Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

PTH2009 wrote:
    Fair play to him the man looks like a walking heart attack

He did not look healthy whatsoever talking after the barney match. Great win for him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

He did not look healthy whatsoever talking after the barney match. Great win for him

Big john fair play delighted for him and the nice few bob he will pick up :)
    You wouldnt want him around for xmas dinner the man could eat a horse.joking aside delighted its nice to see the lesser players make a impact.

fair play to gurney and i hope he wins it but re really does lose it when he wins . Thornton wanted to smash something over his head, didn't look like they shook hands at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Gurney is turning into a clown.. This whole looking at the dartboard for 2/3 before taking his darts out is a joke.. He's turning into the player you love to hate very quickly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Gurney is turning into a clown.. This whole looking at the dartboard for 2/3 before taking his darts out is a joke.. He's turning into the player you love to hate very quickly

He has a bit of that about him but darts needs a few characters.

gramar wrote:
    He has a bit of that about him but darts needs a few characters.

Oh of course it does but it just annoys me so much.. And the fact he's suddenly "Irish" this week too when he's passed himself as English at lakeside a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Oh of course it does but it just annoys me so much.. And the fact he's suddenly "Irish" this week too when he's passed himself as English at lakeside a few years ago

Well said krusty

c'mon big John

Fúckin hell...that was some set from Hendo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Wrong thread Gramar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

To be fair if you leave out the "turning into" bits it's a much more accurate assessment of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Being a bit of a dickhead against Thornton is pretty much a positive in my book, and he did counter it by showing due respect to Henderson in the semi-final. Has clearly worked hard at his game after appearing to be stuck in the 17-32 ranking bracket for years.
    Great walk-on as well. Will be cheering him on tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

cant take to gurney at all
    love sky trying to make him into plastic paddy
    like they did with dolan for years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

sc86 wrote:
    cant take to gurney at all love sky trying to make him into plastic paddy like they did with dolan for years

The PDC Twitter page then says it's Britain against Australia. Make up yer minds lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

His Facebook has him from Londonderry ,that's his own personal account,so he's no southie,but he's not claiming to be,it's sky doing that,he's northern Irish,simple as that.

Hope it's a exciting final regardless who wins

Nervy first set

Nervy first set

How is the ref not pulling Gurney up for this behavior??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Simon's gotta make it a issue I think

• Advertisement

Well done mr guerney , great game

Willie O Connor in to the last 8 of today's players championship. A great run, beating some good players

Willie just beat Peter Wright 6-2 . In the semis now. Brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

The PDC Twitter page then says it's Britain against Australia. Make up yer minds lads.

Well considering Northern Ireland is in neither Britain or Australia I'm going to go out on a limb and say whoever wrote the tweet hasn't the first clue what they are talking about!

Personally I couldn't give a hoot what country he is from, whether he considers himself Irish or British or whether he is catholic or protestant, because at the end of the day he is simply a prat!

Couldn't care less myself, just found it odd they kept referring to him as the hometown lad ect, Daryls a unionist and certainly would not like to be labled Irish.

Rob Cross put a stop to Willie's run today, and ended up beating Lewis in final. 3 tournament wins now for cross in his debut year, number 32 in the world now.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

Willie O Connor in to the last 8 of today's players championship. A great run, beating some good players

Is there any way to view this comp? I subscribed last month to the PDC website but finding the 'content not available in your country' a bit nonsense. Couldn't even view the Dublin Grand Prix which beggers why I even subscribed.

I usually watched archived catch up's via Youtube channels, DartsFab, Sportixer etc but it appears Sky have hammered down and put to an end to it as of last month, very disappointing.

FineAle wrote:
    Is there any way to view this comp? I subscribed last month to the PDC website but finding the 'content not available in your country' a bit nonsense. Couldn't even view the Dublin Grand Prix which beggers why I even subscribed.

You should definitely be able to watch today, and tomorrow's darts if you have an active subscription.

Anything that's on tv here and in the UK will be geo blocked on the website.

Betting sites show it too but I think you have to place a bet on the event, not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

He isn't even playing in the German leg of the world series, the great max Hopp got the invite instead! Pdc don't like mensur, Not marketable.

He's in the German leg of the World Series after all, not sure who got bumped.
    Starts on Friday night on ITV4, continues over the weekend.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_German_Darts_Masters_(World_Series_of_Darts)

• Advertisement

Interesting Q&A on Van Gerwens Twitter last night. The man is brutally honest

Advertisement