Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Late Nevile Furlong

• 26-09-2017 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So sorry to hear of the passing of Neville Furlong ...had the great pleasure of serving with him on a overseas Mission to Lebanon, during which we formed a battalion Rugby team and toured Cyprus .....indecently we beat three of Her Majesty's Finest ..Lt Col Bill Eager was our Commanding officer. Later met him in Kosovo...great times So sad a fine Officer Like Neville was taken so young May God Rest His Soul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 benwed

I echo ur sentiments about Neville furlong celticfir.i too served with him in Lebanon in 1993.as fit a man as I ever played sport with and a non drinker too boot.at 49 gone way too soon.i myself turned 49 yesterday,it makes u think,may he rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Liam Toland
    For many, Neville’s caps, heavily bandaged broken ankle and try against John Kirwan, one of the greatest wingers of all time, define him, but for me it’s his time in the 3rd’s dressing room in his beloved Garryowen with team-mates Mikey “the Bake” Carmody, Dave “Gaggsy” Geoghan, Andy “Burger” Nevin, Johnny “Beds” Lane and team captain Brian “Dobbo” Dobson that tell the true story; they would do anything for the relentless Neville – even travel to New Brunswick RFC; anyone would. Because his greatest trait was spotting the weak guy where others would glance on by.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/liam-toland-in-appreciation-of-the-pioneer-neville-furlong-1.3237552?mode=amp

Advertisement