Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny 2 Sherpafest (PS4 Leviathan: Oct 17th-23rd)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭riggerman

MADMADRA32 here , still haven't finished the raid . Will be available Saturday evening/ night for someone to drag my behind through. Currently at 296 light .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I say we still go ahead with the week mentioned in the thread title, despite the Prestige Raid being pushed back to the same week. Maybe those of us who want to give Prestige a shot can do it the Tuesday and focus on some of the other 6 evenings to be Sherpaing. Bringing it forward a week would be a bit hasty imho and pushing it back a week will mean lack of interest and the play base slowly dwindling realistically.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I say we still go ahead with the week mentioned in the thread title, despite the Prestige Raid being pushed back to the same week. Maybe those of us who want to give Prestige a shot can do it the Tuesday and focus on some of the other 6 evenings to be Sherpaing. Bringing it forward a week would be a bit hasty imho and pushing it back a week will mean lack of interest and the play base slowly dwindling realistically.

Im not pushed with Prestige mode at the moment TBH so I can fire ahead with Sherpa Runs on the tuesday.

Also didnt I see that the prestige mode isnt available until Wednesday? 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,972 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm quite happy to give Sherpa-Fest Priority. Prestiege feels like it will be a lot of banging my head against a wall for no reason - a new shader and an aura IF we complete it? Yay?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

I would like to be a sherpee as well please. Just shy of 300 but have not tried raid at all yet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'm quite happy to give Sherpa-Fest Priority. Prestiege feels like it will be a lot of banging my head against a wall for no reason - a new shader and an aura IF we complete it? Yay?

Is there new armour for it too?

jonnycivic wrote: »

I think so, but it has no new perks (from what I have heard) so it is just a different cosmetic.

No new weapons, no new armour perks and no light level increase.

Apart from saying you have done it, I don't see what the goal of doing it is?

After you have completed it once what is the point of running it again when normal mode will be easier and basically just as rewarding.

EDIT: Sorry, not suitable conversation for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »

Yeah, though it's just the NM set with a different shader, I think.

I think so, but it has no new perks (from what I have heard) so it is just a different cosmetic.

No new weapons, no new armour perks and no light level increase.

Apart from saying you have done it, I don't see what the goal of doing it is?

After you have completed it once what is the point of running it again when normal mode will be easier and basically just as rewarding.

Yeah unless you need to have the armour I see no point.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭McMafia77

Would be very grateful for a guide through the auld raid. Preferably Friday or Saturday night current light 293

• Advertisement

I'm going to edit in an excel table into my OP a little later.... mmmmmm....

I'm going to edit in an excel table into my OP a little later.... mmmmmm....

Jesus dont get too excited man. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dr Rod Doom

Can I get in as a Sherpee? No Raids done in D2 yet, I'm at about 293 now, should be up a bit by next week after Iron Banner, hopefully
    I'll be online about 9:30/ 10:00 on Friday or a bit earlier on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Gladly help out if stuck for numbers to help anyone new.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'd like to be taken through the Raid.

I'm level 301 at I think but I haven't attempted this new Raid yet. Unfortunately it is hard to get the 3 or so hours required so my best chance is weekend evening/night.

PSN - The40Watt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Hey lads,
    I'll be around this weekend - haven't finished the raid yet.
    I've done the Gauntlet, Pleasure Garden and Calus.

Let me know if there are spots available.

Hey lads,
    I'll be around this weekend - haven't finished the raid yet.
    I've done the Gauntlet, Pleasure Garden and Calus.

Let me know if there are spots available.

not that you can't run the raid this weekend.... but this sherpafest is planned for starting Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Ahh... I misread the dated, thanks Mitch. Those dates probably suit me a little better actually :)

Ahh... I misread the dated, thanks Mitch. Those dates probably suit me a little better actually :)

well if your looking for a run I wouldn't mind doing a run on Sunday evening man.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Davie_m

I would be keen to do some sherpa / experienced fire team member

Have 3-4 completions

As I'm in a different time zone .. can only commit to Friday & Saturday nights 8 pm ish onwards.

All characters 300 +
    PSN : dmehigan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Davie_m wrote: »
    I would be keen to do some sherpee / experienced fire team member

Have 3-4 completions

As I'm in a different time zone .. can only commit to Friday & Saturday nights 8 pm ish onwards.

All characters 300 +

You in Canada as well. Half the clan must over there by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Davie_m

Davie_m wrote: »
    I would be keen to do some sherpee / experienced fire team member

Have 3-4 completions

All characters 300 +

You in Canada as well. Half the clan must over there by now.

On the other side again .. down in Melbourne !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I’ll throw my name down to be carried through. 287 hunter. Watch led a few of ye livestream the raid, and seen a few tactics vids. Probably remember none of it! I’ll be available Thurs & Fri night from 8 or 9.

Gonna craic on and organise this now.
    I'm still without power, don't know who else is, so perhaps a slight leaning towards later in the week would be best.
    Will try and give each group an even spread of Sherpa/Experienced/Newbies alike as that has previously thrown a bit of a spanner in the works.
    Obviously if plans change or people need to swap around, just throw up a post for transparency sake.

Just did a count there and we have
    • 5 Sherpas
    • 13 Newbies
    • 10 Experienced

So it's probably gonna be 6 -> 7 runs.
    Realistically it would be good to have 2x 2x 2x in each group in terms in of player
    experience types

PSN/Boards Name Exp Level Availability
    GenericDreadHead Sherpa Weekday evenings after 8pm and weekends from 6pm
    Conovar Sherpa -
    JonnyCivic Sherpa Most evening from 6ish
    Dudeeile Sherpa Evenings from 7pm.
    Wonda-boy Sherpa -
    Yakuza Newbie 8PM starts are fine for me
    DoctorJimbob Newbie Evenings at 6 or 7 except Monday and Wednesday
    ginger_hammer Newbie -
    Petking Newbie Weeknights
    DeadlyByDesign Newbie -
    Daithi_Zarkov68 Newbie Available 17th & 18th October from 21:30.
    Terryc63 Newbie -
    Longford_Leader Newbie Online from 9.30/10pm any night.
    Maxiburke Newbie -
    Roadie_2013 Newbie -
    Dr_Rod_Doom Newbie 9:30/ 10:00 on Friday or a bit earlier on Sunday
    The40Watt Newbie -
    OnlyTobes Newbie Available Wed to Sat next week, 8pm onwards.
    SolvableKnave Experienced Evenings from 9pm.
    CDBWhoop Experienced Evenings from 9.
    Totzeire1 Experienced -
    L_Carruth Experienced -
    Goon_Magee Experienced Preferably weekend runs, one Friday, one Saturday.
    MadMadra32 Experienced Available Saturday evening/night
    McMafia77 Experienced Friday or Saturday night
    ChimpAhoy Experienced -
    Dmehigan Experienced Friday & Saturday nights 8 pm ish onwards.
    Notorious Experienced Thurs & Fri night from 8 or 9.

I can't play Saturday night. All other nights should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I may be available from 9:30 Wednesday and Thursday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Okay so as I'm down as a sherpa, I may as well try to get this kick started, anyone on tonight?

Unless with get 2 noobs then there's not point running this tonight so we can then just hold off until tomorrow.

Gauntlet first up :eek: followed by Dogs then Baths. My time is flex so just post up if you're interested and the latest you can start. We will try to dedicate 2hrs for this tonight and see how things go.

Generics post above has all signups to date, it's not too late if you still want in.

See jonnys post

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ginger_hammer

Newbie question - how long does the raid take if all goes according to plan?

Could be done in an hour, but for a sherpa group I reckon last room at the 2 hour mark, with a few attempts to run it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Best plan on having dinner at 8:30am in the morning to give you a clear run of the day.

Advertisement