Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are you HOLD'ing?

• 01-10-2017 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Thread for future prospectus

So what are you holding long term amidst the current volatility.
    for myself its BTC BCC DASH NXS ARK FUN VTC SYNX

when playing the long game just remember to...

braveheart-hold-original-300x249.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭OldHouse

Besides the big 3, I have NEO/BAT/NAV and some WTC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

OldHouse wrote: »
    Besides the big 3, I have NEO/BAT/NAV and some WTC

BTC/ETH/LTC made up about 75% of my holdings.

The rest comprised of XRP/NEO/ETC/OMG/STEEM/ARK/CVC.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowseye

Check out SALT, decentralized lending, big backers like Erik Voorhees and Charlie Shrem. Make sure you do your own due diligence first though. Makes up a large portion of my portfolio at the moment. Metal is also one to look at in the upcoming months.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

IOTA is the one that's going to take me to the moon!

...I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Some BTC but mostly LTC and ETH. Looking to buy some XRP and NEO over the coming weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Nothing but Bitcoin.

btw when I go to investments & markets forum, should cryptocurrency not be visible as a sub-forum there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

cnocbui wrote: »
    Nothing but Bitcoin.
    Same here !
    A Bitcoin maximalist, is me. All-in on BTC, no holdings of sh!tcoins whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

All-in on BTC, no holdings of sh!tcoins whatsoever.

So everything bar BTC is a shïtcoin?

And that rationale stays, no matter what happens to BTC?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

BTC only, well BCH too by default

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

grindle wrote: »
    So everything bar BTC is a shïtcoin?
    Quite frankly, yes ! IMO, of course. :)
    (I'ld rather not include ETH in the category as it is a smart contract platform token rather than a coin -- but all the rest are over-valued, over-hyped and speculative rubbish masquerading as "coins".
    And that rationale stays, no matter what happens to BTC?
    If Bitcoin does ever crash-and-burn, then all the other CrapCrypto's will go down with it. But I'll guarantee you this: if when one of these sh1tcoins collapses in price, it will have no effect on Bitcoins price. None whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

when one of these sh1tcoins collapses in price, it will have no effect on Bitcoins price. None whatsoever.

A major collapse in ETH will drop BTC, it's simply too big not too.
    These so called ****coins are advancing the tech behind BTC and with without them BTC will not grow as quick since BTC is just a store of value that is far too slow to use day to day. If you want BTC to succeed then you should hope for other up and coming coins to improve on the technology.

Pretty terrible if we only had Amazon to buy from online since anything else is just a **** knockoff the first major online sellers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

btc, lisk, steem, xrp, vertcoin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Mainly Bitcoin but a small bit of Siacoin and DigiByte. Neither of which are making moves for the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

btc only - in for the long hodl

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Bitcoin 25%
    Ethereum 10%
    Litecoin 10%
    Neo 30%
    Omisego 5%
    Ark 9%
    Civic 5%
    Tenx 6%

SkySter wrote: »
    Bitcoin 25%
    Ethereum 10%
    Litecoin 10%
    Neo 30%
    Omisego 5%
    Ark 9%
    Civic 5%
    Tenx 6%

hmmm, you have almost the same range of coins as me apart from the tenx.

Kinda regretting the 500 steem I bought though, they're $.20 lower now. I shouldn't have bought them at a high I guess... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Bitcoin
    Ethereum
    Ripple
    Stratis
    SALT
    Particl
    Patientory

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

ETH
    FUN
    NEO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

Bitcoin
    Ether
    Dash
    Bitcoin-cash
    Lumens

the Bitcoin-cash and lumens I got for free, the rest were all purchased a few years back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

Just ETH & LTC

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowseye

Nothing to see here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

crowseye wrote: »
    For your own safety man I'd edit that post, you shouldn't really post your holdings online especially when they're that large

I did but now I need you to remove it too :D

missed that, were we in the millions? (in fiat) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    missed that, were we in the millions? (in fiat) ;)

At least a few Tipos, maybe a seicento or two ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

20% NEO
    16% BTC
    15% LISK
    14% OMG
    7% BNB
    6% WTC
    5% XEL
    5% ARK
    5% LTC
    5% ETH
    2% WAVES

I will probably sell the BNB in a few days when it reaches 2$
    I do a little bit of speculative buys just for fun.

seems to be some FUD about over the planned metropolis changes to ethereum, people saying that the change from pow to pos will kill it.

hmmm, you have almost the same range of coins as me apart from the tenx.

Kinda regretting the 500 steem I bought though, they're $.20 lower now. I shouldn't have bought them at a high I guess... :D

At the moment Tenx is down 10% from when I bought. They're saying cards should start shipping in volume this month so I'm expecting things to turn round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

seems to be some FUD about over the planned metropolis changes to ethereum, people saying that the change from pow to pos will kill it.

It might kill the incentive for miners, but for as long as Ethereum keeps being adopted by enterprise and blue chip companies that price will keep rising.

The more use it has the more it gets used the more it will be held for staking. Crypto-nerds might balk at the idea of a steady 5-10% earnings but billionaires would be quite happy with that - they'll be printing tens of millions in fiat per year!

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    It might kill the incentive for miners, but for as long as Ethereum keeps being adopted by enterprise and blue chip companies that price will keep rising.

The more use it has the more it gets used the more it will be held for staking. Crypto-nerds might balk at the idea of a steady 5-10% earnings but billionaires would be quite happy with that - they'll be printing tens of millions in fiat per year!

People need to start thinking of ETH less as a pure crypto-currency and more like a platform. For example, I bought some PAY and CIVIC tokens last week and to transfer these you need ETH. That's the kind of thing that is going to drive ETH growth, not mining.

Advertisement