Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

World Grand Prix 2017 (1-7 Oct)

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

jamesbere wrote: »
    Saw that, a bit stupid

Imagine if he did that to Taylor, would love see the reaction

• Registered Users Posts: 36,050 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

He's a nasty piece of work. It's always been obvious.

If this was anywhere but in Dublin, I reckon the crowd would be on his back big time and God help him if he gets in Premier league as they will target him...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

raiders11 wrote: »
    Imagine if he did that to Taylor, would love see the reaction

Definitely a few verbals exchanged if that happened

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Wasn't pushed on who I would prefer to.win pre match,but Gurney's antics would make ya turn off,

C'mon simon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

hes a hatefull character

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Really annoying the carry on after every turn from gurney... just go get your fupping darts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

He is such a bellend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

He's an awful clown alright but I can't help rooting for him for some reason.
    Deserved to win tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,050 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Deserved win for Gurney. The better player.

He's utterly hateable though.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    Deserved win for Gurney. The better player.

He's utterly hateable though.

Totally echo that..... Would reckon, the Premier league beckons now and he is in for a shock

raiders11 wrote: »
    Totally echo that..... Would reckon, the Premier league beckons now and he is in for a shock

I'll turn off every match he's in,can be watching the that rubbish after throws

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Every sport needs a villain.

True, we all watch, to see the villain get beat aka Bristow, Taylor n MVG but the amount of Irish that were happy to see Gurney beat is worrying for him on foreign shores in the future...
    He not worried though, 100k better off tonight n on tonight, well done but in my opinion, it will be as good as it gets n he gonna suffer at future tourneys

• Registered Users Posts: 37,760 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I thought Paul Nicholson was the bad boy of darts ???

I met him at an exhibition a few years ago and he was a really nice guy and admitted all the bad boy antics was all an act endorsed by SKY. He never made it as a top player

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I thought Paul Nicholson was the bad boy of darts ???

I met him at an exhibition a few years ago and he was a really nice guy and admitted all the bad boy antics was all an act endorsed by SKY. He never made it as a top player

I don't think I've seen the same type of dislike that I see for Gurney.

With Manley and Hankey, it was pantomime stuff, they'd completely wind up the crowd and get the whole place going. Entertaining, and clearly an act. With Nicholson, it was the cheeky irreverent stuff, again kinda entertaining. Lewis has had crowds turn on him, I feel a bit sorry for him tbh.

But Gurney, it's like it's not an act to rile the crowd, it's not the little cheeky kid, it's not socially awkward...it's almost some naturally boorish ugly thing.

He's had a remarkable win. What's even more remarkable is that he is so off putting, that itself, rather than the win, is drawing the biggest reaction.

It's definitely not a plus point on his watchabillity aspect, social media is huge now and plays a part,and it turned against him last ngt.

Enough of the talking to the board,head down slow walk,kiss your medal,we've seen enough of it now,we know the score.

Let your darts do the talking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

It's just the orange man character, they are all negative twats.

Advertisement