need to run through with my Hunter too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

the thing I think I like most about the titan armour is that he has shoulder pads that are cool looking and fit the bill in what a titan is supposed to be but there stupidly big like a lot of the armour seems to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

This could not have come at a better time for me. I am gonna ding 20 tonight, and mrs is gone on holidays for 2 weeks. I will need to have the controller surgically removed. That armour is amazing looking

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Really loving those titan gauntlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

New map being added for IB. Distant Shores. Will be in all playlist once IB ends.

Angron wrote: »
    Really loving those titan gauntlets.

Pulse with the Striker sub-class that gives you another?

Edit: I somehow read "gauntlets" and it translated to "grenades" in my mind, hence the confusion.

Can you use Irob banner to gear for raid? No idea on the light levels for it etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Has anyone played IB yet? Is it live on reset or 6pm? Curious to know is there a separate milestone for powerful gear.

Can you use Irob banner to gear for raid? No idea on the light levels for it etc

You can use anything to be perfectly honest, even blue gear

• Advertisement

You can use anything to be perfectly honest, even blue gear

Sorry potatoed my question, what I meant to say is will it get me to the light level needed? But cool if you can even use blue gear to get to that number

Sorry potatoed my question, what I meant to say is will it get me to the light level needed? But cool if you can even use blue gear to get to that number

Almost any activity will get you there. The Raid is 260 -> 280. Blues from anything will drop all the way up to 265.
    Only once you hit 265 do you need to alter course. At THAT point you want to focus on your Milestones, particularly Powerful Engrams that you get from Milestones and Clan stuff.
    Essentially, just keep playing the game and you'll be fine. Once you hit 265, focus Milestones and the 4 Blue Quests on each of the 4 planets

Almost any activity will get you there. The Raid is 260 -> 280. Blues from anything will drop all the way up to 265.
    Only once you hit 265 do you need to alter course. At THAT point you want to focus on your Milestones, particularly Powerful Engrams that you get from Milestones and Clan stuff.
    Essentially, just keep playing the game and you'll be fine. Once you hit 265, focus Milestones and the 4 Blue Quests on each of the 4 planets

Gotcha, thanks man

For after you hit 265, have a read of this...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057789685

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

First IB game, slaughtered by a clan

Second IB game, join in halfway through being slaughtered by a clan. 3 of us for most of it, felt like we were being spawn camped

Third game, mixed teams, we basically do laps of the map capturing flags and not really seeing each other. Lost by one point I think.

Whats really the point of IB if the level advantage is gone? Was that not its selling point in D1? I'm not getting the pitch here.

I thought the real selling point of IB was to level up but that's not really here in D2 as there's a lot of ways to get to 305. I mean if I'm getting destroyed by clans every second game it will lose it's allure pretty fast.

*vague hand waving*

You guys just wouldn't understand it...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    Has anyone played IB yet? Is it live on reset or 6pm? Curious to know is there a separate milestone for powerful gear.

Yeah played a few round at lunch, theres 2 questlines and I only recall one having powerful gear and the other having rep bundle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Tazzimus wrote: »
    First IB game, slaughtered by a clan

Second IB game, join in halfway through being slaughtered by a clan. 3 of us for most of it, felt like we were being spawn camped

Third game, mixed teams, we basically do laps of the map capturing flags and not really seeing each other. Lost by one point I think.

Lucky you didnt get put in against me I was on fire, had a 4.4 effiency when I jumped off :D

Had a few games and its a bit frantic in most games for some reason. Won by a landslide on a few of the games too.

Advertisement