Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Disgusted at how Hillary Clinton accussed Trump of STALKING her!

• 01-10-2017 12:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭

Just heard this on the late late. During Tubridy's interview with her, they took a few snippets (of a Trump/Clinton debate) out of context, to give the impression Trump was intimidating her on stage. Hillary even went as far as to tell Ryan that she felt he might have gotten physical with her! I found this interesting because I remembered watching the below videos about their body language during that debate, and how she was actually the one who invaded his space!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flOY_y8L5ko
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h-87w0lL4g

Then Tubs, in trying to get on the good side of the mainstream's opinion, asked Hillary the question of "did you ever feel like saying 'get away from me you creep'?" WTF Ryan? Gee, sort of like a catch 22 for Trump. It's just that he's taller than Hillary, so it's easier to make him out to be a threat. If it were the reverse scenario she wouldn't have been accused of creepy behavior.

I'm against Trump, but after watching the late late tonight, I now feel like a Trump supporter! And I'll admit these videos I post seem slightly biased in favour of Trump, but they do reveal, how he in fact did nothing wrong on stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

How...did she invade his space? He was skulking around her every time she spoke. It looked ridiculous. And yes, I did watch that whole debate. His body-language was just plain weird. She looked a bit tense when speaking, but was professionally ignoring what was a very petty tactic.

I was more disgusted at the sight of a grown man either so rude as to deliberately ignore his opponent when speaking by wandering off and around the place or deliberately trying to distract her or the crowd from her by wandering around behind her and looming occasionally. It was at the least extremely bad-mannered and very poor debating.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,319 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wow. Honestly don't think you could me more wrong OP. Don't think there's even an argument to be had here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Claude Wilton

Just heard this on the late late. During Tubridy's interview with her, they took a few snippets (of a Trump/Clinton debate) out of context, to give the impression Trump was intimidating her on stage. Hillary even went as far as to tell Ryan that she felt he might have gotten physical with her! I found this interesting because I remembered watching the below videos about their body language during that debate, and how she was actually the one who invaded his space!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flOY_y8L5ko
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h-87w0lL4g

Then Tubs, in trying to get on the good side of the mainstream's opinion, asked Hillary the question of "did you ever feel like saying 'get away from me you creep'?" WTF Ryan? Gee, sort of like a catch 22 for Trump. It's just that he's taller than Hillary, so it's easier to make him out to be a threat. If it were the reverse scenario she wouldn't have been accused of creepy behavior.

I'm against Trump, but after watching the late late tonight, I now feel like a Trump supporter! And I'll admit these videos I post seem slightly biased in favour of Trump, but they do reveal, how he in fact did nothing wrong on stage.

Well if the MAGA cap fits..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Pictures Of Lilly

Samaris wrote: »
    And yes, I did watch that whole debate.
    But no, you did not watch the links I posted.

Wow. Honestly don't think you could me more wrong OP. Don't think there's even an argument to be had here.

In the 1st vid you posted, you must realise that the distance between them is greater than it looks. So when Trump makes the hand movement, it looks like he's reaching out to grab her ass or something. But all he was doing was placing his hand on his podium!

In the 2nd vid you posted, you can see that she clearly insists on crossing over to his side. But all he actually did, was move back in to where his podium was!

I shouldn't have to clarify these things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Why on earth would we. We watched the debate. We saw his behaviour with our own eyes.

Why on earth would we. We watched the debate. We saw his behaviour with our own eyes.
    I already know what you guys currently think. That's the whole purpose of this thread... to make you see that there's more to it.

Bear in mind, I didn't make my replies to above poster, UNTIL I had first watched the videos they posted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

I watched the debate at the time so I don't really distance measurements on his stage stalking. It was the memorable part of that debate and it was rather bizarre.

I already know what you guys currently think. That's the whole purpose of this thread... to make you see that there's more to it.

Bear in mind, I didn't make my replies to above poster, UNTIL I had first watched the videos they posted

There's nothing more to it. He's Donald trump. He doesn't do subtle.

pitifulgod wrote: »
    I watched the debate at the time so I don't really make distance measurements on his stage while he's stalking. It was the memorable part of that debate and it was rather bizarre.
    What I'm saying is that the camera angle made it look like he was standing over her. If you were to look at them from the side, you see that all he did, was move back in towards his podium! The only reason he did that, was because he wasn't sure what else she was about to do, having already unpredictably crossed over into space. If he didn't close off that space, then otherwise she might have decided to take the piss out of him... what if she started leaning on his podium while answering questions! You see? sort of a catch 22 for Trump.

Now it'd be different if he held that proximetry to her anywhere else on the stage, but I think the guy is allowed to lean on his podium!

What was bizarre was that she kept crossing over to his side of the stage to answer questions. He didn't cross over to her side of the stage to answer questions from her side... as there was no need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,319 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

"Don't believe what you saw, believe what this lad on YouTube is saying."

'YouTube facts'... I'm guessing people who watch this stuff already want to believe it's true.

It's not a guy!

Why not believe what I'm saying. I can't see anyone refuting my points I've made in reply to comments.

It's not a guy!

Why not believe what I'm saying. I can't see anyone refuting my points I've made in reply to comments.

We have refuted it. We saw the debates. We have no time for this childishness.

We have refuted it. We saw the debates. We have no time for this childishness.
    Sorry kiddo, you haven't. You can try though! You never know, you might say something that I mightn't have predicted!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Personally I'm more disgusted by Trump's behaviour and deportment on a daily basis since his election but by all means get your knickers in a twist about Hillary calling him out on his body language.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Personally I'm more disgusted by Trump's behaviour and deportment on a daily basis since his election but by all means get your knickers in a twist about Hillary calling him out on his body language.
    Let's not get side tracked. I'm sure there's enough talk about that in some Trump thread. He didn't call her out on it because it'd look petty.

And even if he did act a bit strange, I think it's far more reprehensible to take advantage of that by making it seem like he was an actual physical danger to her! If I were in Trump's shoes, I'd have moved in towards the podium (as he did), but I would've just made sure that my torso wasn't facing her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Was this exact thread not on After Hours on Friday?

Did a search. Here it is. Same title. Same original post:
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057792401/1

Sorry kiddo, you haven't. You can try though! You never know, you might say something that I mightn't have predicted!

You predicted people to disagree with you. I wonder why...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

He didn't call her out on it because it'd look petty.

Call her out on what, exactly???

• Advertisement

You predicted people to disagree with you. I wonder why...
    No kiddo, that I can predict their arguments.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Call her out on what, exactly???
    We're either going around in circles, or you haven't been following the comments.

No kiddo, that I can predict their arguments.

What argument. There isn't one. Have another go on the after hours thread.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod note:

OP has started a thread on this exact same topic in After Hours:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104831103

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement