Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snowfall - FX

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

WTF? BBC buying in American drama? When did that last happen with any effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

WTF? BBC buying in American drama? When did that last happen with any effect?

BBC 2 have showed or will show some Ryan Murphy's shows i.e American Crime Story and Feud etc.,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I watched ep1 and it passed my would-i-watch-more test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I'v watched the first season and its not bad but falls into the will it get renewed category. While this show starts off strong its turns rather meh until the final three episodes. The biggest problem with this show for me, is that only one of the three story arcs (Franklin) is anyway interesting with the other two getting way more screen time than they should for very little return.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I gave this a watch last night and enjoyed it.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

I liked episode two from last night. I enjoy the use of music on the show. It has got me interested anyway.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

Really enjoying it ,the chemistry between gustava and the lady is well done

The CIA guy is so irritating overacting in every scene

I just caught up with the latest episode. It is moving along well. The actor playing Franklin is very good.

The series finale was last night as part of a double bill. I thought it was a very good series although reviews seem to be more mixed.

It is on RTE 2 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Does anyone know why Rte have stopped uploading this to RTE player on ep5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Miscreanter

Season 2 is motoring very well

The CIA guy is doing a Dustin Hoffman.If he's not saying something he's twitching his face.I can't stand that overacting.

Series two must be coming soon on BBC two then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Henryhill2

I'd give season 2 a 6.5/10

fast forwarded through the last episode

I hope they start thinking outside the box a little for the next season,so much routine shows on TV now

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Anyone have an idea where I can catch up on this? It’s up to s1ep7 on rte 2 but nothing on catch up.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Henryhill2

Reminds me a bit of Ozark

It's got the Mexicans the police the DEA and the blacks

Ozark has the Mexicans the DEA the police and the hillbillies

All the same kind of regurgitated nonsense being churned out

Series Two starts on BBC Two tonight at 10.50.

I watched the season 2 finale on BBC last night. I enjoyed this season.

One thing that irked me was:
    Franklin's character arc. I liked him last season but found him very difficult to warm to this season. His smugness, condescending attitude towards his friends, even the way he was swearing at his mother when she didn't want to accept his money offer, he came across like an arse. I can only assume this was the idea - to show that he was getting to big for his boots - but what I liked about the prison episode is how we can see him slowly losing his softer side. I feel it would have been better to have done this metamorphosis earlier in the season. I'd feel sadder about Franklin losing his softer side, if not for the fact that it didn't seem all that soft this season! I found myself glad he got arrested - although I had warmed to him more by the end of the season.

I will miss Oso, assuming he is dead. I liked Teddy more this season, and enjoyed the introduction of his brother Matt. Interested to see what happens with Lucia from here. One thing I think the show could use is a strong antagonist. Someone that arrives on the scene and starts to present themselves as a rival. Perhaps the guys that beat up Franklin could become on the side of such a person. That's what I'd like to see next season.

I like the show. Hope the BBC continue to show it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Started watching this a couple of weeks ago and just finished Season 2. Has it been renewed?

Season 1 I thought was a bit all over the place and Franklin's story was the only one worth pursuing. Teddy's arc has got more interesting this season though - must be a beard thing. Hoping the Oso/Lucia story is done as I never really got in to it.

I like a few of the supporting cast too such as Jerome and the lunatic Avi provides a bit of comic relief.

Overall, I'd be a fan but as someone pointed out I'll be hoping for an antagonist next season, presumably the Mexicans. Very impressed with the Idris guy playing Franklin and the soundtrack is excellent.

• Advertisement

Very good, you'd have to fancy series 3 is on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Reisers

hows this going so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Just finished Season 3, it's good but I found it a bit of a slog at times. Some storylines let it down and I found myself losing interest as they switched between them.

Season 4 has been renewed. I'll watch it for sure but won't be counting down the days.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Enjoyed the first 2, didn't know where season 3 was going. Dunno if I'd watch another.

Season 3 begins on BBC 2 tonight with a double header from 10:30pm.

I'm watching this on BBC 2 and so I think I'm halfway through season 3 at this point. I'll use spoiler tags for my thoughts on it so far:
    I mentioned how I didn't like Franklin's character turn last season but he's become way worse this season. I really can't stand him now, and to make matters worse the rest of his family circle have become very unlikeable to me too. Even his parents seem to have gone all in on everything. I don't know if I'm supposed to be against them, but that's how I'm feeling this season. There's a scene in the recent episode where his mother rebukes her former boss for not taking care of black people, and I'm going, 'lady, your son is selling crack to the neighbourhood, and you're okay with this.'

Teddy and Gustavo don't seem to have any depth, while Lucia is missed on the show; I don't know if the actress quit or what.

Characters I like most this season are the cop Andre, and his daughter. But without looking ahead I am getting the sense it's not going to end well for them. If I had to guess I'd say Franklin or Jerome will end up shooting him and that will be the cliffhanger ending. Hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

Season 4 is back. It's OK. An easy watch but it's not hanging together the way it used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭conor678

I have flown through all 4 seasons of this. I think this is a brilliant show. Really picks up in season 3 and 4. Looking forward to season 5

• Advertisement

Series 4 begins on BBC Two May 9th but not until 11 PM which is later than previously.

Advertisement