Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindhunter [Netflix]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I've been looking forward to this.

Drops on Friday, October 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Trailer... Looks excellent.

That was a truly excellent trailer.

• Advertisement

Final trailer before it drops this Friday.

Really looking forward to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Final trailer before it drops this Friday.

Really looking forward to this one.

Looks great. Any reviews out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

den87 wrote: »
    Looks great. Any reviews out?

I really wouldn't think much of that at all, trailer has given it all away aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Trailers look good. I'll be giving this a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

On the 3rd episode and it's very good.

It's a while since I really liked a series which I didn't want to end.

• Advertisement

Hoping we get all that bad weather on Sunday so I can sit in by the fire for the day and watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

4 Episodes In after 1 night.

This show is good!

NOT FOR KIDS!

oh, and as far as episode 4 goes..
    my guess is that the wife did it in this latest case

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'll give this a watch, even if I think it looks a tad obvious and familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I heard Maria mention it on TodayFM, btw how much is Netflix & did i hear there was an increase?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

anyone notice the cans of Big Red in episode 4 were modern with the ringless tab and the tapered top and bottom?

Episode 8 and the show is really keeping my interest roughly at a level around or a bit more than the early episodes.

After that episode though, i'm starting to wonder if
    something happened to Holden from before the show. The episode was focussed on him, stuff getting him down and then his actions against the principal at the end. There's two episodes left to be introducing this story development.

Just finished episode 8
    If the principal is sacked, he might upgrade his tickling to something else.
    I'm wondering about the cat which hasn't made an appearance but eats the tuna,
    is there something more to this as they spent a few times on part of this story

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Neames

4 episodes in and I think this is a great show.

Just finished. Top series!
    Well f**k me, that scene in the ICU... that moment.. after Kemper moves but before the hug

the tension and realisation of how trapped he is, the tense soundtrack in the background

I think I genuinely felt dread

Some directing to do that! :eek:
    Also, with that ending, I'm guessing there's gonna be a second season and that guy we've been seeing is the guy they are going after.

Just checked how the series is scoring:
    rotten tomatoes - critics: 96% (26 reviews) audience: 94% (186 ratings)
    imdb: 9.1/10 (1,919 reviews)

• Advertisement

It's already renewed for a second season since April! :eek:
    Netflix has renewed David Fincher thriller Mindhunter for a second season, before it even launches
    http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/news/a825501/netflix-renews-david-fincher-thriller-mindhunter-second-season/

fair call

Slydice wrote: »
    Just finished. Top series!
    Well f**k me, that scene in the ICU... that moment.. after Kemper moves but before the hug

the tension and realisation of how trapped he is, the tense soundtrack in the background

I think I genuinely felt dread

Some directing to do that! :eek:
    Also, with that ending, I'm guessing there's gonna be a second season and that guy we've been seeing is the guy they are going after.

Just checked how the series is scoring:
    rotten tomatoes - critics: 96% (26 reviews) audience: 94% (186 ratings)
    imdb: 9.1/10 (1,919 reviews)

Great ending to a great series. What to watch after that.

I saw on IMDb that it was renewed for 2nd series.
    Holden could easily have made his end by Kemper hands. Think it's the first time I saw Holden really scared and hadn't a clue what to do. Anyone would have a panic attack after that.
    ADT guy - guessing his crimes will be shown in series 2 and another guess, maybe Wendy Carr or someone we know as a potential prey for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Four episodes in... absolutely loving it.

And because I like to spoil things for myself, I searched the suspicious security guy... this is him.

The only nitpick I have with the series is the location title cards. They're a bit too in-your-face. I mean, I do get the 70s aesthetic, but I cringe everytime they show up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

This has series of the year vibes off it. Very engrossing.

Páidí Ó Sé is great in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Only 2 episodes in.. taking it as slowly as possible.. but I reckon it could be the best original series Netflix has done yet.

Also, the music is great. Whoever made the decision to close the 2nd episode with Psycho Killer by Talking Heads.. genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Really enjoying this.

Watched the first episode and it's off to a great start.

Had a look to see who is playing Debbie and found out she is Constable Benton Fraser daughter :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Another +1 from me, brilliant show. Put it on yesterday to see what all the fuss was about and finished the last episode a few minutes ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

So after reading this, I decided to give it a try and now I'm hooked on it.

Groff is doing an excellent job here, he always will be Jesse St. James to me, but this is showing how good of an actor he is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

me_irl wrote: »
    Four episodes in... absolutely loving it.

And because I like to spoil things for myself, I searched the suspicious security guy... this is him.

The only nitpick I have with the series is the location title cards. They're a bit too in-your-face. I mean, I do get the 70s aesthetic, but I cringe everytime they show up.

Hmm...

On episode nine now and I think I may have jumped the "hype" gun.

I feel it's dragging towards the end. Filler episodes that are anime-worthy with little to no character development and falling in to the case-per-episode formula á la X Files.

For example,
    Wendy being a lesbian. Does it matter? She could have just uprooted her life and decided to move without the break up that we weren't invested in before, nor afterwards.

I think I would have preferred if this series was just six or eight episodes.

Advertisement