Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trading Crypto

• 03-10-2017 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Anyone on here trading crypto?
    I've been attempting to educate myself re trading bitcoin for the past while; it would be great if we could post trades and forecasts on here.
    I entered a short today at 4300 predicting a retrace following the rising wedge.
    Target is 4050.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

If I were a trader, I would be against you. :)
    I would enter a long position on the basis of the WSJ reporting yesterday that Goldman Sachs is strongly considering creating a bitcoin trading division. Also, I believe that more people will be inclined to hodl in their expectation of getting "free" coins in the coming Bitcoin Gold and Segwit 2X airdrops.
    I would be long to $4,650 with a stop-loss at $4,100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

Ive never traded only bought and held. I`m one of those whose are kicking themselves for not buying more than I did a few years ago. But its not so bad as at least I was putting a portion of my savings into Bitcoin and it has reaped rewards.
    I dont know if I should start buying again, if the price settles now and we find a floor under the price of around $3000 then I would be start adding some of my savings again. Bitcoin traded in the low hundreds for many months and I can see it sitting in the low thousands now for just as long a period which would imply its a good time to accumulate.

As for trading theirs one or two on youtube I have been following over the years who are really good at it so would be worth watching if trading is your thing
    Chris Dunne

and the very loud and annoying but a very good trader Brandon Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Anyone on here trading crypto?
    I've been attempting to educate myself re trading bitcoin for the past while; it would be great if we could post trades and forecasts on here.
    I entered a short today at 4300 predicting a retrace following the rising wedge.
    Target is 4050.

What's the expiration?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Good until cancelled Enda.
    The trend is currently downwards (it wasn't confirmed until about 9am). If the line is broken I'll probably re-enter at whatever point it's at.
    Otherwise I am hopeful of increasing my position.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

any good guides on trading?..... i watch some of those trading videos and they go completely over my head

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/CarpeNoctom
    https://twitter.com/MrJozza
    Spend alot of time looking at these chaps youtube videos/twitter posts - I would consider them to be the best. No bull****.
    You won't understand it over night.
    babypips and investopedia and v good for terminology

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    Ive never traded only bought and held. I`m one of those whose are kicking themselves for not buying more than I did a few years ago. But its not so bad as at least I was putting a portion of my savings into Bitcoin and it has reaped rewards.
    I dont know if I should start buying again, if the price settles now and we find a floor under the price of around $3000 then I would be start adding some of my savings again. Bitcoin traded in the low hundreds for many months and I can see it sitting in the low thousands now for just as long a period which would imply its a good time to accumulate.

As for trading theirs one or two on youtube I have been following over the years who are really good at it so would be worth watching if trading is your thing
    Chris Dunne

and the very loud and annoying but a very good trader Brandon Kelly

At least you got into it a few years ago. Even if I had discovered crypto a year ago, I'd have made a mint by now.

Closed this as down trend line was broken. Back in at 4240..still increased my position (albeit slightly)

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

boardie100 wrote: »
    any good guides on trading?..... i watch some of those trading videos and they go completely over my head

Take a look at Datadash on Youtube. He has some very good technical analysis and trading videos targeted at beginners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bhalan

Build a concept and idea then think through the possibilities and boundaries with help of business analysis after that program & develop a software then check the flexibility, safety and features of everything before launching a decentralized, crypto, and P2P exchange. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Nuant

Find out more about us at: https://www.nuant.com/

Nuant combines data, insights and analytics with portfolio monitoring, portfolio construction, compliance and risk management to help managers win and retain clients in digital asset management. Nuant seamlessly meets the needs of today's digital asset institutions with the data, solutions & financial services architecture of tomorrow.

Advertisement