Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

St Helens, Adamstown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Hi all, just a question about these new developments. Sorry if this was already discussed earlier in the thread.

Is there really queues for these houses? I remember hearing about how very few of the new houses at the train station went to new buyers earlier in the year. It doesn't look like any new houses have been built since as there's not that many. I believe it's Alderlie? I know they got rid of the prefab school there for a showroom car park and I haven't seen much since, although it looks like they're building at the train station beside the secondary school now?

I see it looks like they're building at the junction of where you go into the SuperValu side of Adamstown. I used to live in the The Paddocks apartments next to a construction site, are they building there at all or just beside the junction? If I remember correctly beside the Paddocks was a pretty sizeable plot.

There's also some nice looking new houses at Tullyhall, starting from €310k. Some already with people living in and a few more being built.

I've lived in Lucan for 10 years and I'm saving for a mortgage. I'm guessing the chances of getting one of these houses in 2 years is slim? There seems to be so many being built now, are we still on track for having a crisis? Surely not? I'd like to think after working my ass off all these years I'll be able to actually buy one and that they aren't all going to landlords and housing lists. Do people still need to queue outside an estate agent to jump on these?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭lau1247

linhdang wrote: »
    Me too, I haven't see the contract yet. I'm on St Helens chase

My solicitor confirmed receiving the contract last week. Yours should have it also. Best to check with your solicitor to confirm.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Hi all, just a question about these new developments. Sorry if this was already discussed earlier in the thread.

Is there really queues for these houses? I remember hearing about how very few of the new houses at the train station went to new buyers earlier in the year. It doesn't look like any new houses have been built since as there's not that many. I believe it's Alderlie? I know they got rid of the prefab school there for a showroom car park and I haven't seen much since, although it looks like they're building at the train station beside the secondary school now?

Yes there was a queue about 2-3 weeks ago when I brought my parent along to have a look at showhouse of phase II of St.Helens even though I have already book Phase I (because my parent haven't seen it at the time). Though I have to say the queue is not as long as I had anticipated. Not sure about school side of the development so cannot answer on that front.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Evj

Hi all,

To those of you who have received contracts, have any of you signed yet? Or, for those who went back to the builders solicitors with queries, were they answered quickly?

Our contract came in two weeks ago while our solicitor was on holidays so it is only being actioned now and we are only receiving copies today. Our solicitor has gone back with a few "standard queries" but he doesn't think there will be much of a delay in response so he is telling us we will need to sign by the end of next week to receive the kitchen appliances.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 7samurai

I am in the market for a 3 bed house at the min and actually live in Adamstown for the last 8 years. The queues for phase 2 of St Helens where nearly all for the 3 bed terraced houses at 290000 which was i felt was pretty good value . I heard they where all gone that Sat . End of terrace 3 bed at 340000 and another 3 bed over 3 floors where still available 2 weeks later and might even still be available . Somerton havent got any showhouses at all yet but they sold very well from plans . Good location I think. Very little details from except floor plans on the day and mock kitchen and bathroom. Very few 3 bed semi on this phase and where at 340000 .They had to open early on the sat due to a massive queue and these 3 beds where all sold before the official opening time that day . Not sure how well the rest of the development sold . Shackleton park looks like it is nice as well but not sure about location

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Evj wrote: »
    Hi all,

To those of you who have received contracts, have any of you signed yet? Or, for those who went back to the builders solicitors with queries, were they answered quickly?

Our contract came in two weeks ago while our solicitor was on holidays so it is only being actioned now and we are only receiving copies today. Our solicitor has gone back with a few "standard queries" but he doesn't think there will be much of a delay in response so he is telling us we will need to sign by the end of next week to receive the kitchen appliances.

We have not signed the Contracts yet. My solicitor is currently reviewing them and if everything is grand then hopefully, I will sign and pay the deposit next week. Our deadline is 17th October.

Going through the contract documents currently (A lot of reading kinda make me sleepy :o), other than the general queries made by my solicitor.

One that I thought of was the annual management fees, it stated that the estimates need to be paid on closing date. As these are normally per annum basis, did anyone query whether that will be per pro rata basis (Assuming the per annum date start on January of every year due to not everyone will get their gaff on the same date/month)

If there are any that you raised, can you please feel free to share in case I miss anything.

Not sure if this is the norm but here goes anyway, in the Plan and Spec document for Upper Floor. Is it correct that there is no mentioned of insulation? In the brochure, it says "All of our houses are constructed with superior levels of insulation and they are carefully designed and detailed to reduce heat loss through floors, walls and roofs". Currently the Plan and Spec state "Prefabricated timber joists with plywood sheeting to deck" only for Upper Floor whereas the external front and rear wall and roof all have insulation specifically specified.

Maybe I'm overthinking this.

Another one to see if whether anyone clarified with vendor or not with respect to size.

In "Contract for Sale" there is a clause "The purchase buys with knowledge that the subject property is sold subject to the right of the vendor to exclude portion of the subject property or vary the retained lands (as defined in the specimen transfer) in the event that any ESB substation site is to be located thereon. The purchaser shall be notified as soon as reasonably possible in the event that the subject property is so affected"

It is not much of an issue if it is a tiny one like this

minipillar-3

But it make a huge difference if it is one of these (or larger)

_0003_mv-substation

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Evj

lau1247 wrote: »
    Going through the contract documents currently (A lot of reading kinda make me sleepy :o), other than the general queries made by my solicitor.

One that I thought of was the annual management fees, it stated that the estimates need to be paid on closing date. As these are normally per annum basis, did anyone query whether that will be per pro rata basis (Assuming the per annum date start on January of every year due to not everyone will get their gaff on the same date/month)

If there are any that you raised, can you please feel free to share in case I miss anything.

Yes, we queried this during the week. We were told that for the first set of management fees we will need to pay for 12 months. I think then in the second year it is pro rata and then the 3rd year will should fall Jan-Dec.

• Advertisement

After reading through the contract, there are a few ridiculous clauses (or at least in my mind it is)

For anyone that has signed the contract, what do you think or what did you do?

Example:
    Alarm: Not affix or maintain an alarm system in the sold land which causes or is liable to cause unreasonable disturbances to the occupiers of the other houses in the estate.

Isn't the whole point of alarm is to create disturbances in the event of need??

Not to hang clothes: Not hang nor permit to be hung or exposed any clothes or other articles from any part of the sold land or to be visible from the retained land

Is this the norm? Kinda defeat the whole purpose of having one's own private backyard :mad:

We have paid the deposit and signed the Contracts now. Please make sure you get the mortgage refusal clauses inserted in your Contracts. They say the Contracts are unconditional but, they can amend them in my experience.

Both Savills and Leahy have told me Phase 1 houses should be ready in Mar-Apr 2018. I think it will be a good idea if someone can setup a Facebook page similar to Alderlie one. Any volunteer(s)?

09_09_09 wrote: »
    We have paid the deposit and signed the Contracts now. Please make sure you get the mortgage refusal clauses inserted in your Contracts. They say the Contracts are unconditional but, they can amend them in my experience.

Both Savills and Leahy have told me Phase 1 houses should be ready in Mar-Apr 2018. I think it will be a good idea if someone can setup a Facebook page similar to Alderlie one. Any volunteer(s)?

did you miss your 28 days return date?

Also, there is a resident Alderlie facebook page?

lau1247 wrote: »
    did you miss your 28 days return date?

Also, there is a resident Alderlie facebook page?

Deadline can be extended if you have genuine queries. Our original return date was 17th October and then we raised some queries and it was extended to 26th October.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1918991175047345/

That's the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gvj1004

I think having our own St Helen's Facebook page makes sense, surely we will have different issues than what's going on in Alderlie. If no one else is interested then I can setup the Facebook page...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 papibabone

St. Helens Adamstown Residents
    (facebook)

papibabone wrote: »
    St. Helens Adamstown Residents
    (facebook)

Nice one, are you the admin?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Hi Guys,

The next launch seems to be going ahead on the last weekend in February.

Were there any overnight queues prior to the last launch or were people starting to queue in the morning?

Furthermore does the developer accept the help-to-buy scheme as part of the deposit e.g. house price is €290k, deposit is 10% - made up of €14.5k savings and €14.5k tax rebate?

Do you have to organise a bank draft/ check for the booking deposit before the launch date in order to secure a house?

Do you have to have a solicitor in place before you transfer the booking deposit?

Thanks,
    Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Zoz

MSVforever wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Were there any overnight queues prior to the last launch or were people starting to queue in the morning?

Furthermore does the developer accept the help-to-buy scheme as part of the deposit e.g. house price is €290k, deposit is 10% - made up of €14.5k savings and €14.5k tax rebate?

Do you have to organise a bank draft/ check for the booking deposit before the launch date in order to secure a house?

Do you have to have a solicitor in place before you transfer the booking deposit?

Thanks,
    Dan

Hi Dan,
    I went to the first launch in July, i went like 7am in the morning. There was like 10 people before me overnight. So if you really want to catch a specific house , you need to go early like 5am.

Yes the developer accept the help to buy

Yes you need to organize a bank draft of 5000 Euro. They normally send an email before launch with the required deposit value

You give them the bank draft in the day of launch and they will send you receipt by email

Zoz wrote: »
    MSVforever wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Thanks,
    Dan

Hi Dan,
    I went to the first launch in July, i went like 7am in the morning. There was like 10 people before me overnight. So if you really want to catch a specific house , you need to go early like 5am.

Yes the developer accept the help to buy

Yes you need to organize a bank draft of 5000 Euro. They normally send an email before launch with the required deposit value

You give them the bank draft in the day of launch and they will send you receipt by email

Thanks a lot Zoz.

What were the prices in July? What type of house did you buy?

Cheers,
    Dan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sheriff2

Just noticed, the houses have been listed on Daft and my home as starting at €290k, now as soon as they release the dates the starting price has moved to €295k.

Seems like a pretty scummy move, generate as much interest as possible then up the prices when you have people roped in!

sheriff2 wrote: »
    Just noticed, the houses have been listed on Daft and my home as starting at €290k, now as soon as they release the dates the starting price has moved to €295k.

Seems like a pretty scummy move, generate as much interest as possible then up the prices when you have people roped in!

I'm not defending them but I think that is the left over ad from the previous phase.

If memory serves me correct, the first phase was 285, second 290 and third (next) 295.

From what i can see the ad on daft is now updated.

Cheers.
    It's a nuisance that they have increased the prices again however it's still good value for money imo.
    As far as I can see they have only increased the price for the 3 bed mid terrace house. Must be the most popular one as there are not many new builds under €300k in Co. Dublin.

I guess there will be an overnight queue..... (

I cant find info on what phase we actually have our name down for, I presumed phase 2 but seems to be phase 3 reading these comments. Also has anyone seen the houses, the ones in the brochure and the online advertisements are Alderlie (Red Brick), St. Helens look to be a yellow brick.

Apologies for questions, but do people queue up willing to spend €300k plus and not know exactly what they are getting?

I am not entirely sure about the different phases but looking at their site map it appears that there was a phase 1 and 1A. Going by this logic there should be a phase 2 and 2A......
    Savills should definitely be clearer on this.

I have visited the Alderlie and previous phase St. Helens show houses and thought they were solid.

In hindsight we should have bought in 2016/2017 but weren't too sure about living in Adamstown. A reality check was helpful so we know now where we stand i.e. can't afford a 3 bedroom house in a decent enough area closer to town.

In fairness Adamstown has everything for a family and is handy with the train station.
    The houses for 290k will definitely be snapped up on the 24th February.

So the type 1 house have now increased to €297,500.

As per my previous post, I registered when they were listed on Daft at 290k, then the release date was announced the price changed to 295k, then 3 days before the opening price increased again.

Does no one else think this is disgraceful, the builder obviously has alot of interest on the Type 1 at 290k. Are they entitled to do this, is it not false advertising.

sheriff2 wrote: »
    So the type 1 house have now increased to €297,500.

As per my previous post, I registered when they were listed on Daft at 290k, then the release date was announced the price changed to 295k, then 3 days before the opening price increased again.

Does no one else think this is disgraceful, the builder obviously has alot of interest on the Type 1 at 290k. Are they entitled to do this, is it not false advertising.

I have to say I'm extremely pi $$ed off by this tactic. EA never mentioned anything re the 2nd increase. I'm still interested but if my budget was higher then I would look somewhere else now (just out of principle and would go on social media as well).
    I personally think it's false advertisement and unethical.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭climber59

Did anyone go to the launch today? Saw a few people parked there last night when I passed.

Yep, managed to secure one! delighted..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Ujeli

To everyone who paid the booking deposit on 24/25 Feb, what dates are your given for completion? I have been reading/hearing all different dates even for the same phase houses.

Advertisement