Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ulster vs Connacht Ravenhill Fri 06/10/2017 7.35 BBC2 NI

• 05-10-2017 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Teams
    Ulster: Ulster Rugby team to play Connacht (Friday 6th October, Kingspan Stadium, 7.35pm):
    (1-8): K McCall, R Herring, W Herbst, A O'Connor, K Treadwell, I Henderson, C Henry (captain), J Deysel;
    (9-15): J Cooney, C Lealiifano, J Stockdale, S McCloskey, L Marshall, T Bowe, C Piutau;
    Replacements (16-23): J Andrew, A Warwick, R Ah You, R Diack, S Reidy, P Marshall, P Nelson, L Ludik.

Connacht: (15-9) Tiernan O’Halloran, Cian Kelleher, Bundee Aki, Tom Farell, Matt Healy, Jack Carty, Kieran Marmion, (1-8) Denis Buckley, Tom McCartney, Finlay Bealham, Ultan Dillane, Quinn Roux, Eoin McKeon, Jarrad Butler, John Muldoon (Capt)
    Replacements (16-23): Dave Heffernan, Denis Coulson, Conor Carey, James Cannon, Eoghan Masterson, Caolin Blade, Steve Crosbie, Eoin Griffin.

There are so many unknowns here. Will Connacht go back to being dreadful, or has there been a progression since KK joined the ranks? Will Ulster bring their Scarlets form or their Zebre form? There are just so many unknowns to this game. One thing is certain, one team is going to come out scarred from this game from a supporters belief point of view. So how do you think this game is going to pan out? I honestly can say I have no idea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Ulster by 10 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Think ulster by 8. Reaction from zebre loss will focus minds

I think this game is going to closely follow the plot of Die Hard 2 with Pienaar playing the part of John McClane in the wrong place at the wrong time collecting a few things before Christmas.

Also starring Anthony Hopkins as David Nucifora.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Venjur wrote: »
    I think this game is going to closely follow the plot of Die Hard 2 with Pienaar playing the part of John McClane in the wrong place at the wrong time collecting a few things before Christmas.

Also starring Anthony Hopkins as David Nucifora.

More like Die hard with a vengeance if Pienaar and Nucifora are in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I worry about the figure that we had something like 45 errors against Zebre. People say "ah they'll not be as bad the next day out". Except it's ulster and it's likely there will be a heap of unforced errors, knock ons etc.

There will be handling errors galore, missed tackles and fecked up lineouts to beat the band. Good old ulster!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

Couple of things. One was Piutau at fullback last week. Lealiifano passes. Its intercepted by a back row Zebre player. He runs to the other end of the pitch and scores. But what was weird about the score was 2 things. One is Piutau couldn't catch him and he was tugged back but what really I found bizarre was he didn't even ask the referee to TMO the decision for the try. He was clearly pulled back. But he really didn't care. Ludik is a far better full back. I actually wonder if Piutau has any pace any more.

mfceiling wrote: »
    I worry about the figure that we had something like 45 errors against Zebre. People say "ah they'll not be as bad the next day out". Except it's ulster and it's likely there will be a heap of unforced errors, knock ons etc.

There will be handling errors galore, missed tackles and fecked up lineouts to beat the band. Good old ulster!!

We'll still win...it's Connacht at Ravenhill...of course Ulster will win...

Seriously though I reckon there will be a reaction and we'll win with a bit to spare. It will still be scrappy no doubt.

bilston wrote: »

Seriously though I reckon there will be a reaction and we'll win with a bit to spare. It will still be scrappy no doubt.
    I posed the question. What would happen if Ulster loses?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Scythica

Nuficora out.

If you mean in terms of the Ulster management, namely Kiss, then nothing will happen. Kiss isn't going anywhere, he might get pushed out the door at the end of the season, but I'd be shocked if he was gone before then unless we lose every game from now until Christmas.

I think we will beat Connacht (and that's not arrogance it's just based on previous experience of Ulster and so Connacht in Belfast) we might even beat Wasps as we are at home on a Friday night against an English team and Wasps aren't great at the moment. The La Rochelle game is the one I'm really interested in. If we can't beat Zebre on the road, surely we can't win there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

429799.jpg

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

We riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Ulster Rugby
    1-8: K McCall, R Herring, W Herbst, A O’Connor, K Treadwell, I Henderson, C Henry (captain), J Deysel;

9-15: J Cooney, C Lealiifano, J Stockdale, S McCloskey, L Marshall, T Bowe, C Piutau;

Replacements (16-23): J Andrew, A Warwick, R Ah You, R Diack, S Reidy, P Marshall, P Nelson, L Ludik.

www.pro14rugby.org/2017/10/05/ulster-tea...-pro-fixture-season/

Connacht:
    15-9: Tiernan O’Halloran; Cian Kelleher, Bundee Aki, Tom Farell, Matt Healy; Jack Carty, Kieran Marmion;

1-8: Denis Buckley, Tom McCartney, Finlay Bealham; Ultan Dillane, Quinn Roux; Eoin McKeon, Jarrad Butler, John Muldoon (Capt).

Replacements (16-23): Dave Heffernan, Denis Coulson, Conor Carey, James Cannon, Eoghan Masterson, Caolin Blade, Steve Crosbie, Eoin Griffin.

www.connachtrugby.ie/marmion-set-for-100...pionship-appearance/

Both sides could badly do with a win

Apologies about lack of tables

So predictions for tonight?

As I said earlier I reckon Ulster by 10.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Records are meant to be broken!!!
    A losing bonus point would be a good outcome for connacht to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Merge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I think that's a reasonable expectation tbh. Ulster are better on paper and I'd expect a reaction after last week.

Connacht may well have as good or a better tight five than Ulster but their game plan is not set up to take advantage.

Bookies have Ulster as 4 to 1 on favourites. I think only the most hardened Ulster fans will be taking those odds. I decided to take the more generous 7/2 odds on Connacht. I'm of the opinion Ulster have looked good on paper for a long time now without delivering much punch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

#Sligo #Folklorethursday Queen Maeve is buried standing up, glaring for all eternity at those pesky Ulster enemies. pic: @gostrandhill https://t.co/dWbIeHdjgb

Hopefully maeve will smile on conn tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Maeve needs to make sure Farrell is on her shoulder for the offload because he has miles in the tank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

C'mon Cunster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

does Bccni have a hd version ?

Elvisjuice wrote: »
    does Bccni have a hd version ?

Only BBC1 NI if I remember right, Ulster are usually on BBC2NI.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Who's the ref?

awec wrote: »
    Only BBC1 NI if I remember right, Ulster are usually on BBC2NI.

thanks

Zzippy wrote: »
    Who's the ref?

Referee: Andrew Brace (IRFU, 28th competition game)
    AR1: Frank Murphy (IRFU). AR2: Paul Haycock (IRFU)
    TMO: Peter Fitzgibbon (IRFU).
    Read more at https://www.pro14rugby.org/referee-appointments/#zCExEg2gC58XS2TY.99

4 IRFU officials for a derby between 2 Irish teams. Ha.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

awec wrote: »
    Referee: Andrew Brace (IRFU, 28th competition game)
    AR1: Frank Murphy (IRFU). AR2: Paul Haycock (IRFU)
    TMO: Peter Fitzgibbon (IRFU).
    Read more at https://www.pro14rugby.org/referee-appointments/#zCExEg2gC58XS2TY.99

4 IRFU officials for a derby between 2 Irish teams. Ha.

No John Lacey.

*cracks open a beer*

Cheers!

jesus brace loves his cards he is a freak for them

Zzippy wrote: »
    No John Lacey.

*cracks open a beer*

Cheers!

No Lacey, no Clancy, can't really complain.

• Advertisement

frank murphy on the line. Game sorted. gwan Connacht

Advertisement