Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The One About Optimum Strategies for Co-Op Content...

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

So Calus has been 2 manned.
    Some very handy idea/tips and stuff around Voidlock Devour use, Warcliff Coil use and a Team Teleport "cheese"
    I actually watched the 3 man kill 1st, and I think there's value in watching both, especially as what happens in the shadow realm changes between vids

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just to follow up on the Grenades on the teleport section, when your in the teleport section/realm:

I tested out a couple of ways and the only one that worked was that if you look on the ground on front of him you will see a couple of tiles slighted ramped up towards the floaty head. Well dont nade the middle one, instead go either side of that and it will take out a few of the skulls. Another option JCD noted was to use risk runner and arc nade yourself to get the chain damage. Both work very well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

From Reddit. Different version of Leviathan underbelly map; to forage for the drops that we already should have just got!

hw4us10l.jpg

Came here for pro strats.... left with Salt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

After running each Raid Challenge twice, and beating Calus once, I can say with absolute certainty that the #1 pro strat is DON'T DIE.

• Advertisement

After running each Raid Challenge twice, and beating Calus once, I can say with absolute certainty that the #1 pro strat is DON'T DIE.

michael-flynns-tenure-as-national-security-advisor-248690.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

After running each Raid Challenge twice, and beating Calus once, I can say with absolute certainty that the #1 pro strat is DON'T RAID.

FYP :pac:

Calus DPS stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 45,007 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Seeing talk of double autos.

I would like to try that out on my titan but I am generally in Team Suck - and I reckon I 100% need a scout rifle for dealing with those Psions. They are enough of a problem as is.

I would like to try that out on my titan but I am generally in Team Suck - and I reckon I 100% need a scout rifle for dealing with those Psions. They are enough of a problem as is.

I use the scathelock (sp) on the psions and they drop handy enough once you catch them as they spawn.

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I use the scathelock (sp) on the psions and they drop handy enough once you catch them as they spawn.

close one fine - hitting the cross map one I'd be more concerned about (talking about the normal psions, not the projection ones).

Find you have to go cross map on round 3 and 4 as they go into cover on left and right making 'your' one very hard to deal with.

I'm not saying it can't be done with an auto - but i'd worry about it adding an element of risk to my role in the raid that I would prefer to mitigate as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I was using Origin Story and Uriels Gift with the Actium War Rig as my exotic. Worked very well with the War Rig returning 10% of the mag every 2 seconds. Was on team teleport.

I was using Origin Story and Uriels Gift with the Actium War Rig as my exotic. Worked very well with the War Rig returning 10% of the mag every 2 seconds. Was on team teleport.
    indeed - my impression is it is far more suited to team teleport, or even the player who takes the central position on team suck - so that their psion is always in front.

Maybe an auto will do the job with no issues on the cross map psion (it isn't that far) but I'd be apprehensive about ruining a run on the experiment.

indeed - my impression is it is far more suited to team teleport, or even the player who takes the central position on team suck - so that their psion is always in front.

Maybe an auto will do the job with no issues on the cross map psion (it isn't that far) but I'd be apprehensive about ruining a run on the experiment.

Ah man its no issue to get the cross ones, i do be in the middle and can pop the middle lad then turn on the others if needed.

Calus DPS stuff

A good AR for Primary.
    Sweet Bizzness or Coldheart for Energy.
    Raid Rocket for Power.

Check. Check. Check.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

A good AR for Primary.
    Sweet Bizzness or Coldheart for Energy.
    Raid Rocket for Power.

Check. Check. Check.

Sweet business is a kinetic weapon.

Sweet business is a kinetic weapon.

Your right. Don't know why I thought it was Solar.

Clever Clever creature

zSjHAUQ.jpg

dWJyXFb.jpg

1YbNFLM.jpg

FzIGCOJ.jpg

pxLVmj5.jpg

Doubt there will be a whole pile of changes between Normal and Hard Mode tbh
    Bit disapointing really, but I haven't been a big fan of this Raid perosnally anyway
    We do not expect everyone to be successful in completing this activity. Mechanical changes to the encounters are minimal, but they are there. The Prestige Raid is about mastering a more punishing sandbox. Our goal is not to provide a boon to your character progression, but there are unique rewards to help you shine. Consider this your invitation to prove to the world that you are among the very best of the Raiders who overlook the City.

Doubt there will be a whole pile of changes between Normal and Hard Mode tbh
    Bit disapointing really, but I haven't been a big fan of this Raid perosnally anyway

Considering the raid design, disappointing it doesn't look like there will be new encounters in the hard mode. Doubly disappointing that beyond cosmetic things the hardmode doesn't look like it will offer a reason to do it over the very beatable normal mode.

• Advertisement

It's been by far and away the worst of all 5 Raids imho. But I've went down that rathole enough already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

You'd think the shadow realm teleport would be random like Atheon checkpoint.

Since Petking asked for videos

The order of the 1st 3 encounters changes weekly.

DO NOT PUNCH THE 4x PSIONS AT THE CALUS ENCOUNTER LIKE HE DOES IN HIS CALUS VIDEO

Some pro tips for Calus
    tl;dr: There are two DPS timers, a per plate timer (started by jumping on a plate) and an overall timer (started once Calus' shield pops). Taking your time to start DPS causes the overall DPS timer to cut into your 4th plate timer. So start on blades or dogs, and head to it as soon as you're back in the throne room.

Ran into this a lot last night while helping Calus runs, especially in groups trying to one phase. Lots of teams were having really short timers on the 4th plate, and the cause was always the same: They started DPS from Sun or Chalice, and took their sweet time getting ammo / waiting for everyone to group up before starting the DPS phase.

The issue here is there are two timers during the DPS phase:
    - A per plate timer, activated by jumping on a plate.
    - An overall DPS phase timer, activated after popping Calus' shield.

Taking too long either due to scrounging ammo before hopping up on a plate, or having Shadow team run aaaalllll the way up to Chalice or Sun from the back of the room where they spawn in, wastes valuable time and will cause the overall DPS timer to cut into your 4th plates timer.
    So start on Dogs or Blades for ease of access, book it straight to the plate as a Shadow Team member, and rotate from there.
    A couple other misconceptions during the DPS phase:
    Stagger/Transition animations do not cause Calus to go immune. Active plates are the only thing that matters. If you're getting "Immune" early it's because someone activated the plate early/jumped over it, or you've run out of Buff on the 4th plate.
    You can damage him through everything, as long as you're plate buff is active: Chest/armor transitions, staggers, plate nukes, plate cannons, & lava attacks.
    And another good point for decision making brought on by u/boogs34 question:

If the plate goes immune and he is still recovering from damage and hasn't yet shot at you with his cannon what do you do? Go to next plate (because then he will aim at that plate!) or just stand and wait?

When confronted with this situation, hop off plates and collect ammo, then jump up to next plate after he stands up and gets his shot off. Losing a couple seconds off a plate > Losing an entire plate after a couple seconds

Handy
    On Pleasure Gardens, your feet need to be touching the ground for damage stacks.

I was doing **** damage on dogs on prestige tonight. I watched my capture to try and figure out what was wrong, and found out that, you lose your stacks after a short delay when you jump up, and gain it back after touching back to ground (a single jump wouldn't cause problems).
    I thought I was being smart by standing on a structure to avoid small dogs.... Turns out that was NOT smart.
    P.S. Also you still lose damage stacks after dodging sometimes (not always). I thought they had fixed it; apparently not.

Advertisement